Hotel Seattle
$283
$248
$239
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Everything people say is true. The place absolutely needs refurbishment - our room was clean, but some things (like bathroom, sheets, floor) are so old there is no way to get all the stains out and make things look clean. Our room was spacious, had a fridge and a microwave (no utensils, cups, etc.). Wifi in the lobby only - no privacy, no table.
No breakfast, but there are many Sarbucks near by, and everything else is within a walking distance. Underground station just around the corner - easy to get to the airport.
I would not mind staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Danijela S
Reviewed September 29, 2013

worst dump I've every stayed at. it was cold and rainy in Seattle. the room had NO HEAT! Was told the first time I called to the front desk "Don't worry, it's on a timer, it'll come on later.", then 2 hours later (after huddling under the covers), "it might come on later, some rooms are colder than others." After another hour, personally went to the front desk and was told "Nothing I can do for you. I can give you another blanket, or check you out." this after full payment done (no reimbursement), or the offer of another room that 'might be colder than the one you're in'. It was stormy and cold and wet out, the heat NEVER came on once all night. we couldn't wait to get out of there this morning.

Room Tip: NEVER book this hotel at any price.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank PortMoodyKarenr
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Seattle for 3 nights before we took a cruise to Alaska.

The Hotel is centrally located in Downtown Seattle. We were therefore able to cover the sites in Downtown Seattle by walk.

The rooms are somewhat small and a bit worn. This is the price one must pay for a reasonably priced Hotel in Downtown Seattle - US$ 95 in mid-June!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank giridharmurthy
Reviewed September 27, 2013

You get what you pay for, and you cannot get a room this cheap anywhere near Seattle's downtown otherwise. If you are like me though, and enjoy the city and barely see your hotel room by the time you crash, all you need is a clean bed, and the Hotel Seattle delivers.

The hotel has only had moderate renovations over its 80 year history, and its age shows. I stayed here for two nights, the second night, one of the power strips in my room went out. I just pushed the TV to the other side of the room, plugged it in and was able to get a good night's sleep. At home, I live in a house built in 1871, so I was probably more at home than others might be. There is a starbucks right at the base of the hotel, so if you are still stuck on Eastern time like I was, you don't have to wander far to kill time in the morning. Though Pike's Market is only a few blocks away, so was the yummy Purple Wine Bar and Cafe.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Troubbble X
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Arrived after my partner and I had booked the room two days before and was told "I dont have a room for you" by Richard at front desk followed by "it won't do you any good" to ask the manager (Joel) for compensation for your hour long journey to the hotel to find out there's no room. Not one apology or even an apologetic tone to Richards voice. I understand mistakes happen but to be delt with in such a rude and dismissive manner made me very angry. Also Hotel lobby looked like a backpackers and was dirty and shabby. Would rather spend the night in the alley behind the hotel with the beggars that seem to frequent the area. Terrible.

• Stayed: September 2013