“Joy at Pike Place”

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place is right by the Pike Place Market and no hotel could be better located. Restaurants, markets, Wharf, shopping and Entertainment are all around the Hotel. The rooms are large and the bathrooms are big and stylish. There are a few shops, cafes and wine bars in the same building and they are very popular hang outs. The rooms are clean and well serviced. Wifi is free.
The reception and concierge are very friendly and helpful at all times. Check in is only at 4 Pm and one is lucky to get a room by 1 PM. This is not a worry for there is plenty to do around the hotel. Macys, Nordstorm, West lake center and station are some of the attractions near by
The Inn at the Market is pleasing in so many ways, and if I were to pick two words then I would go with ‘homely and indulging’.
Highly recommended

Room Tip: PIck the rooms at higher levels. At street level, traffic noise and street lights could be disturbin...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located right next to Pike's Market. Easy walking to many attractions in Seattle. Staff is friendly and helpful. Views out onto the bay are beautiful. The 5th floor roof top can be used for hotel guests, I enjoyed my Starbuck's and a breakfast bun from Pike's Market on the roof. Hotel is clean and quiet and rooms are spacious.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
1  Thank AML848
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Guest;
I am pleased to read how you enjoyed strolling through the market gather a few offerings and enjoying them on the deck. There is a selection of cheeses, wine, fruit and not to mention stopping by and seeing the fishmongers at world famous Pike Place Fish to get some smoked salmon. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Let me start by saying the staff is just great. Warm, welcoming, knowledgable and helpful. They made everything so easy and enjoyable. The room was excellent with a LARGE bathroom and a great view overlooking Pike Place Market and Elliott Bay. Convenient to the market, the waterfront, and good restaurants. The inn also has a great outdoor terrace with the same view.

Room Tip: Ask for waterfront, the view is worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geoffmcdowell519

Dear Guest;
Thank you for your kind words about our team, we all are committed to making certain we create memorable moments for all. Check out our latest suite offering 'Beechers Loft' by visiting our website, located above Sur La Tab. I am pleased to read you enjoyed being in Pike Place Market and we hope to see you back soon.
Best

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this week for 4 nights. We expected high quality service since on Trip Advisor it was rated the #1 hotel in Seattle. So when we had one problem after another the entire stay it became clear that for us the only reason for it's top rating is the view and location. We paid almost $500 a night for a room with a stunning view of Puget Sound. The hotel is a 3 minute walk to Pike market. The room was okay and the bed was comfortable. Room service on the other hand was a disaster! First morning they never took the order card from our door. So when I called to find out where was our breakfast they had no order and the card was still outside the door. Second day room service did not bring the milk I ordered for my (dry) oatmeal and tea. By the time it was delivered it was half an hour later and I was finished eating. Third day the breakfast was fifteen minutes late. I called room service for status and the woman had no order for us giving a lame reason - I ordered for an 8:15 delivery to room 808 and she said there was no order but there was one for room 815 so they probably messed up. I was so aggravated I said forget the order and hung up the phone and then low and behold there was a knock at our door and there was our breakfast! So a very unorganized department! Although the General Manager called to apologize and offered a bottle of champagne (which we declined) it just did not make up for the inconvenience. The staff also messed up a laundry order almost shorting us a skirt and shirt the day before we were due to leave. If this was an average hotel we would not have been so aggravated. But that was not the case. We will not stay here again.

4  Thank PDSEH
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Guest:
I am sorry that we were not able to make your stay as comfortable as you had expected and we were attempting to make your room service orders correct for the remaining of your stay. I am sorry to read that you will not be returning to the Inn at The Market and if I or any member of the team can assist with other hotel recommendations we will be happy to help
Sincerely

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Wonderful boutique hotel at Pikes Place Market in Seattle. We stayed there 3 days before leaving for an Alaska cruise and one night at the end of the trip. Rooms are nice with both city and water views available. Staff extremely friendly and helpful especially at the reception desk where we received great recommendations for tours and for restaurants. Cannot recommend this hotel enough, if ever in Seattle again we definitely will be back there. Thank you Inn at The Market!

Room Tip: We had room 416 on our first visit and it has a water view plus the Market Place sign is visible fro...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was a fantastic hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful in every way. Our room was very large and appeared to be newly renovated. Bed, pillows were very comfortable. Great views and rooftop deck for a full view of the Market, Pugent Sound and sunsets. Location is perfect, as in walking distance to the "must see" sights of Seattle. You will be spoiled by his gem of a hotel!

Room Tip: Full view is the best, but partial view of the sound is great too!
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I just love this hotel! This is my 2nd time staying at Inn at the Market & I will make sure that I stay there from now on. This time we stayed on the 8th floor & had the spectacular views of the water & Pikes Market. Wow! Just beautiful! The room was comfortable, the bedding was lush & the bathroom had all the extra's that we girls love. Paying the extra for the water views is well worth it. The staff is amazing & the location of this hotel is perfect. I can't say enough good things about this property.

Room Tip: Pay the extra & get a room with a water view. I loved our 8th floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business