“ExtremelyAccomondating”

GreenLeadersGold level
Florida
“ExtremelyAccomondating”
Reviewed March 9, 2006

We arrived in Seattle from Florida and had made reservations at a sister hotel Vintage Park. The guest services at Vintage Park had much to be desired. Ex-no help with luggage. So we walked around the corner to the Hotel Monaco and immediately we were treated with a warm welcome and hospitality. We decided to switch hotels, and they had our luggage moved for us, upgraded our room, delivered a fish to keep us company-(I was missing my cats)and it was completely delightful. From the restaurant downstairs, to room service, to concierage guidance, & the very comfortable room. My husband is a nightowl, I'm a morning person....so the room worked perfectly. It had a sitting area with computer access and a seperate bedroom area with a curtain seperating the rooms. Two TV's--so no problem with varied intresets, and quiet time. The hotel is centrally located. All together a gem. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2006
11 Thank magellancat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Long Island, NY
Reviewed February 14, 2006

My husband and I splurged on a suite for our anniversary. The room was huge and as with all the Hotel Monaco's, the bed was very comfortable with a big comforter and lots of pillows. The bathroom was great with a nice sized shower and a separate jacuzzi tub, all stocked with Aveda products (yeah!). The food at the restaurant downstairs was good being in the middle of downtown Seattle was great. It was a bit of a walk to the baseball stadium and the Space Needle, but most other sites and shopping were within walking distance (take a cab to REI).

• Stayed September 2005
5 Thank Monkeywrench
Reviewed February 2, 2006

Decor is fabulous and service is great but the rooms are a little small. I had dinner in the hotel restaurant twice and the food was great but a little pricey. Over all a good choice.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank chris1205
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2006

Rooms are of a fairly standard size for a mid range hotel. Furnishings are bright and unusual. Staff are friendly and accommodating but things do sometimes slip - I had to ask twice to get a blown lightbulb fixed, and my laundry was missed on one occasion causing me problems.

The Sazerac restaurant has a good reputation locally and the food was fine, although I found the service pretty patronising on occasion.

Would I stay here again - yes I probably would but it's nothing special really.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank The_curious_limper
Seattle, WA
Reviewed January 9, 2006

We stayed at this hotel on our honeymoon night. The mediterrainian suites are excellent and the staff is very friendly and hip. All in all I would recommend this downtown hotel to anyone looking for an upbeat and modern hotel to stay at without the business-like aspect of the W hotels.

8 Thank lifeofbrian
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 28, 2005

We decided to give Hotel Monaco a try after reading the positive reviews here on TripAdvisor, and having had excellent experiences at Kimpton Hotels in other cities.

I've stayed at several downtown Seattle hotels before (including Sheraton, Grand Hyatt, The W) and while I had positive experiences at all of them, I would certainly return to Hotel Monaco before the others. It was truly outstanding in all areas from decor, cleanliness, and especially the service.

The reservations and check-in process was flawless. I made a couple specific requests by email prior to our stay, and the staff always returned my emails promptly, ready to assist. We splurged and stayed in the Mediterrean Suite, which was wonderful. There was an emormous jet tub, and the room was spacious, very comfortable, and clean. The free internet access was also a plus. All other Seattle hotels I've been to have a fee.

I was blown away by the friendly and competent staff at Hotel Monaco. Everyone from the front desk staff to the concierge to the housekeeping staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.

The only downside of our stay was that our hotel room smelled a bit of ciagrette smoke. I had specifically requested a nonsmoking room. When I called the front desk, they assured us that we were on a nonsmoking floor, but that they'd be happy to move us to another room immedietly if we were not happy. Because we so enjoyed our unique suite, we decided to stay rather than move to a smaller room. We were more irritated by the guests who'd stayed before us and smoked in a nonsmoking room than we were with the hotel, which made efforts to remedy the situation.

Following our stay, I received a thoughtful and personal email from one of their staff members apologizing for the occurence and guaranteeing that the problem would be discussed with housekeeping in an effort to more thoroughly clean rooms of smoke in the future. I was extremely impressed with this timely response, especially because I'd never made a formal complaint about the room, I had just mentioned it briefly. We were offered a discount on our next stay because of the "inconvience," but even without a discount, I would make Hotel Monaco my #1 hotel choice in Seattle.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brush Prairie, Washington
Reviewed December 4, 2005

I had really high hopes for the Hotel Monaco when we chose it as our base for a girlfriend's shopping trip to Seattle. But after our stay, I would say that given the competition in Seattle, it was just okay.

The hotel has a lot of nice features but little things that detract:

The bedding is super soft and luxurious with down comforters and pillows. But the mattress is a rock hard standard hotel bed that kept me awake both nights.

The furnishings are nice and the colors and patterns fun but the chair had a rip in it and the wall paper was peeling.

We stayed in room 815 and there was a noise like a fog horn that vibrated through the walls off and on through our stay. My guess is it's the water pipes but it was really annoying.

On waking the first morning we found that we had two packages of decaf instead of regular coffee. It took them 30 minutes to send up coffee and then they showed up with just one package. This is coffee town USA and you get one little package and 3 tiny dried creamers? There was supposed to be coffee service in the lobby but we never saw any. It must be cleared really early. It's gone by 10AM.

The wine reception is from 5-6 and boy you better get there on time because if you walk in at 5:50 like we did you get a look from the manager like you are trying to scope a 2nd glass. That and the food was a plate of goldfish crackers. Classy.

Friday night the restaurant and bar were closed by 4pm for a private party. That was where we planned to eat since we'd heard so much about the fun bar. It was another bummer to add to the rest.

All over the hotel are posters that say things like the hotel is all about "you" and your comfort etc. But we felt neither catered to or comfortable. No one on staff ever asked us how we were doing or even said hello. We'll be looking elsewhere for our next visit.

15 Thank hipmamatravels