“Very nice hotel”
Review of Warwick Seattle

Warwick Seattle
Ranked #45 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My two adult daughters and I recently stayed at the Warwick Seattle Hotel. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were very nice - beds were comfy. The hotel was within walking distance of Pike's Market, the light rail train station, and lots of places to shop. We had a great time and I would stay again if we ever get back to Seattle.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor, it is gratifying to read that you all enjoyed your time in Seattle.

We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and our rooms to be comfortable also. If you visit Seattle again, we will be more than happy to welcome you back.

Best wishes,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,963)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The front desk is really great. The hotel has an excelent location, very clean and nice place to stay. We really enojoyed 4 days in the Warwick. We will go again for sure. The rooms are very clean. Across the street there is a small store where you can get anything you need during the trip. Everything is walking distance: Shopes, Space Needle, Aquarim. My daughter (6 years old) had a great time both in the Hotel and in downtown Seattle.

The Front desk are really nice and trying to help all the time.

Only issue in this hotel, but it is the same at others, parking is $30.00 per night.

Room Tip: The rooms with view to the Space Needle are great!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience as we are always pleased to receive feedback from our valued guests.

It is pleasing to read that you all had a wonderful time and went to some of Seattle’s many attractions, also that your 6 year old daughter enjoyed the whole experience.

Thank you again for your positive comments, we look forward to your return in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Although we had informed the hotel we would not be there for our first booked night due to a flight cancellation, when we arrived on the second night, the hotel told us they had no availability - they had given our room away even though we had already paid them in full in advance and had our voucher to prove it.

They admitted they were having problems with their Central Reservation who it appears had not recorded our call. Nevertheless, our booking was a confirmed, not provisional one, yet they refused point blank to solve the problem that, very late in the night when we arrived, we had no accommodation due very clearly to their fault.

We were told there was no one senior in the hotel for us to talk to, then after 2 hours of wrangling, when I had continued to insist on speaking to someone senior, the manager emerged from the back room - he had been there the whole time.

In a curt and rude manner, he refused to discuss the situation and called the police. 3 police cars arrived - one of the police officers told us the manager had reported that we were dangerous suspects disturbing the peace and likely to be armed.

They forced us to leave the hotel, pay upfront for accommodation that night at another hotel and we had to claim against the hotel upon our return through the travel agency, which took weeks to sort out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank Lotli
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for providing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

At Warwick Seattle Hotel we are a guest focused, service first hotel. Although I cannot agree with the experience you are portraying to other valued potential guests as being accurate, I also will not try to dispute your views in this setting. Your privacy and the details of this circumstance should remain private and not shared in a public forum. The respect we have for each of our guests prevents me from speaking further on the matter.

I would like to take a moment to let you, and all other Trip Advisor readers, know that we consider guest service to be the biggest priority in our hotel. We do not consider ourselves to be merely a place for you to stay; rather we are a hospitality environment with a passion for meeting and exceeding your needs at every opportunity. We have a reputation for excellent service, which can be seen through many reviews on this and other websites. There has never been and will never be a time we do not honor our promises concerning room reservations. We would also never contact the authorities unless all other options were exhausted and we felt it was a necessary for the benefit of all of our other hotel guests. This would also only occur after repeated warnings as making a call of this nature is the last thing anyone wants to have happen.

At Warwick Seattle Hotel we consider it a privilege to serve our guests as their source of lodging while in Seattle. It is a trust extended by our guests that we never take for granted and are thankful for. Should you ever wish to stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel and experience the service this hotel is truly known for, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you again for your review.

Best regards,

Tim Bathke, CHA
Warwick Seattle Hotel

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The staff went out of their way to help with anything that I needed. The hotel & rooms are very clean, well appointed, etc... The location is very convenient-within walking distance of Pike Place Market, Seattle Underground, Chihuly Gardens, etc... And, the price was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend this hotel & will stay again. I rated sleep quality a bit lower, because it is a bit loud (as you're right downtown...)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for writing a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel, your feedback is very important to us.

We appreciate your positive comments especially that our staff went out their way for you and were able to help with whatever you needed. It is wonderful to also know that you found the location of our hotel convenient and you were able to visit some of Seattle’s many attractions.

I would like to apologize for the amount of street noise that you incurred during your stay, as you mentioned, we are located in downtown Seattle but we will be replacing all the windows in the 4th quarter of this year to block out more street noise for that quality night’s sleep that you deserve.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I didn't choose to stay here, but was told by my company to do so. Overall, the room and the facilities are fair for the price and the location. However, the staff and service on a numbef of occasions in just a two night stay were below my expectations.

The Room & Facilities
The premier rooms have view of the space needle, so that was nice. There is also a very small balcony in each room if you want to get some fresh air. However, the windows and doors allowed a lot of noise from the street and the hallway to come through, which would occasionally startle me at night and even when relaxing in the afternoon. The amentities within the room are all nice, including a modern TV with a good selection of channels, comfortable beds (though the pillows are a bit small and square shaped), and nice Gilcrest and Soames toiletries. The interent allowed you to choose a slower option vs. a faster one. I chose the slower one which was $11 instead of $18 and instantly regretted it, as even loading webpages felt dramatically slower than my cable modem at home. There was also some inconsistencies between photos on the website and reality.The lobby is decorated very nicely and a good waiting area. The fitness center is very small relative to the photographs (3 machines total) as well as the pool / hot tub combo. The restaurant feels very basic and while they have a good selection of items, it didn't feel as though there was a consistent decor given the plates and cups were all different colors.

Staff/Service
In general, everyone was polite and would greet you when they see you, but it felt like the element of service faltered after the initial interaction with staff members in a couple of circumstances.

1. When I ordered breakfast, I told my waitress that I was in a hurry and would just have oatmeal knowing that was fairly simple to bring out. Upon receiving my food fairly quickly, I asked for the check, but had to remind her again after 15 minutes of her passing by my table and never making eye contact with me.

2. Also, two or three staff members were openly complaining in the hallway outside the gym about how there were too many guests checking out on a Friday, which would make them work too hard.

3. However, what was most frustrating was when I was checking out, the concierge seemed very eager to help me get a taxi even though I had just seen a few outside. I figured he was just trying to get a tip, which I was willing to provide given the extra convenience. He insisted he would call one and it would take 5-10 minutes. I sat in the lobby though I felt I could have hailed one on the street more quickly, and when the driver arrived, it was a black car service and not a taxi. The driver starts asking me several questions about how often i've been to Seattle or if I know the area. I immediately ask him if he takes credit cards and would this be the flat rate of $40 that yellow taxis charge. He says that he requires cash only because credit cards cost him more and that the charge is $58 to the airport. The concierge never informed me of any of this, and I wasn't prepared to pay nearly 50% more for a ride to the airport as I saw yellow cabs pass by. I stated I needed to exit the car immediately and then the driver said he could take my credit card. Given that I was in such a rush, I agreed against my best judgment to just continue to the airport. En route, the driver kept asking me if I was ok and kept playing loud music. Once I arrived, the driver was courteous enough, but paying a total of $65 including tip vs. $48 felt wrong especially since there was no traffic and this is a higher base rate than a black car service to Manhattan from JFK. This final experience made me question what are the intentions of the staff and if they are really incentivized to treat hotel guests with the best intentions.

In conclusion, if you're looking to save money and aren't planning on using this more than a place to sleep and have a good location for siteseeing, I highly recommend this hotel. If you are looking for staff that will be professional and act in your best interest, I recommend you look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably best to avoid any street level noise, especially if you have a view of th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank upgrademe81

Thank you so much for your feedback through Trip Advisor, and for staying with Warwick Seattle Hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from a valued guest, and I greatly appreciate the time you took to write your review.

I was deeply concerned when I read your comments concerning service issues and the town car situation. The experience you had is unacceptable and should never occur. We have an agreement with a town car company to provide trips to the airport for $40, which is at or below the rates charged by a taxi driver in almost all cases. As Trip Advisor reviews are anonymous, I ask that you please contact me at the hotel so I can make this right for you. We only recommend the town car because it is a better service at the same or better price than a taxi. I also want you to know that I have opened an inquiry with the town car company to find out what occurred, and if you are able to let me know the day you traveled that would be greatly appreciated. I want to make this right for you, as what happened was the exact opposite of what we intended to take place.

I have also provided your feedback to team members about the other two service issues listed. I thank you for giving me another opportunity to further coach and develop my team, and to remind them of the basics through a real world example. It also enables me to help them understand better from a guest perspective how their conversations may be perceived, and remind them of what behavior is expected at Warwick Seattle Hotel. It is always disconcerting when we fail to meet expectations, but likewise I am also thankful for the opportunity you have provided us to continue to grow and better meet expectations moving forward.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another try when in Seattle next, and would love to discuss this possibility with you. I do not want for this poor experience to be your last experience with us. We are a hotel that deeply cares about pleasing our guests, and this was not evident during your stay. Please accept my apologies for the failures you endured.

I also wanted to take a moment to respond to the parts of your review that were not to your satisfaction concerning the room and facilities. I noted that you had concerns regarding the window walls located in the rooms. I am happy to report that we have been in the process of finalizing a new window wall to eliminate noise and other issues. We have selected a product we believe will meet or exceed our guest’s expectations and the windows for the entire building are currently in production. We are tentatively scheduled to begin full replacement of these in the latter half of 2013. As a definite date becomes available we will update our valued guests through our website and other forms of communication.

Concerning the internet speed and cost, I empathize with your concern. We recently upgraded to a fiber connection during the month of April, but since I am not sure what days you stayed I cannot say whether or not this was before or after your visit. Our bandwidth is now very high, but we do still have a bandwidth limiter in place on the $11 (tax inclusive) internet connection because if we did not and many people streamed at once it could potentially cause issue. That being said, you should never have slow loading web pages or anything of that nature regardless of the connection you are on here. I also wanted to inform you that our internet is complimentary for all reservations booked directly through the hotel or our official website. The internet received complimentary through these channels is also a higher bandwidth allowance than the $11 option. I hope this proves helpful information for future visits.

If time allows you, I would love for you to contact me concerning the inconsistencies between the photos on the website and the physical room. I ask for this because the photos on the website are physical pictures of our rooms, and not a mock up from another location, test room, etc… It is very important to us that our guests know exactly what they are receiving when they choose to stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel. We never wish to intentionally or unintentionally mislead. Your feedback on what you found to be different would be helpful for me to ensure it does not happen again.

Once more, I thank you for your review and for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. I sincerely hope to have an opportunity to provide your accommodations in the future, and I invite you to return. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance in the future.

Best regards,

Tim Bathke, CHA
Warwick Seattle Hotel

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel main entrance is on Lenora St and the parking is on 4th ave both streets are one ways only. The staff were pretty friendly when we arrived as was the parking attendant when we finally got there. Room was fairly large and clean. The hotel is located in an area close to most things. The place with the hotel is fairly pricey for food (30.00) for 2 pers for breakfast is steep in my books. Good food and supplies can be had across the street at the small grocery store, they have eat in or take out. We were there on a Friday and Saturday night (going to 5th ave theater Sat afternoon). We all know hotels can be noisy but on the Fri night our floor was bad, bunch of people in hall talking up a storm loudly and drinking (2200 - 2300 approx) then they came back around 0215 in the morning carrying on like normal and drunk. The hotel should have some watching for things like this when people return from were ever and then have security make rounds of all floors to make sure all is normal. If the hotel ever does major upgrades it should look into better windows to cut down on the noise from the street. Not a bad stay but will pick a place closer to the theater next time or stay further away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The hotel is located walking distance from almost anything that you would ever need. The people who work there are very courteous and eager to help. The rooms are very clean and quiet (if you get on the upper floors). All in all I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Seattle!!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor in regards to your recent stay, we appreciate you rating us so highly.

It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed the location and cleanliness of our hotel, and also the friendliness of our staff. They will certainly be recognized appropriately for their exceptional efforts during your stay.

Once again, thank you, and we hope that you will return again the future.

Kindest regards,