“Great location but just average on everything else”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn at the Market

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sacramento, California
“Great location but just average on everything else”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

First things first. I stayed here on a Sunday night for only one night. Rate with tax was $220.

Pros: Location, location, location, observation deck, comfy bed, large bathroom, business center
Con: Basic Room, bathroom a little dirty sand on the floor (minor but for #1 TA hotel), nothing special about this place outside of location

I was ready to love this place. The location itself is way. You can not beat the location. A few steps from Pike's Market. As they say in the real estate business, location, location, location. This place definitely has it.

However, outside of that I didn't notice anything special about that place. I mean the customer service was good, the room was good and although it was noisy as they were installing carpet on the floor above oddly before check out time but after 10am, this place didn't have anything that I though a #1 hotel on Trip Advisor would have.

I stayed at the Paramount Hotel two nights earlier and I found that experience much more enjoyable at a rate almost 100 dollars cheaper. Although the location is less desirable.

So bottom line this is a really good hotel but it is really good because of its location. If you want to experience the market and have a close place to retreat to. This is it. Outside of that for its price range it is average quality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank scoredonu
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed the location here in Pike Place Market that you found it convenient. I am very sorry that we disturbed your visit with our carpet upgrade, we are almost done, down to our last floor. When you do plan on returning please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to assist in making your reservations and will be certain you are well taken care of. dwatkins@innatthemarket.com
Best
David Watkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (942)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night. Just a few feet away from Pike Place Market, the location cannot be beat. The rooms were nicely done and the internet was complementary. The staff was friendly and helpful. Good breakfast places around. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Smkg1104
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Location is definitely this place's main asset. Rooms are nicely done but not flashy. There is a roof top deck for those without a room with a view.

Internet is reasonably quick and free. Bed is comfortable. Breakfast is not included. There are several restaurants in the building but are not directly accessible from the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I only got to stay one night at Inn at the Market (business), but they made sure I had a wonderful stay! I was allowed early check in, and then the friendly concierge gave me a map to show me how to see the Seattle highlights, like the Space Needle and Chihuly Museum. I was also shown how to navigate the super-cool-and-larger-than-it-looks Pike's Place Market, which is literally steps from the inn. The room itself is clean, comfortable and spacious, with robe and umbrella (a must in Seattle) in the room. There is also coffee service, and the bed and sheets are soft.

The next day, I ordered room service for breakfast, and it arrived very promptly. When I asked for ketchup, the bellhop produced it from his pocket!

Overall, I highly recommend this very convenient and friendly small hotel, and I look forward to returning for a longer stay.

Room Tip: City view rooms are just fine. If you're there in the summer with less overcast, a port side ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nickynew
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Hotel is in a great location, literally steps from the market. Our room was comfortable and well-lit and the bathroom was also very nice. The staff was helpful and friendly, as was the concierge. I definitely would stay here again should I find myself heading back to Seattle!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank JMarieP
Whittlesea, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Janet and I have two or three "Jubilee Cities" around the world. These cities are the places where we can run for the relief and refreshing of "urbanymity." I think Seattle is the reason I coined that word and The Inn at the Market is the base sanctuary from which we launched our amazing experiences in Seattle. There isn't a better location for any Seattle Ground Zero. We walked where and when we wanted to! We caught the free public bus service in the central business district and found the hotel faultless in facility and in service. Even though we live in Africa we've managed to get to The Inn at the Market three or four times over the years of travel. Can't wait to get back. See you there!!!! Seattle central for sure!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TravelingWriter001
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for only one night for a quick business trip to Seattle. The staff was extremely helpful and professional. Room was very comfortable with a courtyard view. Proximity to the market and good restaurants was perfect. Wish I had more time. This was my first trip to Seattle and I am considering a short weekend trip back. I would definitely stay at the Inn at the Market again. It was perfect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business