“Flop House”

Ranked #98 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Albany, Oregon, United States
“Flop House”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We arrived to a dark dingy room with no air conditioning system, temp at 90+ degrees. Dried toilet paper stuck to lid of toilet. General condition of room was basic shabby with no upgrades in the last decade or so.
We asked about air and they have none.
We asked about parking, NONE.
Closest parking was #37.50 a day.
We had expected basic items like air conditioning when we reserved, so cancelled our stay. They charged us for the first night. That's not right.
What a dump.

Room Tip: Book some where else. Even in the winter months, the old steam radiator heaters are likely usless.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Czech first
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I reserved my stay months in advance, for august 17th, the gentlemen I called to reserve my stay was helpful and nice, I gave him my debit card number to assure my stay and gave me a reservation number. I told him I would be paying cash when I came in on the 17th, and he ok'd that with me.
So it came as a huge dissapointment when I arrived, I signed in and was all ready and the deskwoman swiped my card(I said I was paying cash) and told me my card was declined. I told her I had no money in my account so she grabbed her manager, who was sooo rude. Over the top, raising his voice. Told me I could not pay cash, and raised the price of the room. And said I had to pay a 50 dollar cash deposit. I spent 200 on a dirty room where there was mold and the ceiling was falling in a little with very poor guest service. I will NEVER GO BACK! Do not stay here.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank samanthalalicker1

Travelers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Honesdale, pa
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Lower your standards, lower them again-----then book this hotel, and be disappointed. The location was good, the price was the lowest we could find (we were only staying for one night). This hotel gives meaning to the word "seedy." There was a band playing in the basement bar--we were thinking of checking them out, but really didn't need too. The elevator provided enough basement acoustics that you felt like you were there---even on floor 8. This hotel is "retro", but not in a cool way. The windows that open, lack charm but if you are contemplating suicide, a quick stay at this hotel might just push you over the edge. The staff was helpful in lending us a hair dryer, once pried away from his smoking post out front. Enough said.

Room Tip: There is a hostel down the street.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank matt b
Tupelo, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Seattle in 2011 while I was in town for PAX Prime. The room my friend and I stayed in was smallish, but clean enough, it seemed. It didn't appear to have been updated in a few decades either. Our biggest complaint was the lack of air conditioning, or even a fan. We kept the window open at night which helped a little, but we were there in the middle of a sunshine-y, rain-free 4 day weekend. Barely even any cloud cover! Needless to say the room was warm, even at night. The water pressure was good, and it stayed hot. WiFi? Nope, only in the lobby. Nice flat screen? Nope, 25 inch tube. Mini-fridge? Negative. Microwave? I'll let you answer that one for yourself.

Regardless, I didn't hate the hotel because of these things. I was there to experience Seattle so I did. We only came back to the room when it was time to retire to our little twin-size beds and maybe have a couple of beers before sleeping. If you're looking for a hotel with the most basic amenities at a decent price (I think we paid around 90 bucks a night?) that's within walking distance of most things you'd wanna see, Hotel Seattle may be right for you. Just don't come in expecting the Waldorf.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jackson R
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Very basic but clean room. There is no air conditioning so the window had to be open to cool of the room. Fortunately the room was not on the main street. The location is perfect for downtown Seattle. All attractions are within a few blocks. The monorail is 3 blocks. The staff are helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back, away from the main street. If you have a car there is no hotel parking.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jovan_10
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have not been in a homeless shelter, but I think this one should be turned into one, because it would be the last resort for shelter if I had no place to stay a night.

It was so bad, we had to check into a different hotel, we couldn't last a night in it.

Don't make the same mistake we made.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gayan P
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The hotel where I had been booked didn't have my reservation on file, so at 12:30am I was looking for a place to stay in Seattle - on a Saturday night in July. Half an hour and many phone calls later I found a room here. As soon as I arrived I spent another 20 minutes calling more hotels, but no luck, so I stayed. The hallway smelled of urine, the room smelled of stale booze. The carpet and easy chair were very stained. The bathroom looked like it belonged in a tenement. There was no hair dryer, no alarm clock, and no iron. And for the pleasure of not having to sleep in my car I paid $105. On the up side, the sheets were clean and the shower had decent water pressure and lots of scalding hot water. So keep this hotel in mind if you're ever stuck in Seattle with no hotel room on a weekend. They'll have a room.

Room Tip: no pool and no room service
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business