2,081 results
All reviews space needle great location across the street pike place market within walking distance small balcony jazz alley few blocks parking garage hotel restaurant central location front desk staff an older hotel mini bar nice room high floor westlake center
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We had a great stay. The location was good for what we were doing. We walked from Belltown to Lower Queen Anne to Capitol Hill. My son is moving to Seattle in August so we were apartment hunting. The staff bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we wanted without being pushy. The room was spacious and clean with a great view of the city. Bathroom was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I would highly recommend.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your room and that the team did everything they could to help make your apartment hunting easier. Seattle is a great place to live so I am confident your son will thoroughly enjoy it here. Please do come see us again when visiting him or if you get a chance to come to Seattle for fun yourself!

All the best,

Reviewed June 20, 2012

But I'm pretty concerned....I had never even heard of this hotel, but hit upon it through Priceline Name Your Own bid. My bid was $165 and was accepted. I was happy because of the location, but wasn't aware that this hotel had rooms with concrete wall views (I have never seen this anywhere before) and TVs from 10 years ago. When we called the hotel to request a King-sized bed for our room, the front desk adamantly insisted to us that they couldn't guarantee ANY request of ours. I really hate hotels that treat you like a second class citizen because you are being cost conscious. I don't know any of my internet savvy friends who book directly with a hotel anymore. perhaps if we have a good experience there we'd be willing to pay more to stay there again, however, from the reviews I've read, that may be a bit of a crapshoot.

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cortrpr
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

It is unfortunate that you chose to provide a review of our Hotel without ever having stayed with us. The Trip Advisor community reads and relies on reviews based on actual experiences and, in my opinion, it is difficult to provide a comprehensive review of a lodging establishment without utilizing the rooms it provides. Please allow me to provide some clarification for you and others concerning your comments and concerns. I will list your feedback below in quotes followed by my response to each.

“I was happy because of the location, but wasn't aware that this hotel had rooms with concrete wall views (I have never seen this anywhere before) and TVs from 10 years ago.”

We have half-dozen rooms out of 230 that face the parking garage wall. We always prefer to place guests in the other rooms first whenever possible. As for the televisions, 10 floors of our building have been fully renovated since the end of 2010 and include new flat screen LG televisions. The remaining will be completed at the end of this year or first quarter of next. Our hotel website can provide you with pictures of all room types.

"When we called the hotel to request a King-sized bed for our room, the front desk adamantly insisted to us that they couldn't guarantee ANY request of ours. I really hate hotels that treat you like a second class citizen because you are being cost conscious. I don't know any of my internet savvy friends who book directly with a hotel anymore."

The reservations team’s refusal to guarantee your request has nothing to do with their wanting to treat you like a second class citizen due to where you booked. Regardless of where you book, we want you to have a top notch experience with us. However, when you booked your room through XYZ website you agreed to have nothing guaranteed aside from a room in the building. It would be unfair and inappropriate to other guests who booked through channels that do provide guarantees to guarantee your preferences during time periods we anticipate selling out. During these busy times it is often difficult to meet all guests’ preferences and we have to give priority to the guests who are guaranteed a king-sized bed through the channel in which they booked.

It is my hope that you have now come to the hotel and had an opportunity to experience what a fantastic hotel this actually is. I do want to thank you for staying with us. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

The Warwick bills itself as a "luxury" hotel but I certainly didn't think that. More like a solid 3* w/a bit of an old world feel, but that also comes w/steps up to the elevators (no idea how anyone in a wheelchair or w/heavy luggage gets to the elevators) and $11/day internet. Who still charges for internet?! We arrived late & check-in was pretty straightforward. The room & bathroom were fine but nothing to get excited about. If you don't feel like paying for the internet, there's a business center which consists of 2 ancient desktops & a printer for airline check-in. Location is good, on the opposite end of the block from Lola & Dahlia. It's a few blocks from Westlake station, where you can catch the LINK to Sea-Tac or any of the express buses to outlying areas. Our Hotwire rate of $88USD/nt took the sting out of our stay, but even then, not by much.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to read that you did not feel the hotel was up to your expectations.

Without knowing more about your particular stay it is difficult for me to ascertain where and how the team fell short in providing you with an exceptional experience. I noted your comments concerning being charged for internet. Being charged for internet is not uncommon for full service hotels in Seattle. To ensure you have a good experience we do not currently have any limits on bandwidth usage as some places are currently doing. Instead, we increased our bandwidth significantly to compensate. Our pricing is also tax inclusive that way you know exactly what you will be paying. You are correct that we offer 2 computers and a printer in the business center for guest convenience. They are offered complimentary and come equipped with the Microsoft Office programs we anticipate most travelers would need.

While we do have 2 steps in the lobby we also provide wheelchair access to the same area and elevators from either entrance of the building. The 2 steps are not the only option for those folks who need access with wheels, be it heavy luggage or otherwise. I would agree that it is unusual to see in most areas, but steps are a little more common in parts of Seattle where we are known for some of our large hills.

Please know you are welcome to contact me personally at the hotel if you want to provide me with some feedback of how the team could have provided you better service. That is very important to us.

Thank you for staying. Please be safe during your travels.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The location of this hotel can't be beat. Walked to Westlake to catch the Monorail and also to Pike's Market Place. Hotel is only average, nothing stellar about it. Rooms with the garage view really should be discounted ALOT. Breakfast in the restaurant was ok - food was good but the service was extremely slow. Place was barely occupied, but I was on my third cup of coffee before my breakfast arrived.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the location of our hotel. However, I want to apologize that you felt the hotel was only average. I noticed your stay was from September 2011. We have made many, many great changes and improvements since that time, including guest room renovations. I can tell from your comments that you stayed in a non-renovated room / floor. I wanted to make sure you know that we are actually in process of a multi-million dollar renovation.

It is important to us to provide you with the best accommodations we possibly can and we believe the renovation will accomplish that. During the time you stayed here only 5 floors of the building were complete. We now have 10 floors completed and we anticipate finishing all floors the 4th quarter of this year or 1st quarter of next at latest. We do not renovate during the summer season to minimize the impact on our guests.

As for breakfast being slow please accept my apologies for that as well. It is highly possible that the kitchen team was very busy making room service meals which caused the delay. I cannot say for sure without knowing the specific day and time you were in the Restaurant. Although your stay was from long ago I will still remind the team of the importance of communicating with the guest to make sure it is fresh in their minds.

Thank you for your review. Please come back to see the great changes we have made the next time you are in Seattle.

Best,

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Warwick's location is pretty perfect. Palace Kitchen down the street, Top Pot Donuts around the corner, Ralph's Supermarket across the street—you really won't go hungry here. The people working the desk did a great job, particularly Victoria and Chris. One of the managers, I think his last name was Dovall, was also great. The day I checked in, an outraged woman was screaming at them at the top of her lungs, because her view wasn't exactly as she'd pictured. Me and another guest were waiting for our rooms to be readied, as we watched this horrible woman pitch a fit. The other guest waiting with me was a hotelier himself and he told me she was doing this to try and get a free room or an upgrade. She was awful and if I'd been working there, someone would've gotten a slap, but Victoria and the others handled her with far more respect than she deserved.

Just as it looked like she'd been dealt with, another patron came in and promptly dropped a bottle of red wine on the marble floor and did nothing but laugh after glass and wine went everywhere. Again, I would've been slappy. But the staff dealt with him quickly and coolly too.

I'd gotten a super low rate through Otel.com, and was a little nervous, but my room was fine. I had the view of the space needle I'd requested, the maid service was spectacular and even though the pool was smaller than it looked in pictures, it did the job. I'd stay there again.

Room tip: Ask for the highest floor you can get (there's construction going on in the nabe and street noise) and definitely ask for a room facing the space needle.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Sunny_in_BK
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Your feedback was great and I was pleased to hear from you. Thank you so much for mentioning some of my great teammates by name. It gives me the opportunity to recognize them and make sure they know they performed well.

I found your comments about getting “slappy” humorous and I thank you for having such an understanding and fantastic reaction to what happened. Unfortunately these things do happen, albeit it rarely. Please accept my sincerest apologies that you had to witness those interactions. We never want anything to occur that could disrupt your stay.

It was nice to read that you would stay here again. I would like to encourage you to do so. Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review.

Best regards,