“Our 8th anniversary at The Inn At The Market in Seattle”
Review of Inn at the Market

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is very quaint, right on Pine street overlooking Pike Market, there are a pletora of dining choices in the immediate area, including three right in the hotel courtyard.

We stayed here twice and everything was outstanding from start to finish. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering a unique place to stay in Seattle

Room Tip: The 5th and sith floors have direct access to the roof deck which is nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,743)

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I had a great little 'in town' getaway for our anniversary and stayed at the Inn. Even though we live in the area, we love to go to the Inn once in a while and savor our city. We stayed in the awesome Tower Suite, Room 701. There is a nice sitting area, bar, etc. downstairs, then a full bedroom upstairs.

As always, the staff was prompt, very friendly and welcoming. A wonderful bottle of champagne greeted us, along with a nice note wishing us a Happy Anniversary. Our room overlooked 1st Avenue, so it was a bit loud with downtown life until about midnight, then it was ok until about 9 or so. After that the city comes alive and everyone is headed to the Market.

It didn't bother us but it might if you are very sensitive to noise. So bring earplugs just in case.

In the late afternoon, grab a cocktail or bottle of wine and head upstairs to the sun deck. You will not be disappointed in the view - simply amazing. Everyone is there enjoying the scenery. Even though we are locals, having a view like this is something to savor.

I highly recommend this hotel if you want a little in-town getaway or if you are visiting Seattle, it will give you an amazing taste of our City and great service to boot. Enjoy!

Room Tip: If you can secure and afford a view room, do it - they are beautiful. City side rooms have city nois...
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The staff was the best. This hotel is pricey but worth it if you want to spoil yourself! Quiet rooms. I hope to get a room with a water view next time. I wouldn't want to stay any where else if you want to be close to downtown & the market! Has a roof top patio which is wonderful!

Room Tip: Water view is expensive but worth it to me!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The location of IATM is perfect, offering spectacular views and access to sights. Unfortunately our room was very tired and unworthy of the price or reputation - especially the very old, small bathroom with burnt out light bulbs, sinks that didn't drain and awful water pressure in the shower. Really needs a renovation.
Service was excellent.
I'd advise avoiding the restaurants - you can do much better within a couple blocks.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank eh555
dwatkinsgm, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear Guest;
Thank you for taking a moment to share a bit about your recent visit to the Inn at The Market. I would welcome some further input from you in regards to room comfort as we are in the process of design and your points will be very helpful. We have 4 restaurants at the hotel, I would like to share some details of what you experienced with the owners so they can make adjustments. If you could please contact me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com. Thank you and I do apologize for the shortfalls.
Best
David Watkins

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I can't really add much to what others have said - location is perfect, rates competitive for the area, staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are great. The roof deck is AWESOME.

My only other comments are sort of off-topic: regarding the "accessible" room I had. (I don't need one, but it was the only one available when I made reservations). These rooms are probably designed according to some ADA standard and I doubt if the hotel itself has much control, but I found some things a little surprising. For one, the wheelchair-accessible sink had absolutely no place to put toiletries, water glass, etc. Do they think people in wheelchairs don't use makeup and other products? I ended up dragging the 20-lb. cast iron towel shelf over near the sink so I could have some space. Also, the wheel-in shower had a nice handheld included, but you had to switch it on with a lever that I (5'4") could just barely reach while standing. A person in a wheelchair wouldn't be able to use it at all. Just wondering who designs these spaces....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed here for one night and had a great experience. The staff was super friendly and the location was perfect. Just steps away from the market and waterfront. I forgot some of my hanging clothes and they made arrangements to send them to me. Very impressed.

1  Thank autrapper
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The location is everything, walking distance to all the interesting places. Clean, friendly and service was prompt. My only complaint, parking is over $30 a night.....a little steep! The morning stroll amidst the overnight mist with a coffee from the "original" Starbucks store is a must do in Seattle. Nice restaurants all around, a "Gem" !

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Guest:
Walking through the Market is magical, some great restaurnants and cafe's steps away from the hotel, I am so pleased you got to experience it at its best. I believe we have the lowest valet parking charges in the city when it comes to hotel parking which allows in out and out privalages for 24 hours, I do hear you as this extra charges do add up to your visit. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best