“Oasis in the Middle of Downtown”
Review of Inn at the Market

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our long weekend trip to Seattle was fantastic, mostly due to the stellar accommodations provided by Inn at the Market. We were delayed arriving into Seattle and didn't check in until after midnight. They had saved the last room for us, and while it was comfortable, it was a wheelchair accessible room on a lower floor. I'm a sucker for a long soak in the tub, which we mentioned to the front desk and the next day by noon they moved us to a larger room with a partial water view (and a tub!). The service at this hotel is fantastic. The beds are as close to sleeping on a cloud as you can get. The decor and furnishings are classic and inviting. Try Bacco for breakfast, they make a great dungeness crab omelet and fresh squeezed juices. The tea shop (Perennial Tea Shop) in the nearby alley serves the best cuppa english breakfast ever. One note, a lot of the rooms in the hotel are located on the "city" (i.e.: street) side and the city noise can be a little much on a Saturday evening. We turned the fan on and it drowned out the sound perfectly.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #410 (city side with a corner window view of the water). It was very nice and com...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Guest:
I am pleased to read you enjoy our "Urban Oasis" in the middle of Pike Place Market, one truly gets a great Seattle experience when staying her with us. Thank you for visiting Seattle and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Inn for 3 nights and it was very pleasant. Certainly nothing special if you are looking for the ultimate hotel experience but the place is just so charming. The rooms are quite dated, it's loud with traffic noise and the hotel could do with a proper refurb BUT the staff are were ever so friendly. From reception to the bell boy who even jumped into the hotel car to drive us to the purple cafe close by. Everyone was really accommodating and that made it a lovely stay. The location is just superb, right in front of the amazing market and the little courtyard outside reception is so charming!!!! Will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our Puget sound view room was fanstatci, as well as the market view, so fun to people watch, ferry watch, and just enjoy the roof top deck with a cup of coffee. staff was very friendly, rooms clean and the sitting room was nice. Great location to walk all over, dinner, ferry, montorail, space needle. Bacco, here at the hotel is great. Try the crumpet shop, also a winner. Beechers, for Mac and cheese! Yes! Mod pizza, fun and very good, Pink door, great. Anyway, food options here are great! Love Seattle!

Room Tip: Get the sound view, well worth the expense.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caseycami

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking a moment to share a few of the great places you discovered while staying with us.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was such a fun weekend! I decided to plan an "in- city" trip in Seattle, where I live. Always wanted to stay at the Inn at the Market, so I booked there in a view room. Loved it. The view was amazing, captured the Seattle Public Market neon sign with Puget Sound and the ferries beyond. We tried room service, wandered the Pike Place Market early in the morning before the crowds arrived and while the vendors were just setting up, sipping lattes and croissants. So conveniently located, we enjoyed an national art show that was showing downtown during our visit and just mosied around the downtown area at our leisure. Our car was safely tucked away by the hotel valets while we stayed at the Inn. What a extravagant weekend- we ate out and played in city, came home to a beautiful room and bath each night. The Inn at the Market was NOT cheap, but the overall experience was well worth it.

Room Tip: Bite the bullet and ask for a view of the bay and the market.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marinaSeattle

Dear Seattleite:
Thank you for making a staycation in your city and enjoying Downtown and Pike Place Market. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The location couldn't be beat and the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and had everything I needed. Although my stay was short it was lovely. Nice view from the terrace upstairs. Only thing that could help would be a gym facility.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Loved the location - didn't get upgraded so we had street side view room instead of ocean but were still pleased with the room and turndown service. Loved being able to walk out to Pike place market and to a plethora of restaurants. You are also a few blocks away from shopping and monorail to go to space needle, experience music project and the glass museum.

The only issue I was not happy about was when we called the front desk to request a cab to pick us up at 6am the next morning to take us to the airport they said they would only call for a town car and don't do cab requests (town car runs about $10 more than a cab). This is something that is pretty standard even for a courtyard Marriott. We ended up calling ourselves but for $250+ a night you would expect this would be something they could do.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brittney E
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Guest:
I do apologize that transportation arrangements to the airport were not as you requested, if you could please be contact me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com I would like to learn a little more of what occured. There are several options of service to the airport from the hotel that we can set arrangments for. Thank you for visiting Seattle and for staying at the Inn at The Market.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with a great location. I stayed 2 nights for business travel. I arrived the first night from the East Coast after midnight. Check in was quick and rather than make me wait for valet parking, the front desk took my keys so I could get to my room. My flight out was at 6 am and the valet knew I had to leave at 4 so had my car waiting for me. I got off the elevator, he took my bag, suggested I get some coffee and went and warmed up my car. Great, friendly service. Beds are very comfortable. Rooms are large.

My only small complaint was my room was close to something that sounded like a dishwasher running which was a bit annoying. However I never said anything so it's probably a little unfair to note it here. Am sure they would have moved me had I asked but it was such a quick trip I didn't think it was worth the effort.

Oh and the apples at the front desk are amazing.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business