“Great Location & Price”
Review of Warwick Seattle

Warwick Seattle
Ranked #44 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed April 14, 2008

This was our second time staying at the Warwick, the first time we stayed here was a few years ago. Reading the other reviews, I definitely have to agree with alot of them, the hotel is starting to show its age.

The location is great, and with Ralph's Grocery Store right across the road, its so convenient! The service there is decent but wasn't memorable.

This time we were on the 7th floor and it was so noisy. We were woken up a few times during the nights by so many loud sirens and outside noise. I know this is downtown Seattle, but I never experience it this bad when staying at the Warwick on a higher floor and when staying at Mayflower Park a few blocks down.

The room was average, could use renovation. The water pressure in the shower was terrible! Perhaps it was just the floor?

I love the restaurant they have there, its such a great place to have breakfast! Excellent service!

I would stay here again despite of the noise and the rooms showing their age... but I think next time I'll try another place.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,975)

Reviewed March 26, 2008

Stayed a night at the Warwick over March Easter weekend. Looked through the reviews here and prices of places on expedia previous to travelling from Vancouver and this place looked to be the best value, and it was. We got an even better rate with our Automobile Association membership (AAA or CAA). It was $132/night including all taxes - about a $20 saving over their already reasonable rate (IMO). Parking is an additional $27 but they didn't charge us for this. Basically we were looking for an upgrade to a motel and wanted an indoor pool and hot tub, and wanted to be in the heart of the city. This was it, with pros and cons. We could have stayed at a Quality Inn (1/1/2 stars) for $80/night, or The Sheraton (4 stars) for $210/night. Wasn't drawn to either for reasons of amenities and price respectively.

Overall, the biggest pro is what you get more than you pay for IMO: Service well beyond a motel; nice indoor pool and hot tub (you'll find few of these in downtown Seattle), work-out room, newspaper at your door in the morning and invoice slipped under your door on the day you check out, friendly staff, easy early check-in upon our request, a very nice bar - we popped in for a martini - and restaurant which looked nicely run with French flair. Bathrooms are granite and quite clean, although a tad worn. Our room had a great view of the Space Needle.

One outstanding feature is the proximity to everything, and this is what we wanted. We walked to everywhere over the 2 days we were downtown. EMP - which was outstanding - is within "Seattle Centre" as is the Science Centre and the Space Needle. The Science Centre is a must for those with kids; much bigger than Vancouver's Science World with more to do. We also walked to Pike Place Market, and to several restaurants and downtown stores close by. Also, about 3 blocks away from the Warwick is a great jazz bar called "Tula's" and the area of town (Belltown) has got great character while still being downtown and extremely convenient. Downtown stores were also an easy walk. We walked to Seattle centre, spent the day, then took the monorail (3 minutes ride) to downtown, then walked back to the hotel. A great day.

Cons: Only two, but one worth noting for sure. Our room was on the 6th floor of about 25 floors(?) but much too noisy through the night. Not constant traffic, but intermittent busses made things tough. Our kids had no problem sleeping, but I awoke at 4:30 AM and checked our our window to see if it was open, which it wasn't. Next time, I will request a room much higher up which the check-out clerk said was the way to go. One other con was the beds were too small for me (with my wife). Maybe they were doubles(?); fine for the two small kids to sleep together, but we'd like at least a queen, which we are used to. Again, I'll request this next time.

Tour tips: Forget the Space Needle. $50 for the family and while the view is awesome, you're up there for about 20-30 minutes unless you stay for a refreshment. Not worth it unless you're dying to see the lay of the land on a very nice day and have $50 burning a hole in your pocket.

EMP- Same price as the Needle, but it was 4 hours of great stuff to do. Hands on music experience, as well as a science fiction hall of fame attached. Fabulous for kids or those who are into this. We thought our kids might get bored. They didn't and since we went after 3:30 (it closes at 5) they stamped our tickets to return the next day, which we did. Can't say enough about it.

Science Centre: Again, great value and if you're from Vancouver and have a Science World membership, you get in free. But even if you pay the $30 or so for the family, there's lots to see with a great dinosaur exhibit, butterfly room and plenty more.

Restaurants: Of course lots in the area, and we loved the Thai food places.

Parking; Hotel parking is $27/day and is actually a pretty good deal for central downtown. That gets you parking for your stay and until 5 PM the day you check-out. Very convenient and we didn't bother hunting for a cheaper deal - what would we get elsewhere - $20/day - so why bother? Besides, they forgot to charge us for the parking upon check-in - we didn't notice until check-out and they just said "It's on us" when we checked out. Very nice.

Overall, a very positive experience and we love Seattle. We're happy that we didn't pay the extra for the Sheraton, or go to the Quality Inn for not a lot less. We'd go back to the Warwick with a definite note to advise the staff upon reservation that we are "sensitive" to street noise, and to place us accordingly - upper floor - which I'm sure they will do.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Lansaw
Reviewed March 13, 2008

Pretty comfortable hotel. reasonable positioned so you could walk to most things you wanted to do in Seattle. Didn't dine in the hotel so can't comment but a colleague said the $10 breakfast was sensational value. Staff were helpful and friendly. Free internet access in the business centre which was useful. But as usual wireless access from the room was overpriced.
I wouldn't have any hesitation at staying here again

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PRAdam
Reviewed March 5, 2008

I am glad I got a discount. The room was clean, but nothing special. In fact the bathroom showed a bit of wear. The size and amenities were no different from a good Best Western. Just as noisy too. Maybe that is why there is a discount.

The service was average.

However, there is a good advantage to this hotel if you have a car. You can park your car yourself and save money doing without valet service. If you approach from Lenora St, however, you have to make two lefts to get to the garage which is to the left of the lobby.

The location is great for Belltown, the Federal Courthouse and the town's retail core.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2008

Stayed at the Warwick for a weeklong conference - the room was on a lower floor with a view of a parking lot (and my rate was at least $140-160) - the draftiest room I ever stayed in! A nightly wind across the floor...

The neighborhood is perfect - close to everything. Room was clean and the appliances worked. I stuffed the bedspread against the window at night, to lessen the draft. Disappointed that my room rate could not include something nicer, or any view at all, but the city was booked for the conference. (FIX those windows!). Oh, and all I heard all the time was the elevator going up and down... so I didn't have a 'luxury' experience in my estimation.

The biggest issue I had was that a housekeeper opened the room, and left the deadbolt in the state that it held the door open. I was staying in a single, came back from my conference, and my ROOM WAS OPEN. Spooked me - I called down after cautiously entering. The manager didn't see fit to come up - just called me back later, asking me if anything was missing. Lucky me, I had forgotten to close the safe, but everything including valuables was still in place. I think the manager could have managed to make an appearance in an instance like this, and I have had experiences in other hotels which were less dramatic, where a manager made an appearance to explain the problem.

The restaurant is not good - even breakfasts were hit-or-miss (how do you screw up breakfast?) On the other hand, there are wonderful eateries in the neighborhood - try another venue. The staff in the restaurant were the nicest on staff, though! Oh, and the prices for breakfast in Seattle are shocking - not sure why. On the east coast you can eat like a king for $15 at breakfast - here, I didn't escape for under $22 and didn't necessarily feel full.

I was offered a discount on my next stay, after I wrote the chain. But... I cannot imagine a repeat visit to that hotel. If I return to Seattle, I'll be looking for accommodations elsewhere. There are some fabulous hotels (my friends were in them, and some paid no more than I).

Seattle's nice people and fun atmosphere were great - if that and a place to sleep are what you're looking for, this could be the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank lalouisianne
Reviewed February 19, 2008

We stayed 2 nights with a toddler. The room was fine and quite nice for a 3 star hotel. The location is nice and you can walk anywhere in the shopping area of downtown Seattle, including the market. Across the street was a grocery/deli store that was open late and you could grab food or a coffee. We would stay again.

Th only negative were the staff. When we checked in (which was late at night after traveling with a toddler), they gave us a room that was not cleaned. Then we switched rooms and then they gave that room to someone else. When we checked out and caught a taxi early in the morning, no one helped us or even opened a door. There were tons of staff in the lobby (no other clients) and we had a toddler, stroller and LOTS of luggage. The doors are not automatic, so imagine us trying to get out and organized! Not one person even said hello. The lobby is small and they could not have missed us. That was very disappointing.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Worldwanderlust
Reviewed February 10, 2008

I stayed at the Warwick while on a business trip to Seattle. It's located in the downtown area and is very close to shopping, restaurants, Seattle Center etc.

I took the Gray Line Airporter shuttle to the hotel from the airport. The Airporter runs every 30 minutes between 5am and 11pm for only $10.25 or $17 round trip. It was quick and the drivers were very friendly, I'd definately recommend this service.

When I arrived at the hotel the front desk staff was very welcoming. I received a room with a King bed on the 16th floor with a beautiful view. The room had a standard mini bar & fridge, a small coffee machine and a comfy robe. I was relieved that they had room service and enjoyed a grilled sandwich and a glass of wine in my room after a long flight.

This hotel is one of the few in Seattle to have a pool. The gym is nicely equipped and the business center is open 24 hours a day. Other amenities include turn down service and a daily newspaper. The restaurant served a delicous breakfast, and the bar was a nice quiet place for drink in the evening.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business