“Needs major training for employees.... Rooms are OK but huge construction going on next door.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warwick Seattle

Warwick Seattle
Ranked #44 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Manhattan Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is bad. The rooms are remodeled but still old bones. The location is great but there are other hotels in the area. When trying to get my bags from the bell stand storage the guy stood there checking hurricane sandy instead of helping those of us in line. One barefoot woman didn't even cause him to sense the urgency in the line. When my husband walked over with him to get the bag he told him, "there are so many in there so grab which one is yours because I can't tell.". We gave him te stub with the matching numbers on our bag?? Made me realize anybody could have walked out with my bag. Then as I have the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, the guy doing mini bar check felt it didn't apply to him? Pretty hard to run a conference call when it sounds like the police are knocking your door down. Unprofessional and not equipped to handle those traveling for business. Will never stay again, if the Andre or the westin are close in price stay there, you will have a much better experience. This is an upgraded Motel 6.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments and for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. I am very disappointed at the experience you had while with us. For you to receive poor service is abnormal and completely unacceptable. I wish I had an opportunity to resolve this for you before you left.

I would like to thank you for your candor about the problems experienced during your stay. I have passed along your concerns to the managers involved for review and follow up with their respective team members.

I would still welcome an opportunity to speak with you should you desire. I am available and at your service.

Best,

Warwick Seattle Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Korean first
Barcelona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was my second time and the Warwick and I'm very happy that I made the choice again. I went to Seattle for a conference and from the hotel I could walk everywhere, very close to the sea front, the Pike Market, shops, etc.
The relation price & quality was also perfect. I paid $99 per room + taxes (there are city taxes, too, btw) for a double room with internet access included. The room was very nice and cosy.
The only issue, I thought, was that the internet connection was slow and this made working from the room a bit difficult. I do not know why this was but a lot of my colleagues commented on the same thing.
The restaurant, Margaux, offers a good selection for breakfast and dinner. Not spectacular but varied. I recommend the Buttermilk Pancakes and Eggs Benedict for breakfast and the Northen Salmon for dinner. Big portions for Europeans!
The personnel were efficient, not overly nice, but good!

Room Tip: Top rooms have a nice view of the city/sea
1 Thank Pandela
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel for a second occasion; we appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience as we are always pleased to receive feedback from our valued guests.

We are so glad that you rated our hotel highly, and are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for commenting on the selection for breakfast and dinner in Margaux, I hope you enjoyed what you had and will return again in the future.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards.
Juneau, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We have not stayed at the Warwick in 3-4 years. We remember it being a really nice hotel. We did a bid on Priceline for a 3 1/2 star hotel and the Warwick was our winner. This is NOT a 3 1/2 star hotel anymore. The first room we were placed had such a bad mattress that we could see the dents just by looking at it. They placed us in another room with a beautiful view of a cement wall of the next store parking garage. I could actually almost touch the cement wall plus very little light entered the room. Fortunately we were so busy in Seattle we did not spend much time in the room but it was not I repeat a 3 1/2 star hotel more like a 2 star. Rooms really need to be updated to be competitive very worn looking. To bad it used to be a cool hotel.

Room Tip: Ask at the desk what the room is facing!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rebecca_D624
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel. I am happy to announce that we have begun phase III of our guest room renovation which will encompass floors 2-7. Upon our scheduled completion before year’s end, we will have renovated all floors from 2-18. We have received excellent feedback on the new product and are very confident it will meet or exceed your expectations.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to be your choice of lodging in the future. Thank you for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. Please come again soon.

Warm regards,

Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed at the Warwick for mother/daughter 4 day getaway.
Excellent location, 2 blocks from Monorail & City transit & walking distance from many attractions & restaurants. Smooth check in, arrived on train 4 hrs before check in but they kept our bags and gave us some advice & directions on where to go. When arrived back at hotel, checked right into room. Concierge service was fantastic, friendly helpful & go out of their way, Seattle recently changed their public bus route, so the concierge looked it up & actually walked us to the new bus stop. Who does that? Great.
Noise? Of course some, the hotel is in the downtown of a large city!! I think people tend to forget that any city has traffic, construction, & therefore noise.
Internet? I would agree that in this day and age, it should just be included in the cost of the room, even if they charge $10 more a night. People generally don't like to be nickel & dime'd to death. Not any better or worse than any other wifi type service. Meant to check emails, texts, & web browse, not meant to download movies.
I understand that they are going through their last stages of reno's and once complete, should get more consistent reviews. New room, good review. Older room, worse review.

All in all, good value for your $ for the price range.

Room Tip: Higher floors, City facing. Less noise, still great view. * Pay the extra $/ night & get an upg...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I would like to thank you for your kind review via TripAdvisor in regards to your recent stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel. It appears that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay and that we provided you with exceptional service.

Thank you for mentioning concierge, they truly are a great asset to our team and certainly go out their way to assist our guests. I will ensure that they will be appropriately notified for their good efforts during your visit.

As you are aware, the hotel is being renovated and we are in the final phase, I hope that you will return again in the future to experience these wonderful new changes.

Once again, thank you and see you soon!

Warm regards.
Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Arrived and checked into my room during my 2 day trip to Seattle. Reception dated and property very old. Customer service as expected is poor. I was asked to wait untill 3pm as the room wasnt ready. Rooms VERY basic and amenities below avarage. Restaurant mediocre and breakfast is awful !

Paid USD 200 per night but its definitely not even worth this amount. Its a fit for purpose site especially if one is going to drop to Hotel only to sleep and has to shell out no more than USD 100 -150 a night.

Room Tip: It might be worth exploring options like Mariott or Fairmont Olympic in Seattle
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. Your evaluation of various services and facilities is very much appreciated. It is only through guest’s feedback that we are able to review our procedure of operations objectively and provide standards to meet or exceed our guest’s expectations.

Once more, thank you for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel.

Best regards,

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Stay anywhere other than here if you're willing to pay their prices. It is impossible to sleep (I had three different rooms because of noise- both outside and inside). Parking is $30/day and Internet is $18 (premium). Internet is soo terrible that I had to rely on my cell for email. Food is mediocere at best. Some rooms have been renovated (higher floors) which is definitely an improvement upon te lower floors but the building is completely outdated. They're just putting lipstick on a pig here ;)

Granted the location is nice, but take it from someone from the NW this is not they way to enjoy Seattle. There are so many better places to stay downtown, don't let the Warwick ruin your Seattle experience.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Brysmit
Thank you for your feedback. I would love the opportunity to discuss in detail any concerns you had during your stay. If possible, I welcome more insight as to what you mean by the building being outdated. The vast majority of the interior has already been remodeled within the last 2 years, and most of the remaining portion is being completed over the next 6 months. It is our desire to provide excellent accommodations for our travelers, and if we have overlooked something we definitely want to know about it. Your thoughts are welcomed and encouraged.

Do not hesitate to reach out to us if we may assist you at all in the future.

Warm regards,

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

It does what it says on the tin, but the cracks are showing: this hotel needs updating / knocking down and rebuilding. Great location, nice views, but the lifts are creaky and slow, and the front desk left much to be desired: My credit card was refused on check-in and although a colleague was able to jump in and cover the reservation - within 10 minutes, on a Friday night - the hotel receptionist was snooty and unhelpful. I was tempted to ask why she dyed the roots of her lovely ginger hair a greyish color ...

Room Tip: Make sure your credit card isn't maxed :-)
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience as we are always pleased to receive feedback from our valued guests.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind you and other readers that our hotel is currently undergoing it's final phase of guest room renovations. Ten of the nineteen floors at Warwick Seattle Hotel have been completely remodeled so far. You can find more information on our website in regards to this.

I am surprised to hear that you found a member of our staff to behave improperly, we do not tolerate this kind of behavior and I will therefore notify the appropriate department head so that we can prevent this from happening again. Please accept my sincere apologies for this matter, feel free to contact the General Manager, Tim Bathke, if you wish to discuss this further tbahtke@warwickhotels.com

We look forward to seeing you again when you next visit downtown Seattle.

Kind regards.