“Great hotel with amazing staff!”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #7 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed at the Hotel Monaco for a couple of nights while visiting Seattle. The room was great, just as I expected it to be from previous Hotel Monaco stays in other cities. What made the stay top notch for us was the staff. Every single staff member we ran into was wonderful. Colin and Pepper greeted us when we pulled up and then each time we came and went. Very friendly! Jeffrey was great at wine hour and on the desk. He was always great at answering questions about the city. Garret and Andy were friendly and helpful as well. Even the housekeeping staff we ran into in the hall greeted us with a friendly hello. Each and every staff member was great. I would give them all a shout out if I remembered their names. What it all comes down to is a nice hotel set itself above the rest with an excellent staff. Keep up the good work! I will see you again because I will be a return guest!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Went to Seattle for a night to get away from Vancouver, do some shopping. I booked one of the promotions currently available (Chicks Night Out) and we were totally blow away! What a great value and so creative, make sure you always check on their current promotions to see what they have! We felt completely spoiled, the room was clean, large and the filled my personal requests, great staff, efficient and helpful. Our promotion included all kinds of treats that we could indulge in while we watched a movie that night!

I'm a Kimpton Intouch member (which I highly recommend) as they have added perks for members.
https://www.kimptonhotels.com/intouch/KIT_overview.aspx easy to register!

There are 3 Kimptons in Seattle and I hear great things form them all, but for not Im hooked on the Monaco!

Will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Chicks night out?, I thought that was a program for Easter! Yes, this has become a very popular program, fun times to get away, drink some wine and then wander down for a brilliant dinner in Sazerac! sounds like a great time, wonder why there isnt a dudes night out? have to work on that!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I travelled with two tweens on their spring break. Though Seattle is known for its gloomy weather, we enjoyed it immensely and glad that I selected the perfect hotel. Hotel Monaco is strategically located - its central to every destination that really made a difference exploring this nice town. This leg of Fourth Street is pretty quiet and yet 2-3 blocks away is the shopping hub where you can catch the monorail to Seattle Central. The convention center is also a comfortable walking distance away as well as Pioneer Square District. I love Belgian waffles and a hole in the wall 'Sweet Iron' belgian cafe is right around the corner. The staff was wonderful - friendly, approachable and helpful in every way. I had a car service take us to the airport on our departure, and arranging that was quite seamless. We had a clean and spacious room with two queen size beds, and for the tweens, it was just perfect. We felt right at home. The only caveat is that we didn't have a view to write home about, but since we spent very little time in the room, we forgive you, HM. I would return to Seattle with my cuddle partner, and will likely always stay at Hotel Monaco.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Hello Trish! thanks for the great note, the hotel was designed with that Seattle gloom in mind, its not always rainy here, just 300 days a year. The colors of the hotel and the fun vibe in here are to make you forget about al this. Our location is as I like to describe, just far enough away from the maddening crowd, but close to all the market, monorail and great shopping that anyone could want. I cant believe you found Sweet Iron, what a score, they really are a hidden gem just around the corner from the hotel, or try Eggs in Hell in Sazerac for breakfast, it will make your day!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was having my house painted and needed a pet-friendly place to get away from the mess. I have been a Kimpton In-Touch member since the early 2000s and always try to book there, given my experience with the company and its services. I know to expect amazing service at any Kimpton location, but I was blown away by how well we were treated -- not just me, but my neurotic, travel-phobic dogs as well. Everyone was incredibly understanding and accomodating. I never felt like I was being judged as a bad pet owner because my dogs were scared or barking; in fact, I was greeted with a smile/ laugh every time I left or entered the hotel. The bell and room service staff would wait patiently while I got the dogs secured before entering. They just made us feel "at home" away from home. On that note, the room was incredibly comfortable. We got a suite with a living and bedroom area so the dogs would have room to spread out and it was beautiful, comfortable and worth the value. I cannot recommend the Monaco and its staff highly enough!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thanks Craig, we are always delighted to have guests with dogs at the hotel and go out of our way to make them feel like they are part of the family. Our founder Bill Kimpton struggled to find a hotel which would welcome both him and his dogs, and made it his mission to welcome both pets and owners. If you want to go our for dinner to Tulio up the street or our own very cool Sazerac, just ask the desk they will often dog sit for you at the desk. happy to help!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Professionalism, courtesy, smiles, and helpfulness were all expectations that the staff at this hotel met. Along with it they contributed personality, humor, and flavor. Every detail in the city that I was excited about, the staff was right listening to me and expressed as much excitement as I did. I stayed alone, but I felt like my friends had come along. I'm definitely bringing my family here to meet this amazing hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014

What a sweet thing to say about the hotel and the staff, they really do go out of their way, on one hand and on the other, just happy to be here and it shows to all guests. I have found when I am here alone, that eating at the kitchen bar in Sazerac makes me forget that am chowing down on the best roast chicken on the planet by myself! thanks again, come back soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

If I could I would give it a 4.5. or 4.75. This is a posh little nest in downtown Seattle. Beautifully appointed rooms and lobby. Super comfortable beds and linens. Free Starbucks in the lobby. Great staff.

Room Tip: Slightly noisy on the lower levels, so ask for a higher floor if you that bothers you.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

how about a 4.68? if we are grading on a bell curve. Melissa, thanks for this nice note, we are delighted that you came and stayed with us. Yep, we are in the middle of the 8th largest city in America so at times it is noisy here on the 2nd floor or the 11th floor, but that is part of the cityscape. great tip on the $5 coupon, sure skip housekeeping and we will pass one of these on for you, no big deal either way, just a fun tip. Enjoy!

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to visit Seattle to celebrate our anniversary and her birthday simply because, having traveled fairly extensively, we'd never seen the city. We couldn't have picked a better hotel for our introduction.

While this was my first Kimpton experience, I'm told they often go out of their way to personalize the experience of their guests. They did that fabulously with our stay. Anniversary champagne, birthday wine, bread pudding (my fav) and chocolate covered strawberries (my wife's fav), along with rose petals and two balloon arrangements, greeted us when we entered the amazing Ambassador Suite.

Our room was great - nothing less than you'd expect from a first rate hotel. Great linens, comfortable bed, superb soaking tub, etc.

Everyone, from Shanie at check in to Dan the man Chef Concierge, went out of their way to see we had a great time.

The only, relatively minor, complaint I have is room service seemed understaffed. On two mornings in a row, I was automatically transferred to the front desk because no one picked up in room service. Someone called me back relatively quickly. Still, when paying for my every whim to be immediately fulfilled, I expect instant gratification (and immediate room service response).

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

yikes, you came to Seattle from Arkansas for your anniversary? Makes me feel bad that I took my wife to Applebees. We were delighted to go all the way crazy for you with your big event. Thanks for the note on Shanie and Dan, both rock stars here and really makes them smile for the shout out. We were slammed both days with room service orders and are coming up with a new program, but working on this and so much more for your next anniversary!