“Lovely hotel with a great personality”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #8 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Lovely hotel with a great personality”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Hotel Monaco is a lovely hotel with a great personality and a warm ambience all around. From the lobby to the restaurant to the rooms, there is a warm and welcome vibe. The staff is very accommodating and capable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Regina, Canada
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco on December 2, 2013 and attended the Seattle Seahawks Monday night football game. It was an easy walk to the stadium - downhill and lots of fun with all the fans making there way to Century Link Field. Great location for sightseeing the next day. We stored our bags at the Hotel while we walked around on the Tuesday and asked the very congenial (and cute) porter outside the Hotel to get them for us when we returned so it was beyond a simple process. But here's the reason this Hotel goes to the top of my list and will be returning and recommending to others - I left a sweater hanging in the closet and they are returning it to me. They've already tried but Canada Post said the address was wrong, so they contacted me to get the correct address and will try again - it's a favorite sweater so I appreciate the extra effort.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Met a friend to Christmas shop and hang out in Seattle. We had a great time and loved the hotel. We felt really welcomed by the front desk clerk. We decided to have lunch right at the hotel. The waiter was very good at describing the menu and making suggestions. We didn't make it back for the wine at 4 but thought it was cool that they were having that. Slept great and decided to have breakfast which was also very good. This was the perfect place for us to stay and it made it easy for us to walk around Seattle. Will definatly stay again. I have also stayed at the one in Chicago. Loved it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Hey Linda, thanks for the great note, glad that you are becoming a collector of Monaco hotels there are about 9 of them across this great country and about 60 fantastic Kimpton hotels - find out more at Kimptonhotels.com This Monaco has been around for awhile but with our new renovation, we are shiny and new all over again just like the Vintage Hotel up the street will be after their remodel. come back soon and visit us both!
Anthem, Arizona
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Recently had a 5-night stay at the Monaco in freezing Seattle and could not be happier with my stay. I checked in at 1AM and had a room key in less than a minute. I needed to stop in only for an hour between appointments and Melissa kept my vehicle at the curb and immediately accessible when the hotel ingress/egress was of high volume. The room was fantastic, the service the same and I will be staying there again as soon as life allows. I had heard of Kimpton hotels prior to my stay and it was every bit as advertised. I will be looking for other Kimpton properties as a priority in my travels, business and personal.

Room Tip: Get a view of 4th if you can swing it.
Green Features: We took advantage of the discount offered for not servicing our room and found the approach and focus on environmental friendliness attractive.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Sorry Josh, but I had to snicker a bit noting that you were here from Arizona, yep that was a bizarrely cold week for us here in the land of cedar, salmon and rain. How kind to note Melissa at the front door, she is a rock star! Some folks like that view of 4th avenue and watching the folks coming and going and some prefer the back side of the hotel where it is darn quiet, whatever works, just glad to ready you are coming back soon, meet you at wine hour!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We arrived on Thanksgiving without realizing it was such an important event in the USA. Seattle was pretty empty and cold but the people at the Monaco were full of largesse and very warm! They helped us find one of the few restaurants open during the evening - we loved the soiree with wine - the decor is so much fun. We went on to Portland and stayed at the Monaco there - and had a similar experience. Now we've discovered this Kimpton chain...we are hooked!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Carol! Yes I think Canada and the US should come up with a date which we can both celebrate Thanksgiving that way I wouldnt have to explain to all of America why Canada's is the second Monday in October and to Canada that the last Thursday in November is really tough on turkeys. Great to read that we have made you a true Kimptonite, there are 3 hotels in Seattle (very soon 4) and they all have their special appeal. look for all the information at kimptonhotels.com including the best rates and packages. Come back down soon!
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed here recently with my son for a Monday Night Football Game! Very courteous and professional staff! A special Thanks to Andy, great guy! Nice room, clean and comfy. Definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Go Hawks! that was a great, slightly cold game! but what a game! One of the things I love about our hotel, actually all 3 of the Kimptons here in Seattle is that you can walk to the Stadium from the hotel, missing all the traffic and chaos of trying to get there, works great for a Mariners game if anyone ever really wanted to go. Andy is a Rock Star, what a great guy, we really lucked out the day we hired him, thanks for noting him in your comments.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is my third long term stay in this hotel. After being able to travel to different places and stay in some of the nicer hotels, I am not impressed by my stay here. I am also part of the inner circle status and was hoping I would get good service, but I haven't yet. I have to keep reminding the hotel every time of my inner circle status and I don't like that. Besides this, there are other things that contributed to my bad experience but I won't list them here. The only reason I am giving this hotel 3 stars is because of one of their employees, Ethan. He is a gem of a person and his smile just makes up your day. He is extremely polite, always smiling, always willing to help and goes that extra mile every time. I really wish every employee can have great customer service skills like Ethan. He is definitely worth all his weight in gold.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ethan is one of those great assets who really makes the hotel special. I am of course completely perplexed by your comments that you have a list of problems which we havent addressed, or likely heard about yet. As an Inner Circle member you have so many options to share your thoughts about the stay, if there is something bothering you, please dont hesitate. Are you providing your membership number when you book? Have you let us know what your preferences are? We generally hit these out of the park so don't be shy about telling us. Hope you will come back for another visit and perhaps share with Ethan how we can make things a little smoother for you.
Thanks!