“Great little hotel in a perfect location”
Review of Inn at the Market

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed for business 3 nights. As a jet lagged east coaster, i enjoyed the complimentary coffee and wifi each morning by the fireplace in the lobby. Very nice. Had a steak from room service one night, it was excellent. Room is large and very nice, with a nice big bathroom too. Room is furnished well and the bed is super comfortable, especially the duvet and pillow cases. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and they even arranged for a town car to and from the airport which was billed to my room. Very convenient service. The concierge also provided coupons to local attractions. Good restaurants and shopping in walking distance of the property, and of course the Market--a must see in Seattle. The umbrella in my room was a very nice touch. A great value in Seattle, I will stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest:
I am pleased to read you enjoyed your visit to Seattle and Pike Place Market, our location does put you in the middle of it all. For readers of tripadvisor there are several options to get to our hotel. 1. If you do not have much luggage the light rail system is a great option, get off at Westlake Station we are only a few blocks from the stop, takes about 40 mins. 2. Taxis are available across the way from baggage claim and average about $40.00. 3. Our Front Desk team can arrange a town car service for pick up as well.
Thank you and we look forward to having you return in the near future.
David Watkins

Write a ReviewReviews (2,743)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were upgraded to a 2 x level suite, which was very much appreciated. The views were great, and the friendly service made our stay all that more pleasurable. The location close to the markets is fantastic, and also close proximity to some very good restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed there after a cruise to Alaska. It was only 2 nights, but I wished that we could have stayed longer. The room was beautiful with a lovely view. I liked their robes so much that after returning home, I emailed the manager to say that I wanted to purchase a robe. He sent one to me------free of charge and thanked me for coming to his hotel! WOW, you can't beat that.

Room Tip: We had a lovely corner roon.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beverly O
dwatkinsgm, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing this story and please let me know when you are ready to come back.
David

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Inn at the Market is a great find. Attractive lobby. Stylish rooms. Clean as a whistle. Great bedding. Sweeping waterfront views. Free Wifi. Quiet, functional heating. Good service. Best of all is the location, adjacent to the Pike Place Market. The Inn at the Market is a small, sleek, non-chain gem of a hotel which offers great value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Alice M
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your great comments and for sharing them with the readers of tripadvisor.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is a delight. The location is great since Pike Market is right out your door. Our room was exactly as described on the hotel website with amazing views of Puget Sound. The bed was comfortable with the softest sheets I have experienced in a hotel. The bathroom was beautifully appointed. Overall, a great place for a romantic getaway or family weekend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dnadiva100
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was such a pleasant surprise. I stayed here for my birthday and we ended up with a beautiful room with a huge balcony shared with only one other person. The desk must have known it was my birthday because there was champagne in the room. The bed and bedding were superb, even the fold out was comfy. The view looking out over the market and bay couldn't have been more gorgeous. We ventured out into the market for croissants and coffee then brought it back to enjoy our fabulous room and view.

Room Tip: Get a room at a higher level for a better view of the market and water
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for selecting the Inn at The Market to celebrate your birthday, we do like to recognize special moments. We look forward to you returning in the near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I knew I was going to love this place as soon as I arrived to the hotel. As I pulled up to the front of the hotel, I saw Pike Place Market was just across the street; can we say convenient? The front desk clerk was helping another guest. It was late in the night and the clerk stopped for a moment and asks me to relax for just a minute and she'll be right with me; and I did wait just a few minutes, and the clerk helped me. She was so friendly and gave me an upgrade to a very nice water view room. She also showed me on a map where the places I wanted to go in the morning. Check in was very easy and quick.
When I got to my room there was a fruit basket (gift from my sisters) placed on a table right by the huge bay view window. I liked where the hotel placed it; the only problem was when I went to turn on the light to take a picture of it, the bulb right above the basket was burned out. So, I called the front desk and they sent the bell man up (maintenance was gone I think because it was late) he promptly replaced it in seconds and I was off taking pictures of it.
The room was so luxurious from the plush robe hanging in the closet to the most comfortable bed with the nicest linens I ever slept on, oh I was in heaven. When I woke up from such a nice sleep, I enjoyed the gourmet coffee from the in room coffee maker.

In the morning I called the front desk requesting a taxi; when I got down to the lobby the front desk person told me the cab was in front. Good thing because Seattle's weather is cold and rainy the hotel does offer car service but I didn’t use it for my short excursions around town.

There is a rooftop lounge that was visited by me a few times during my two night stay. It’s just a nice place to watch people strolling around Pike Market and an awesome view of the water.

Check out was an envelope with my charges placed under my door, how simple is that?

I will definitely will come back, the hotel is conveniently a few blocks away from the Symphony, The Triple Door (Live Music venue), Shopping, the Monorail, a thousand Starbuck cafes and the biggest plus its less than 50 feet from Pike Market. Before I booked my stay I looked for a hotel close to Pike Market and The Inn At The Market was the closest of any hotel in Seattle.
Of course I will stay again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo