“Great hotel”
Review of Warwick Seattle

Warwick Seattle
Ranked #45 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Service was friendly, hotel’s a good size and in a great location. We walked everywhere we went and saw most of the city. We had two nice rooms that were clean with modern furnishings and everything was in working order in both rooms. We ate at the restaurant twice and I enjoyed the lounge both nights we were there. I will actually seek out the Warwick if I ever return to Seattle.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent at Warwick Seattle Hotel.

It is wonderful to know that during your visit, you were able to explore downtown Seattle. I hope that you enjoyed all the attractions that Seattle has to offer.

I am pleased to hear that during your stay you dined in Margaux, and also tried out the lounge in the hotel. We hope that you can visit us again on your next trip to downtown Seattle.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Warm regards.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed in a very nice room with a view of the Space Needle for 3 nights. Our room had been updated with a modern bathroom, wifi, and very comfortable king sized bed.
The service was excellent. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floors were large, and modern. Our room was on the 17th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review in regards to your recent stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our front desk staff to be friendly and helpful. They will be appropriately notified for their exceptional service.

I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Regards.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel is very well situated for anyone wanting to stay in Seattle. It is also a destination stop on the airport to downtown shuttle bus that runs throughout the day. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well equipped. The staff are also extremely helpful.

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a room with a view of the Space Needle
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Your review on TripAdvisor is very much appreciated and it is great to know that you found your stay to be clean and comfortable.

I hope you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel with all the local attractions and ease of access to public transportation. We hope that you will visit us again when you are next in Seattle.

Once more, thank you.

Kind regards.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The location was perfect. It was close to every attraction that I wanted to see. I was going to stay at another hotel but I'm glad that I didn't just because of the location. I've visited this hotel twice, and the reason I went back is because of the restuarant. Margeaux ( I think that's the name of the restuarant in the hotel) had the best salmon that I've ever had in my life. The cafe latte was also very good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Kirsten M

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor, your comments are appreciated I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel.

It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed the Salmon in Margaux and was able to enjoy the many attractions that are local to our hotels location.

We hope that you will visit us again the near future for another pleasant stay.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The room itself was alright, but unluckily we've got a room with no view, although we've booked a room with a view of the Space Needle. The window directly faces a huge wall, which means that the room is very dark. The location is not perfect, but you can still reach most of the city by walking. I think it was overpriced for such a room. If the room would have had a view, the rate would have been good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. Please accept my apologies that you did not receive a room with a view. If you book directly with us for future you will have an opportunity to guarantee you a specific location, including Space Needle view.

Once more, I thank you for your feedback and for choosing Warwick Seattle Hotel. Please come see us again.

Warm regards,

Tim Bathke, CHA
Warwick Seattle Hotel

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel twice on business and have been very pleased both times. This is an older property that has been updated, but it's not uber trendy (if that is your preference). I find the rooms and common areas to be clean, and well appointed, not grimey or shabby as some older properties can be...and you cant beat the location or the views! As a business traveler, I appreciate having easy access to good food without having to go far to find it. The restaurant on site is very good, and the staff in both the hotel and restaurant are both excellent. I love the easy access to what downtown has to offer as well as major highways that move you outside of the downtown area. On a more personal note, the beds are quite comfortable and I LOVE the pillows! A small downer, it takes the hot water a while to reach the 17th floor! But the view from the 17th floor makes it worth the wait!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at the Warwick Seattle Hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of our property as it is conveniently located to so many attractions, and of course, the freeway is not too far either.

I am delighted to hear that you dined in our restaurant, Margaux, and found it to be very good and our service to be on form. Our guests are of the utmost of importance to us and so we try our best to give you a memorable experience, which I hope you received.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel for your next stay in Seattle. I take this opportunity, once again, to thank you for your time and your remarks.

Warm regards.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel is very dated, so much so you actually think you have been transported back to the 70's!
We received a room that had a view of the building site over the road which is in fact, extremely noisy! So very politely, i asked the lady at the desk if there was any possibility we could be moved or cancel the booking as this is not what we expected.
Her response wasn't so nice "You booked through a third party so if you want a refund, you need to speak to them. I can give you a room on the same floor but it has no view at all. In fact it is facing a brick wall"
She wasn't lying, it is facing a wall. But it was slightly quieter than the original room so we took it.
The restaurant downstairs actually does lovely food, again it is very dated so does put you off, but the staff at the bar and in the restaurant are in fact very nice.
Wifi is $11 per day!! So you can stay in a room overlooking a wall but have to pay for wifi - you would think they would include this in the cost as a way of compensation for the crappy room, but no!
Location is absolutely perfect though and this is what you are paying for. The rooms are clean and i have to say the beds are very comfortable.
Also we did not use the pool, you cant even see the bottom of it through the cloudy water so i would give it a miss. Its probably only because of this that they be classed as 4 star - i think this rating needs to be re-evaluated
Don't expect too much and you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

We appreciate having the opportunity to read your feedback through Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay. Please allow me to offer apologies for any concerns or miscommunications concerning cancellation and subsequent refunding of your room. When you book through a third party, depending on the third party, we cannot cancel or refund your room per contract and it has to go through the third party. No disrespect was meant by the young lady’s response when talking to you. I will remind the team to try and better explain this situation in future as we greatly value all of our guests, regardless of where they choose to book. It is noteworthy, however, that if you book directly with the Hotel we retain our flexibility and have more room to guarantee different features and amenities. We also offer a best rate guarantee on our website.

I read your remarks concerning the pool. Our indoor heated pool receives a lot of use. As such the team is consistently re-balancing the chemical levels to try to maintain a clear look to the water. If it was cloudy at the moment you looked at it, I do apologize. I can assure you that they were likely in the process of correcting the look at that time. I can definitely assure you that the water was healthy and safe per County regulations or we would have shut it down from guest’s use.

Lastly, I noted your concern about the look and décor of the room based on your comments about being transported back to the 70’s. Although the last partial renovation occurred in the 2000s, I did want to inform you we are actually completing a full room renovation now. By January 2013 all floors from 2-18 will have received an extensive renovation, which included flat screen televisions. At this time floors 8-18 are already complete and we are working on floors 5-7.

Thank you for staying with us. Please come see us again the next time you are in Seattle.

Kind regards,