“Superb location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Duluth, Georgia
“Superb location”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

What a great location for this little Inn. Arrived early on Saturday from the east coast, but our room was ready. We hadn't reserved a room with a view since this was supposed to be a cheap and cheerful trip (me tagging along on a business trip with my husband). As it turns out they gave us room 411, which over looked the side street, however the window seat had a wonderful view of the Sound and the Olympians beyond. Every single member of staff we met was delightful, especially the adorable Trevor who drove us to dinner at Canlis on Sunday evening and then came to pick us up again afterwards. The only little fault I have is that the furnishings were starting to look just the tiniest bit tired, and the decor could be refreshed, but there was absolutely no question about the cleanliness - everything was immaculately clean.

1 Thank mandarina65

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (959)
  • Korean first
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect! It's literally on the market! There is also a Target just one block away in case you're need of some "left at home" toiletries. But location is not all this hotel has to offer... the staff is friendly, the rooms are beautiful AND clean, and it offers wonderful views. Upon arrival, I was greeted immediately and told that I had received a complimentary upgrade. I was upgraded to the 7th floor suite which included a separate living area, two TVs, and a mini kitchen. But the most stunning part of this room was the view. I had a beautiful view overlooking the water and the Market. Best of all, the view came with a chaise positioned right in front of the balcony doors which allowed me to enjoy not only the view but the crisp Spring weather. I stayed here during a conference at the convention center and found the walk everyone morning to the convention center to be a pleasant one with many shopping temptations along the way. I was seriously so pleased with this hotel that I'm already looking forward to my next conference in Seattle just so I can stay here again. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We arrived before check in time but that wasnt a problem as room wasnt ready however we were offered another room but given ours was going to be on the top floor we decided to have a look around while we waited for our room to be ready. The staff have been really friendly and we loved coming home late at night to find our bed turned down for us, it just added that little something else. The hotel is clean and there is a little bit of traffic noise but you dont really notice it or should I say it doesnt effect your ability to sleep etc. The view from the roof top is amazing and if it was a clear day would be lovely to sit out there and enjoy the view.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor with a city view but if you wanted to spend a bit more go for the sea vie...
Lakewood, Washington
Reviewed May 11, 2013

What a wonderful stay in a wonderful place. Our rooms were perfect, everyone was friendly and helpful. The deck was an amazing place to spend a sunny afternoon, have a glass of wine and snack and watch the water activity. Close to the Public Market and a short walk to 'downtown' and the wonderful art museum. As a former Seattleite, I appreciate all this great city has to offer and look forward to return trips.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
dwatkinsgm, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for visiting Seattle and staying with us in Pike Place Market, I am glad that you enjoyed our restaurants here at the hotel as well as others nearby. We look forward to your visiting in the near future, if I can ever be of assistance with reservations please feel free to contact me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com
Best
David Watkins
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed there 5 days and absolutely loved the hotel. You can't beat the location, you are right across from Pike Market and walking distance to many great places to eat. Just 4 blocks away is the Tram that takes you to the Space Needle, Chihuly Museum and EMP museum. A 5 minute walk to the Aquarium, Ferris Wheel and the Water Cruises.
The Service is great and staff friendly and very helpful. Very clean and very well decorated boutique hotel. Our room was a 7th floor Water view suite, one of the only 2 rooms that share a large terrace with absolutely breathtaking views of the bay, market, Mount Rainer and the city. We enjoyed breakfast and watched the sunset on the terrace. The room had floor to ceiling windows and a small kitchenette with microwave and fridge. There is a rooftop terrace on the 5th floor for all the other guest in the hotel, Our room was a little pricey, but when I compared it to the other hotels in the area it was a bargain. The 4 Seasons charges a lot more for a Water view without a terrace and the Inn is in a better location. The city view rooms are cheaper and you can always go to the rooftop terrace for the views. There isn't any fitness center in the hotel, but they allow the guest to go to a fitness club, for a fee, just about a block away that has a large pool, you do so much walking around that we really didn't need to go there. We would definately go back and hopefully get the same room.

Room Tip: Room 708, Water view suite is 1 of 2 rooms that have the large terrace. You share it with the other...
2 Thank Mimi and P
Comox, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is the perfect location for a stay in Seattle. So much to see in easy walking distance. The market area is full of wonderful fresh market food surrounded by cafes, restaurants and boutique shops. Stroll up town, and you are soon in the high street hub. We stayed around the Inn which has a European touch to the rooms which I have missed. Huge room, and bathroom. Lovely beds and pillows. We dined at the Bistro in evening, which was perfect if you like European food, and had a great breakfast just around the corner. I will be back to Seattle for shopping next time, and would not book elsewhere, as when you have found the best why look elsewhere?

Room Tip: We had city view, on the corner , had no intention of spending much time looking out the window, so...
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I took a mid-week trip to Seattle; we wanted to stay at The Inn at the Market because of the great reviews, and also because of it's location, location, location. We were a bit disappointed when the Inn was completely booked except for a city-view room, but decided to stay there, anyway. When we arrived, my husband asked whether they'd had any water-view cancellations we could book, since it was a bit of a special occasion for us; they not only upgraded us to a water-view, but to a suite, free of additional charge!

The suite was beautifully-appointed with lovely furnishings and all the comforts of home (including a microwave kitchenette), but the VIEW was amazing! We had views of the water from two sides of the suite, including a floor-to-ceiling set of windows in the living room.

The service continued to be top notch - always available, professional, yet subtle and unobtrusive. There was a fire in the lobby, which was perfect on the morning that it rained, and a steady flow of complimentary coffee and tea, as well. The entrance is in a secluded, delightful little patio, but the Inn itself is smack in hte heart of the Public Market and walking distance from the best of downtown. In three days, we walked everywhere except when we rode the monorail to the space needle, just for fun.

We will never stay anywhere else in Seattle, and recommend The inn at the Market highly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rosivdapirt1960
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest:
I am glad to read you left Seattle with fond memories of the Inn at The Market and that our team was in a position to offer you an upgrade. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you return in the near future.
Best