“Fantastic two night premier stay”
Review of Inn at the Market

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 9, 2013

After a strenuous work schedule, it was an absolute delight to stay at Inn at the Market for a short recuperation. Room and bed were comfortable and quiet corner as preferred was granted. Service from all staff were great, location was perfect. There's a great choice of eateries around the Inn also. Thank you for making my first stay in Seattle such a relaxing trip, will visit again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,755)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We first rate places by how professional and personal the staff is, and those at the Inn at the Market were top notch in both respects. The room was all that it was supposed to be, and yet the staff was always nicely inquiring if there was any way that they could serve us; politely and in not the least bit intrusive. For us the roof top deck provided wonderful views of the bay and potential spots for us to visit on our next walking excursion. Only a few blocks away was the mini-rail that provided a quick ride to the Space Needle and the surrounding features. Had we wanted to use the Light Rail, it too was within short walking distance. In fact, the next time we travel half-way across the country to see more of Seattle, we will use the Light Rail to get us to this part of town, as we again stay at the Inn at the Market.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking a moment to reconigize members of our team, I will be certain that they all get to read your review. The location here in Pike Place Market puts you in the middle of the best Seattle has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and if I can be of any assistance with return arrangements please contact me a dwatkins@innatthemarket.com

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This lovely little inn next to Pike's Street Market is the perfect indulgence for a relaxing vacation. I have never slept in a more comfortable bed and I could spend an entire day on the roof top garden looking over Puget Sound, the Ferris Wheel & busy street below. Completely refreshing.

Room Tip: Check the website for packages and specials.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My corner room had a view of the water, the market, the ferris wheel AND the rain! I am a light sleeper and for being right in the thick of things, it was quiet. I did not hear noise from other rooms either. You could smell the newness of the newly redecorated areas. My bathroom only had a shower, no tub, which was not an issue for me, but could be a deterrent to someone, so make sure and clarify that. The bathroom, while a good size, really had no place other than a small glass shelf for storing toiletries. And I was by myself, so inconvenient for two people, IMO. I, too, noted broken glass on the rooftop deck, so it appears it is not inspected daily? I had a lamp that did not work at all, which while not a big deal because there were plenty of other options, does make one wonder about quality control. A nice touch was a beverage service in the lobby. Being in the heart of the market, I went down to Le Panier for breakfast & Cafe Campagne for dinner & would recommend both. I would recommend staying at Inn at the Market, but recommend that managment follow up on the small details before I would give them 5 stars. I stayed at the Mayflower Park Hotel on my last visit and preferred my stay there.

Room Tip: corner room on upper floor "city" view but one that can also let you see the water side so...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking a moment to share how much you enjoyed you our location here in Pike Place Market. I have met with the team about the previous comments posted and yours in regardst to attention to detail. The hallways and guest room carpet project is slated to be completed latter today. When you do plan on returning please feel free to contact me and i will be happy to assist with reservations.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was travelling on business and wanted to squeeze in some sights while on my first trip to Seattle. The Inn was perfect for just that and I would definitely stay there again. The room was a good size and bathroom huge (the towels even smelled great!). At first, I was a little miffed that there was no desk/work area, but I set up at the table by the window and it worked just fine with a beautiful view. You can't beat the location, steps away from the market and very first Starbucks. I also walked to the Space Needle which was a bit of a hike but walking is the best way to experience the sights and sounds of any new city - opt for the Space Needle and Chihuly exhibit, you won't regret it. I've seen Chihuly in Atlanta and Vegas and Seattle was my favorite. Cafe Campagne is also delicious and be sure to stop at the Crumpet Shop for a lemon curd and ricotta crumpet before leaving!

Room Tip: I stayed in a city view room on the fifth floor and still had a great view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking a moment to share a few hightlights of your visit, I am pleased to ready you enjoyed Seattle.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

First off the location was fantastic and the valet attendants were very nice and helpful.

Perhaps it's because I had read so many great reviews that I was dissatisfied. The roof top deck had glass shattered everywhere and I found that out the hard way by walking in the dark and sticking a piece of glass in my shoe. This was a bummer because that was a huge draw for us and we didn't use it at all do to the safety hazard. Looks like some stupid person broke a table. The light in our room had bad wiring so it wouldn't stay on unless the cord was in the right position. The bed cracked like it was broken on the right side. The noise was horrible but I suppose that goes with the territory of a lower floor in downtown Seattle. And perhaps a stupid thing but whats the point of one robe when two people are in a room? I dont know... I just think for 300+ it fell very short. Location can only carry it so far.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Mary C
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Mary:
Thank you for writing into Tripadvisor to share your experience you had this past weekend. I am very sorry that we did not have the glass picked up in a timely manner, I have reveiwed this with our team. I am also looking into the bedding and light fixture. I do aplogize about the shortfalls and when you do plan on returning to Seattle please contact me directly and I will be certain that you are much better taken care of. dwatkins@innatthemarket.com

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Inn at the Market is the perfect place to stay on the Seattle waterfront. It is located within easy walking distance of everything and anything you need or would want to experience in Seattle. The waterfront, Pike Place Market across the street, lots of restaurants, cafes, bars and the ferries. My wife uses a wheel chair and were able to take it all in. The facility is more than top notch and I can't say enough great things about the entire staff! If you are coming to Seattle for a quiet getaway you will not do better than the Inn at the Market. You will be back!

Bob Olsen
Yakima Wa.

Room Tip: If you can get a water view room DO IT!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple