Let me start off by saying that I didn't choose to stay here, but was told by my company to do so. Overall, the room and the facilities are fair for the price and the location. However, the staff and service on a numbef of occasions in just a two night stay were below my expectations.
The Room & Facilities
The premier rooms have view of the space needle, so that was nice. There is also a very small balcony in each room if you want to get some fresh air. However, the windows and doors allowed a lot of noise from the street and the hallway to come through, which would occasionally startle me at night and even when relaxing in the afternoon. The amentities within the room are all nice, including a modern TV with a good selection of channels, comfortable beds (though the pillows are a bit small and square shaped), and nice Gilcrest and Soames toiletries. The interent allowed you to choose a slower option vs. a faster one. I chose the slower one which was $11 instead of $18 and instantly regretted it, as even loading webpages felt dramatically slower than my cable modem at home. There was also some inconsistencies between photos on the website and reality.The lobby is decorated very nicely and a good waiting area. The fitness center is very small relative to the photographs (3 machines total) as well as the pool / hot tub combo. The restaurant feels very basic and while they have a good selection of items, it didn't feel as though there was a consistent decor given the plates and cups were all different colors.
In general, everyone was polite and would greet you when they see you, but it felt like the element of service faltered after the initial interaction with staff members in a couple of circumstances.
1. When I ordered breakfast, I told my waitress that I was in a hurry and would just have oatmeal knowing that was fairly simple to bring out. Upon receiving my food fairly quickly, I asked for the check, but had to remind her again after 15 minutes of her passing by my table and never making eye contact with me.
2. Also, two or three staff members were openly complaining in the hallway outside the gym about how there were too many guests checking out on a Friday, which would make them work too hard.
3. However, what was most frustrating was when I was checking out, the concierge seemed very eager to help me get a taxi even though I had just seen a few outside. I figured he was just trying to get a tip, which I was willing to provide given the extra convenience. He insisted he would call one and it would take 5-10 minutes. I sat in the lobby though I felt I could have hailed one on the street more quickly, and when the driver arrived, it was a black car service and not a taxi. The driver starts asking me several questions about how often i've been to Seattle or if I know the area. I immediately ask him if he takes credit cards and would this be the flat rate of $40 that yellow taxis charge. He says that he requires cash only because credit cards cost him more and that the charge is $58 to the airport. The concierge never informed me of any of this, and I wasn't prepared to pay nearly 50% more for a ride to the airport as I saw yellow cabs pass by. I stated I needed to exit the car immediately and then the driver said he could take my credit card. Given that I was in such a rush, I agreed against my best judgment to just continue to the airport. En route, the driver kept asking me if I was ok and kept playing loud music. Once I arrived, the driver was courteous enough, but paying a total of $65 including tip vs. $48 felt wrong especially since there was no traffic and this is a higher base rate than a black car service to Manhattan from JFK. This final experience made me question what are the intentions of the staff and if they are really incentivized to treat hotel guests with the best intentions.
In conclusion, if you're looking to save money and aren't planning on using this more than a place to sleep and have a good location for siteseeing, I highly recommend this hotel. If you are looking for staff that will be professional and act in your best interest, I recommend you look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a city known for setting trends, Warwick Seattle is leading the way. Located in the upbeat Belltown district, just blocks from the Space Needle and the heart of downtown, the Warwick Seattle hotel blends the classic charm that's expected from the Warwick name with the contemporary styling of the Emerald City throughout. Boasting unique accommodations inspired by Seattle culture, staying at Warwick Seattle allows guests to truly experience Seattle while finding pleasant surprises along the way. With refreshing seaborne mists in the breeze, evergreen-covered hills lining the horizon and the heart of Seattle right at the doorstep - anything is possible. Welcome to Warwick Seattle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Cancelon and Jetsetter so you can book your Warwick Seattle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seattle Warwick Hotel
- Warwick Hotel Seattle