“Great room, but over-priced”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #7 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Staff at the Monaco Seattle were lovely, and most helpful. My very early arrival (due to unexpected change in transportation) was made more comfortable by the front desk staff arranging to have my room made up while I lunched. Lovely room, comfortable bed. Great wine offering in the lobby, where I met up with some folks for an evening of good food and great conversation.

Perhaps I was a bit sensitive what with being in Seattle for a funeral - but the bathrobes were not quite "fresh" they need a deep wash and rinse. Actually, the room was not as fresh as it could be, and should be.

I had booked through central reservations, and was told I could not get the three nights of my stay at the Monaco or the Vintage Park, so had to move over to Vintage the next day. When I checked in at Monaco, I discovered that each hotel did have three nights in a row available. A lot of shuffling about while paying full price for my rooms.

Great location, easy walking to Seattle Art Museum, Pike Place, Macy's and Nordstrom. Main floor restaurant serves a very tasty catfish main.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 20, 2013

My son and I stayed at the Monaco for fall holiday, and we could not have asked for more! Great location, beautiful room, and they even had a welcome gift for my son in the room - snacks, drinks and a Seahawks football! We will definitely stay at the Monaco again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed for a holiday/girls/birthday weekend. The front desk was friendly as was all the staff, one who saw us entering our room and immeduately asked if we'd like a pet fish-oh yes! We were even surprised with a balloon and wine! We were also able to enjoy hot spiced rum at the lobby happy hour...the decor is upscale funky, we loved our stay!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank issylh
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was a spontaneous trip for us and the Hotel Monaco certainly exceeded our expectations. We were traveling with our 11 month old and they were very accommodating with all our stuff and needs. Both the staff and service are wonderful here! The location was also perfect for us. Close to all the shopping, Pike Place Market and so many great restaurants. We'll definitely be back and hopefully sooner than later!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I love staying at Kimpton hotels. The value for money is unparalleled. This particular hotel had some of the nicest staff I have experienced. The location is great, in the heart of Seattle and there are good dining options in walkable distance.

The room was a very generous size and very quiet and most importantly very clean. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go for a higher room. Make sure you ask at checkin as the staff are so very accommodating.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Hotel Monaco is a lovely hotel with a great personality and a warm ambience all around. From the lobby to the restaurant to the rooms, there is a warm and welcome vibe. The staff is very accommodating and capable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco on December 2, 2013 and attended the Seattle Seahawks Monday night football game. It was an easy walk to the stadium - downhill and lots of fun with all the fans making there way to Century Link Field. Great location for sightseeing the next day. We stored our bags at the Hotel while we walked around on the Tuesday and asked the very congenial (and cute) porter outside the Hotel to get them for us when we returned so it was beyond a simple process. But here's the reason this Hotel goes to the top of my list and will be returning and recommending to others - I left a sweater hanging in the closet and they are returning it to me. They've already tried but Canada Post said the address was wrong, so they contacted me to get the correct address and will try again - it's a favorite sweater so I appreciate the extra effort.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple