“Great location - Comfortable rooms - friendly staff”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I spent 4 nights at Hotel Monaco last week. We loved the location and the rooms were very comfortable. The 5-6pm wine reception was a big hit as well. The location is within walking distance to all of the things we wanted to do downtown, and we walked from King Street Station as well, as we arrived via train. That was a bit of a hike, and there is either a bus or taxi available. The taxi ride is only $10 - or $40 to the airport. The staff was super friendly and helpful and we had a great time.

Room Tip: Floors 9 and 10 are really nice -
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CES2010

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited from Vancouver, Canada last weekend for his 40th birthday and to cheer the Seahawks on (GO HAWKS!). From the moment we arrived, the valet and front desk staff greeted us with genuine smiles and made us feel so special and welcome. Upon entering our home away from home, we were in awe with our incredibly appointed suite. The furnishings, the animal print robes, the stuffed animal from the aquarium on our bed, and of course the local craft beer left for a birthday surprise completely went beyond our already high expectations. I loved the "Staying Out of the Rain Today" door sign to indicate we didn't want to be disturbed (we can appreciate that coming from Vancouver). The attention to detail was evident wherever we went and with whomever staff member we spoke with. I've stayed at many other 5 star Seattle hotels including the W Hotel (across the street) and I can say unequivocally that I have found my home away from home at the Monaco.
Thank you Heather and all the staff for making our stay and my boyfriend's 40th birthday weekend so special.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShannaHann
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel without the pretentiousness of some you will find in the heart of downtown Seattle. The lobby hosts a nice wine hour in the evenings and great coffee in the morning. Room was spacious and quiet. Only bummer is $39. a night to park. Booked early through Hotels.com and got a great rate. Our friends waited and paid for it.

Room Tip: Parking is expensive in downtown, but Seattle is a great place for walking and has lots of public tr...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We just left our stay at the hotel monaco - loved our big studio room- being honeymooners they left us a mini champagne and peanuts which was cute! Unfortunately we didnt get to spend as much time in our hotel as I would of liked so we didnt get a chance to try the breakfast or anything ... The hotel does give you a chance to not have your room cleaned for a $5 voucher each day to use in the restaurant ... Starbucks in right next door, drug store just across the road and a short walk from the market place and shops. The only thing was during our stay they were having Internet problems and I couldn't get my pictures loaded online - they kindly refunded the money I had paid trying

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I did a mattress run at 3 of Kimptons Seattle properties and this one was my absolute fave of all of them (Alexis and Vintage Park were the other 2.)

Aside from the style of the property suiting me best, it was the welcome and treatment I received that put it at 5 stars for me. I owe a shout-out to Monica at the Alexis who called over to the Monaco to let them know that I was on my way. A very nice touch and on par with what I would hope for from Kimpton properties and their "boutique" experience. When I arrived Ethan greeted me like I was royalty. So funny. So friendly. All the staff were great, but I had a special soft spot for sweet Ethan, so I'm singling him out especially. I was upgraded to a suite and every one of the things I love to eat and drink that was on my Inner Circle member profile was provided for me. Royalty indeed!

I loved the room. The curtains that you can close off the bedroom with were just my kind of fancy. The lobby is stunning and large and the hotel is in the heart of it all. I didn't eat at the restaurant so no comment there, but it too was quite large and inviting.

I would highly recommend this hotel and wish to thank the staff. It was they who made my stay as lovely as it was.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank carissa t
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thanks Carissa, I enjoyed the note on your mattress run, (btw soon there will be 4 Kimptons in Seattle for you to love). Ethan is one of those great guys who just loves to be here, (at least I think he does) and it shows! We work pretty hard finding folks with an easy smile and willingness to try and make any guests day a little better. your notes have been sent around to a zillion people and they are all nodding in agreement about Ethan. Hey - next time come back and give Sazerac a try, just betting you will be writing somethig positive about that gumbo!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife stayed there last week on a business trip. I booked the trip, and Andrea at the front desk did an outstanding job making sure Claire would have the best room and amenities. Claire found her to be even more gracious in person, Claire sent me some iPhone pics of the suite and it was great. I later spoke with Janelle there re: a copy of some paperwork, and the same level of courtesy and professional demeanor was extended to me. We'd return there in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Call the desk
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear John, thans for this - guessing that Claire was in one of our Monte Carlo suites which have a separate living and bedroom area. The room would be a treat when traveling by yourself, but great for a family - 2 TVs make any family vacation a little better....
Great to know that our warm Monaco family extends to the accounting department, they dont get a heck of alot of acknowledement down in the dungeon, but are a pretty happy crew!
Come back soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Hotel Monaco staff really understands what HOSPITALITY and GRACIOUSNESS means. From Peter at the front desk to Beth the server at Sazerac they just really want everybody to have an excellent experience. The wine hour server (Jeremy I believe his name was) was joking around with everybody and going around to make sure that everybody was happy and taken care of. The room that I had was lovely as well. Wi-Fi worked well and I still think that Sazerac is one of the best happy hours in the city (except for the hostess' attitude it is great!). The location for the sights downtown is excellent and easy to walk to many places or catch the bus.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sealizis

Gracious Hospitality, is a phrase which doesnt spring to mind when you check into most hotels in this era. While we inject a shot of fun with our staff, the focus is on the hospitality aspect for all guests.
Wine hour is a terrific opportunity to meet with the staff, taste some local wine and hopefully catch our very cool guitar guy - Nate June when he is playing. Come back soon and move from happy hour to dinner hour in Sazerac - the roast chicken will change your life and once you have had ours wander up the street to Tulio and give Chef Walter Pisano's Italian version a try, noting better.
Come back soon.