Inn at the Market
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
$149
$139
Travelocity
  • Fitness center
2,796 results
All reviewsrooftop deckcafe campagnepartial water viewperfect locationpuget soundliterally stepspost alleyfifth floororiginal starbuckselliot baycity viewboutique hotelferris wheelolympic mountainsturn down servicewithin walking distancecorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I spent five nights at the IATM in early March for my birthday. I had originally booked my stay in August of last year and learned just two weeks before that they would be renovating during our trip. I wanted to personally thank Shelley Wooten who contacted me, helped preserve my original trip plans and went out of her way to offer us dining credit to make up for the differences in our package. Here's a breakdown of my stay:

Rooms: Due to the renovations I experienced two different rooms, both with beautiful views (corner water view and a water view townhouse) that were very different. The corner water view suite was beautiful with views of Post Alley and the waterfront. I could easily see the Public Market sign. The bathroom was huge with a nice "seat" that extended back from the tub space so you could lay out the toiletries. The downside to this room is that it was very noisy on a Friday and Saturday night. Noise from the courtyard restaurant and from Post Alley and Stewart, coupled with noisy car alarms went on well after midnight so bring some earplugs and you should be fine. The water view townhouse looked out onto the deck from the first floor and out over the deck on the second. It came equipped with a microwave, fridge, small kitchen sink and dishes and cutlery. The bathroom is located upstairs and has a double sink vanity but was actually smaller than the bathroom in our water view suite. It was extremely quiet Sun-Wed and overlooked Pine and the inner courtyard. The towels were nice and soft and the Gilchrist and Soames amenities were a nice touch. All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the rooms and would only ask for two improvements: 1) less minibar items in the fridge so we could chill our water or store some fruit 2) consider a curving shower curtain bar as the bathtub is narrow and the curtains tend to billow even though they are weighted.

Staff: The staff was exceptional. Alyssa checked us in and was warm and welcoming. On all the subsequent days the desk staff helped with all our questions, were very prompt with our car from the valet, handled our room move without a hitch and helped us book an in-room massage that fit our busy schedule. I would highly recommend your schedule one; the IATM provides robes in the rooms so you are all set!

Restaurants: IATM has many dining options right in the courtyard. Room service from Cafe Champagne was good, try their chevre on crostini. Breakfast at Bacco's was delicious. I enjoyed their quiche, their eggs benedict and their brioche french toast. I enjoyed our evening meal at Marche with small plates like mushroom fougasse and a poached pear dessert. Also although Chan is not on the room service menu, you can call in an order and walk right downstairs to pick it up and take it back to your room.

Location: Right in the Market so you can really get out and explore. Walk down Post Alley to Frank's for incredible produce like blood oranges. Walk in the other direction and you'll find Le Panier which offers excellent pan au chocolat and walk past that and you'll come to Pear which offers delicious market salads, sandwiches, caramels and unique sodas (try the lavender flavor).

My stay at the market was romantic, relaxing and private with just the right amount of warmth and attention from the staff. I definitely look forward to coming back for another stay.

Room Tip: My water view room was 415, a corner suite, gorgeous views but noisy during the weekend. My water view townhouse was 502 as it's two stories, it was level with the 5th floor deck and overlooked the 5th floor deck so during warm weather months, there's not much privacy with the curtains open. Views on a nice day though are incredible!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer S
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear Jennifer:
Thank you for selecting the Inn at The Market as your hotel of choice while visiting Seattle. I will be certain to pass on your well wishes for Ms. Shelley Wooten and the rest of the team. Detailed comments like yours are appreciated by us as well as the readers of tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Right in the heart of Pike place Market is this lovely hotel. The staff were friendly & helpful, the room was great with a view of the sound! the room had an roomy "bar" fridge to store stuff (from the market) if you wished and a microwave and some dishes etc.. Would definitely stay there again next time in Seattle.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wolflore53

Dear Guests from Canada:
Thank you for visiting Seattle and staying here in Pike Place Market, I am very pleased to read you had a memorable stay.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We spent one night at the Inn during a weekday in March when there was a light rain. It was perfect for our anniversary. It is accross the street from the Public Market with lots of vendors with hand made goods, fresh vegtables, and seafood. There were several small places to eat. We had dinner at one of the Inn's restaurants which was also excellent. Our room had a view of Puget Sound, the Public Market and the Seattle waterfront, and even in the rain it was a joy. If you want a romantic getaway in the City, easy walking distance to shopping and restaurants, the Inn at the Market is the place. We live about an hour from the city, in the country, and it was a nice change of pace.

Room Tip: Get a room with the view, it is worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest:
A night staycation here in Pike Place Market is a wonderful place to celeberate a special occasion. For the readers of tripadvisor when you are making you are celebrating an anniversary, birthday or have a request, please let us know at the time of your reservation or when you check in.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel, right next to the market. We stayed for 3 nights during our honeymoon and had a great time. You get a good view of Puget sound from their viewing deck. All of the staff were very polite and keen to help. Pike brewery beer in the mini bar as well which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Perfect stay in Seattle-they treat you like family. The location is great, the staff incredibly helpful, our view was gorgeous. ALL our meals were amazing. Will stay here again in a heartbeat. You can walk to most attractions, but if not, bus or taxi's are readily available.

• Stayed: February 2013