“What a disappointment!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #98 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Olympia, Washington
“What a disappointment!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

Water that went from cold to scalding throughout my fearful shower experience, a broken phone, and if it did work, absolutely no info on how to reach the front desk ( I had to call on my cell from the room!), poorly informed staff and an unresponsive manager, no AC and no clock anywhere in the room.

I would advise anyone to stay anywhere but at the Hotel Seattle!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
6 Thank thehavens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Czech first
NorCal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2009

Downtown was pretty full for Penny Arcade Expo, so we spent three nights here. Every facet of our experience was so comically bad I was waiting for the cameras. The bathroon vanity was falling apart. The bathroom crown moulding WAS mold. There was no water pressure in the morning! I mean, how is that possible? I kept my socks on whenever I was on the carpet. The "restaurant" in the basement took almost an hour to serve scrambled eggs and pancakes to us in an empty room. Why go on? If you can't find a room downtown for your trip, convention, what have you, you're better off staying at the airport or uptown and catching an express bus (or soon the Link light rail).

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
8 Thank IamTooch

Travelers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Tampa, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

The location was great but that's about it. The whole hotel basically looks like every piece of furniture and accessory were taken from a trash bin and placed at the Hotel. We even asked the Front desk person about why a Hotel that has the potential to be amazing (The old building alone is reason to want to preserve this place) and he seemed to care less - though in his defense I'm certain he gets that question a lot.
My partner and one of our friends are both 6'5" and the beds were so small that parts of their legs were hanging off the edge of the bed. Bathroom was incredibly small and slightly dirty. Again location was GREAT! It's a shame really...
Luckily we just needed the room for one night as our cruise left the next day. Thankfully.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
5 Thank ErinmarieX
Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

I thought for$130 a night, the room would have to be SOMEWHAT decent, it was TERRIBLE! My friends and I joked it looked as though a crime took place there!!! Stains on the walls, dirty bath tub, NO updates, bedspreads were dirty (didn't fit the bed) I literally felt sick to my stomach! But there were NO other available rooms in Seattle so we stayed there. I would never in a million years go back to that hotel, even if someone PAID ME!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
5 Thank aspenkmc
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2008

Hotel Seattle
where the sheets have 3 different colors of hair.
But that is ok
because they were clean on the second day.
The bathroom made my friend cringe.
She asked if I brought flip flops and sanitizer spray.
The dirty shag carpet didn't stop at the wall.
It crawled up at least another three inches.
I'd give it one star,
but I saw The Shining, and that was worse.

• Liked — location, but really, with a rental car, that's not so much of a plus unless you're lazy.
  • Disliked — it's not the year 1960 anymore.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
3 Thank expressoparking
Northern Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2008

We needed a place to stay in Seattle prior to catching an early morning Amtrak train to Portland. We looked around the train station but there is not much there. We were dropping our Hertz car off at the Hilton downtown and just wanted a place to spend the night. I called the Hotel Seattle based on it's location on tourist map near the Hilton. I didn't have access to internet to research any reviews, so did not see any until after our stay. The location is great, virtually next door to the high end hotels. It was half the price of the Hilton so we thought we would give it a try. When we checked in, I asked about a AAA discount, but the clerk's response was "What's that?". That was the first time I ever heard of a hotel desk clerk (in US) not knowing what AAA was. Our room could have been used for a low budget movie's version of a run down hotel, threadbare carpets, dingy curtains not quite hanging right, minimal lighting (a strange hanging light in the middle of the room), dingy bathroom. Although it was definitely dingy, it did not appear obviously dirty. No a/c but luckily we didn't need it. The bed was not particularly comfortable, a little on the boucy side and with two people you both definitely gravitated to the middle. There was no clock in the room, but we did get the wake up call we requested.

It was ok for spending the one night, I wouldn't want to spend more. On the positive side, it was a great safe location, quick taxi ride to train station, and the shower was great. They have not invested in low flow shower heads so the water pressure was really high. We also really enjoyed the conversation with the desk clerk the next morning. When I mentioned the clerk the previous night had never heard of AAA, he told us that clerk was a moron and that the owner must not have asked him anything but his name in the interview. He went on to say that we should check out the reviews on Trip Advisor, they were listed as one of the worst hotels in Seattle! You gotta love that type of enthusiastic employee!

All in all, it worked for us for one night. But our friend the day clerk did mention that we had one of the nicer rooms! (I definitely don't want to see the not so nice ones!) Recommend you ask to see room before committing.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 08NOVA
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2008

Hotel Seattle is right in the heart of downtown, and is perfect walking distance to anything. The room we stayed in was abominable. It smelled like a thrift store, the pillows and blankets were minute, the bathroom belonged to a truck stop. The tile in the floor was cracked, the vent sounded like a wind tunnel, there was mold in every crease and there was no liner to rank-smelling shower curtain. The staff was unfriendly. The cleaning staff's cart was parked infront of our room's door when we first arrived. The maid watched impassively as we put down our luggage and stuggled to move her cart without offering any assistance as we moved it aside to get into our room.

It was a bed for the night near to Seattle's attractions, but that was it.

• Liked — It's location
  • Disliked — The lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank teamfightingchicken