Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
$461
$423
  • Pool
2,472 results
All reviewswine hourgold fishmonte carlo suitesazerac restaurantfront deskwine receptionhappy hourcomplimentary winepike place marketmini barfew blockshousekeeping staffwonderful hotelking roomvalet parkingheart of downtownupon check
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I was in Seattle for a weekend to force myself to take a break from work. This hotel was the perfect blend of relaxing and celebratory atmosphere, created by the decor and amenities and service. I really appreciated the midern/efficient convenience of the fader light switches and outlets (for charging phone) right by the bed --and yet the decor somehow kept the atmosphere from being too "techy." The color scheme and luxurious materials achieved that relaxing and energizing balance that I needed!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Mandyevansak
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

The concept behind all that stuff in your guest room is that of a world traveler who had collected a variety of items from their world travels and are displaying them in their home (oh! I get it now) somehow it all works and we have guests who feel that they can cocoon in their guest rooms as they are so relaxing. I think this is a great compliment that you could find the hotel as a place for relaxation. If you add a meal in Sazerac, - it might be close to a full meal deal escape!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have stayed here a number of times and always find it absolutely perfect. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. The staff are friendly and helpful and the location downtown is close to shopping and restaurants, as well as sporting venues. Sazerac is a nice, buzzy restaurant with excellent Cajun chow. All in all, a great spot in downtown Seattle.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank BRIAN F

The location of this hotel is really terrific Brian, I should know I practically live here! The center of the city (think market and Macy's) has a little too much buzz for most people and the location of the Monaco is great in that you can get there if you want to but more importantly you can get out of it if you want to! There are some great restaurants in our area, Tulio, Bookstore Bar and Sazerac spring to mind for some reason but a long list of others can be found with our ever so friendly Concierge can get you there.
Come back soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

It was our first visit to Seattle and our stay at Monaco Hotel made it memorable. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. They were able to accommodate us in all our requests and the restaurant was amazing. We definitely plan on coming back!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank magz_lanza

Thanks for the note - the restaurant Sazerac, has been a fixture for some time and evoved from a Southern eatery to one whc has great Pacific Northwest dishes with a slight taste of the South, come back soon and give it a serious test drive!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My best endorsement would be to say I arrived at the Monaco late in the evening after two delayed flights, in the rain and wind and from the second I pulled the hotel it felt like home. Valet was on top of getting my bags, and ushering me in under an umbrella, my room was just as my preferences requested, and the front desk made a room service recommendation for a warm soup and grill cheese. DONE and DONE. I want to stop there because really I don't want to taint the fact that it was a great stay. The room was on the smaller size, but perfectly cozy. I had a good amount of work to do so laying in bed I thrilled at the brilliance of the power outlets on the side the night tables. Bathroom was average size, but traveling alone I had enough space for everything. I had a car and had planned to drive through town, so the location wasn't as big a concern, but its definitely in a business part of town. That being said theres NO view, in fact it was in the shadow of a much larger office building next door.
If your deciding amongst the Kimptons in town…Alexis is the best location, followed by Monaco with smart rooms, and then Vintage, just a block away but looks a little worn.

Room Tip: High floor, facing away for the office building
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Vanessa B
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Hey, thanks for the great note on your experience with us! this hotel actally has 17 different room types which was likely done to see if we could make the reservations agent crazy, however as a building which was converted from something else, it just turned out that way. Some of our rooms are great for 1 person some great for 4 or more, there is likely a room type fore everyone. We are located in the middle of the downtown core and yep, there are a number of buildings around us, but we also have some decent views, just depends what you are looking for. The Alexis is a great hotel and good location except for those hills, and the Vintage - is going to be the shiniest kid on the block shortly when they do a massive remodel, however one thing won't change - Tulio is the best Italian restaurant outside of Italy!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

A lovely boutique hotel in the heart of Seattle. Good proximity to shops, restaurants and Pikes Place Market. The rooms are very nice with lovely linens and well appointed bathrooms. My son loved having his very own goldfish - they will lend you one during your stay - feel free to name it!
Very friendly staff as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank westvanclan

Hello Canada, thanks for the great note, the nice thing about being a boutique hotel is the feature of being able to do what we want to make a guest feel better about staying here than one of those beige hotels. I worked for a big box hotel and one day when I heard someone at the desk yell out 'next' to the crowd of people standing in line, I really had to ponder what gracious hospitality was about. Its about making your son smile with a gold fish or hiring a street musician to play guitar while you have a glass of wine, thanks for the nice note, its why we are here.