“Worth the money” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Woodinville, Washington, United States
“Worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I visit the Inn every year for our anniversary. On our weddding weekend, they upgrade us to the townhouse suite. We had champagne and strawberries awaiting us, it was fantastic. The view from our room was breathtaking.
This last weekend we went back, and once again were upgraded to the same exact room we had that wedding weekend.
We had the best time. The staff had wine for us, and we took snacks out on the rooftop and watched the sun go down.
This hotel is worth the money, the views are breathtaking, and the staff is helpful.
We leave there feeling very rested, and happy. Thank you!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for returning to stay with us,I am pleased to read you enjoyed your visit.
David Watkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (933)
  • Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed one night here before picking up our cruise to Alaska. Having read all the reviews I was very much looking forward to checking this place out.

Being a sucker for water views I always try to get a water view room if it’s in my budget. This time I splurged, even though I wasn’t wanting to spend quite that much. I’m glad I did.

Location: Could not ask for a better location if you want to be near it all and able to simply walk out of your hotel and enjoy downtown Seattle. Pike Street market, Post Alley and the waterfront are all right within walking distance.

Check-in/Staff: The staff was polite and helpful. As soon as we pulled up the bellman helped to load our luggage on a cart and escorted us to the entrance. We arrived at 1:00 so I didn’t expect a room to be ready, and it was not. They completed our check in and told us they would call when the room was ready. We decided to check our luggage with the bellman. I first pulled out some warmer clothes and changed in the ladies room. They gave us directions to the waterfront so I could get my much anticipated Ivar’s fish and chowder. We walked around for a while and then wandered back to the hotel. Our room was ready when we got there. We were given our keys and the bellman quickly loaded up our luggage and brought it to us.

The room was comfortable and clean. We were greeted with a piece of some sort of dessert and a note wishing us well on our anniversary. The view of the market and waterfront was wonderful. The roof top deck looked very nice as well, although we didn’t use it. The bed was comfortable. I have a problem with feathers so when I called they quickly brought me some non-feather pillows for the bed. My only gripe about the room itself would be the pedestal sink in the bathroom. It really didn't give a lady much space to work when applying make-up, etc.

Great night of sleep. Never heard any noise from the street or market below or from any other guests.

We ordered room service for breakfast. This is probably my only complaint. Apparently they messed up my husbands order (an omelets) and had to remake it. Mean while my breakfast (French toast) got cold. By the time our food arrived, mine was so cold the butter wouldn’t even melt. My mocha was good though.

Check out was smooth and easy. We called to have the bellman come up and get our luggage which he did on time and off we went.

I would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone not worried about budget that wants to be near the action of downtown and the waterfront. Giving it 4 stars only because of the room service issue. I didn't complain but think they should have realized that the one meal would be ruined while they remade the other.

Room Tip: Waterfront room provides a wonderful view.
1 Thank MrsCombs
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with the readers of Tripadvisor. I do apologize for the shortfalls with your room service breakfast. I am in the process of reviewing this with the operator of Bacco. When you do plan on returning please contact me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com and I will assist with your reservations and ensure you are well taken care of.
Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Inn at the Market exceeded our already high expectations. The view from our suite was to die for. It was fabulous to be so close to the markets and in the midst of some great restaurants. We had a reunion with our daughter here, and the ability to share our suite with her, but still sleep in separate rooms, was ideal. The staff were consistently extremely helpful and friendly. Everything worked as it should. We would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: Although the rooms with views of the Puget Sound were more expensive, I consider it was worth it - t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel goes above and beyond in all they do. We loved the location which is right next to the Pike Place Market. The staff is something else. Everyone was friendly and upbeat and when we asked anything they had the answers.
I love the top deck where you can sit with a glass of whatever and watch the sun set over the water. It was wonderful.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the 4th floor inner couryard. It's a bit nosy and a lot of rooms face y...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natkayco1
Veneta, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with another couple to go to the Madonna concert. The hotel is right in front of the Pike Market sign as you are headed down the hill into the market. We got a city view room and our friends got a sea view room. The view of the bay was fantastic, right over their viewing deck out past pike. The courtyard area you walk into to get to the hotel makes the experience even better as you know you are in Seattle but there is this quietness in there that is fantastic. The food at their little restaurant was great. The rooms were very clean. I would absolutely stay there again..and plan on coming back really soon!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with the view of the bay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laceylala
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for visiting Pike Place Market and staying with us here at The Inn at The Market as part of your "Madona" experience. We are looking forward to decorating the courtyard the holiday season soon, it is a nice urban oasis amongst everything.
Holladay, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is very quaint, right on Pine street overlooking Pike Market, there are a pletora of dining choices in the immediate area, including three right in the hotel courtyard.

We stayed here twice and everything was outstanding from start to finish. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering a unique place to stay in Seattle

Room Tip: The 5th and sith floors have direct access to the roof deck which is nice.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I had a great little 'in town' getaway for our anniversary and stayed at the Inn. Even though we live in the area, we love to go to the Inn once in a while and savor our city. We stayed in the awesome Tower Suite, Room 701. There is a nice sitting area, bar, etc. downstairs, then a full bedroom upstairs.

As always, the staff was prompt, very friendly and welcoming. A wonderful bottle of champagne greeted us, along with a nice note wishing us a Happy Anniversary. Our room overlooked 1st Avenue, so it was a bit loud with downtown life until about midnight, then it was ok until about 9 or so. After that the city comes alive and everyone is headed to the Market.

It didn't bother us but it might if you are very sensitive to noise. So bring earplugs just in case.

In the late afternoon, grab a cocktail or bottle of wine and head upstairs to the sun deck. You will not be disappointed in the view - simply amazing. Everyone is there enjoying the scenery. Even though we are locals, having a view like this is something to savor.

I highly recommend this hotel if you want a little in-town getaway or if you are visiting Seattle, it will give you an amazing taste of our City and great service to boot. Enjoy!

Room Tip: If you can secure and afford a view room, do it - they are beautiful. City side rooms have city nois...