“Front desk need to lift their game”
Review of Warwick Seattle

Warwick Seattle
Ranked #44 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Melbourne, Australia
“Front desk need to lift their game”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed for a few days recently and the beds, bathroom etc were really good. No complaints about them at all. Housekeeping were excellent also.

The front desk were another thing. Anyone could have come and gone in the hotel and they wouldn't have noticed. Most places that you stay and you walk past reception to the elevators, you are greeted by the staff. Not once did any of them lift their heads to even acknowledge that we were passing. They weren't attending to anyone, just looking down all the time.

The hotel is on a busy corner and the traffic noise is quite loud. I did ask for a high room in an email but was told it would depend on what was available on the day. Needless to say we weren't up very high.

You can walk anywhere from the hotel, it is quite centrally located.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you so much for providing your feedback via Trip Advisor and for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. I was delighted to read that, overall, you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please know that I did take note of your concerns mentioned with regards to the Front Reception team. I was surprised by your experience and will definitely be sharing it with the department manager and personnel involved. Thank you for providing your review and giving me the opportunity to remind the team not to get to engrossed in any of their computer work and as a result unintentionally neglect the biggest reason we are all here – our guests. Please accept my personal apologies that your experience left you feeling this way. I assure you that our guests are our number one priority and that everyone on the Front Reception team sincerely feels the same way.

Once more, thank you for your review and for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. Please come see us again the next time you cross the pond over to Seattle! Safe travels.

Warwick Seattle Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Korean first
Panama
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great location. You can walk to both the Space Needle area and to the Pike Place Area. You can even walk to the stadiums (Baseball and Football). There is a Deli crossing the street, so you can buy whatever you need for light breakfasts, light dinners, drinks, etc. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel. You can walk to the shopping areas of 3rd and 2nd street, you are just there in the middle. Rooms are great. We got a king size bed room with a view directly to Space Needle. Bed was confortable, pillows were delicious. Everything was clean. We left the safe deposit box opened one day with money and values inside. Nothing was lost when we came back. The room had a little balcony so we took a lot of pictures from the Space Needle (day, night) I selected this hotel because of the reviews and the price.They offered free wifi so that was also a plus. I did not rent a car, so I really needed a well located hotel. I am happy I made a good decision. Unfortunately we did not used the pool but i walked by and it had a cozy jacuzzi. Highly recommmended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review. We are glad you chose to stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel and that you were happy with your experience here. Please come see us again if your travels bring you back to Seattle.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at the Warwick recently when going up to see a couple Seattle Mariner baseball games...The bed was very comfortable, location great, the staff helpful and pleasant, and the margaritas at the bar were outstanding!...Will definitely stay at the Warwick on our next visit to Seattle!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Denise B
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing Warwick Seattle Hotel as your choice of stay, it appears you enjoyed your time in Seattle.

Your feedback is very important to us and it is pleasing to read that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the Margaritas at the bar in Margaux.

We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you in the near future.

Warm wishes,
Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed at the Warwick last weekend for a couple of nights. Had read that the front desk staff were fantastic. Wish I could say the same. Felt rushed during check-in and not as welcomed as I was expecting to feel. However, Elizabeth at the front desk was very helpful when my nephew and I needed information on local transportation, etc. Room was comfortable and clean. Bathtub could have used some cleaning as there was hair from the last guests who used it. That was a little icky. Location is fantastic; walking distance to the Space Needle and surround, to downtown shopping area, to Pike Place Market, and other areas. We walked just about everywhere. From the Clipper it was only a $7 cab ride. Based on reviews read I requested a view of the Space Needle and the hotel honoured the request. Ended up ordering room service one night at around 11:30pm and it was truly very disappointing.

Room Tip: Request room on higher floors and with a view of the Space Needle.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review via Trip Advisor. I wanted to respond to let you know that I have read your comments and will be reaching out to the appropriate departments and personnel to ensure they read and learn from them too. In addition, I did note your compliments toward Elizabeth, one of our Guest Service Supervisors at the Reception Desk, and will recognize her for a job well done. If you can think of anything else you would like to share with me, please do not hesitate to call or email me at the hotel. I always welcome feedback from a valued guest.

Thank you again for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. Please come again.

Warm regards,

Adelaide
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel was clean and spacious. We had 2 queen size beds and the were very comfortable. We had a good view of the Space Needle from our room. We were there 1 night post cruise and there seemed to be a party going on in some of the other rooms which was annoying, as we had an early flight out the next morning. We didn't bother to complain as I said, it was only for 1 night. It was my birthday on the day we checked in, I was wished a happy birthday by the front desk woman, and later in my room I received a lovely gift. They only annoying factor, was every bell hop, asked us if were ok for transport the next day to the airport. The hotel is located in good spot. Easy walking distance to most things.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for your review and for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. We always appreciate having the opportunity to hear from one of our valued guests. I was thrilled to read that we had the pleasure of hosting you the night of your birthday. Once more, thank you for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel, please come see us again soon!

Long Beach, California
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had a great experience at the Warwick. When we first arrived we were very early for check in, but they already had a room ready for us. We got the cheapest room and it still had a great view of the Space Needle. The room was a normal clean hotel room. The staff were very knowledgable and helped us find bus routes and attractions more than once. Great location as well - we took the metro from SeaTac into 5th street, then walked with our luggage to the hotel. They also will hold luggage for you after check out. Would definitely stay there again if I were to go back to Seattle.

Room Tip: Get a view of the Space Needle!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel. We appreciate your positive comments, especially that you found our staff to be knowledgeable and helpful. I hope that you were able to navigate around Seattle with ease.

It is always a pleasure to hear back from our satisfied guests and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will come again. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Thank you once more.

Kind regards,
Xenia, Ohio
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Attended meeting in Seattle, stayed at the Warwick Hotel. The rooms are spacious and comfortable (lots of pillows on the bed), the bathroom is not cramped (plentiful and absorbent bath towels). The hotel is nearby to many good restaurants, but also has quite a good restaurant of its own. The menu has a good variety of entrees (the salmon was excellent), and I found the waitstaff to be friendly and efficient. This is my 5th or 6th time staying at the Warwick, always for business. It's across the street from a nice grocery store which means I can buy a good salad and take it back to my room if I don't want to do room service. Nearby are plenty of high-end and boutique shopping opportunities.

Room Tip: If you're traveling solo or as a couple, ask for a room that does not have an adjoining room. T...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
It is always a pleasure to hear back from our satisfied guests and we thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel.

We appreciate your positive comments, especially that you enjoyed the Salmon in Margaux and our restaurant staff was friendly and efficient. I will be sure to pass on your comments and ensure that they are appropriately recognized for their efforts.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again when you next have a meeting in Seattle, or just for visiting.

Kindest regards,