“Very comfortable stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“Very comfortable stay”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

After having to wait more than 10 minutes at check in near 6:00pm to make sure the room I had reserved for a 3:00pm check in was indeed ready, the rest of the stay was quite pleasant. Friendly staff, the doorman is kind and has a sense of humor! What a treat, most just stay straight faced and stodgy but these guys had character. :)

Room Tip: Try not to be near the elevators.
Green Features: Who doesn't do this nowadays? I believe it is difficult to find good cleaning help these days, and the effort to eliminate multiple loads of laundry is something nearly every household in America does, it saves time and money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Fredericksburg
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here for two nights.. As an Inner Circle member was upgraded to a very nice suite.. We found the hotel to be clean and everything comfortable.. Although we found some small problems in our room (sink was slow draining) once they were reported they were quickly remedied. Staff was all very friendly and knowledgable about the city. Happy hour was, as always, great. Can't complain about this hotel. Pretty good value for a downtown hotel..

My only complaint is I asked specifically for a Kuerig coffee maker but failed to get one.. A minor issue in the big picture of things..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thanks Kimberly, we were just making sure that room was perfect for you as we know how particular you are! Thanks for the note on the guys at the door, yep a bunch of characters, you will find those same guys often work in our Sazerac restaurant where the staff have the same crazy aspects as the food! hope you made it in there as well.
Appreciate the note, come back soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My best friend and I recently spent a weekend in Seattle following a "wow, friends for 20 years we should do something cool" cruise to Alaska. And the Monaco went a long way to making it a most perfect ending to a gorgeous trip. All the staff was wonderful. My friend spoke to Peter several times before our arrival and he was always friendly and helpful.
We were able to check-in several hours early and refresh before hitting the hills of Seattle. The room was beautiful and the beds almost too comfy (we were trying to keep momentum -though we were very glad for them later, as well as the shower you could dance in). Took advantage of the free wi-fi (sign up for InTouch rewards!). After our day of wanders, we were greeted by our goldfish, Chester. This really made our day. We'd mentioned at check-in that we'd been calling our future goldy roommate, Chester McFancypants. Seeing Chester on the name sign was a truly special and appreciated touch. Thank you, Kevin!
Sunday brunch at Sazerac was delicious. I'm still thinking about that goat cheese omelet (it was especially appreciated after the dearth of tasty vegetarian options on the cruise). Loved seeing people's dogs, as was definitely missing my pets.
Just can't say enough about the sense of warmth and relaxation experienced here! I would definitely stay here again. I may just move into the Hotel Monaco in Philly in the meantime. Definitely a Kimpton Hotel fan after this experience.
I will also note that my friend received a personal response from the regional ops director after completing the customer satisfaction survey. I've never seen that before and is just another example of the pride Kimpton takes in managing customer relationships.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 12, 2013

If there is a Monaco Hotel in a city I am going to I always like to stay there. The staff is always lovely and so accomodating. The hotels are always in great shape and it is a pleasure to look forward to arriving there after a long trip.

Seattle is no exception. Lovely greeting when I arrived, helpful with information about the area. The room was great, small-ish, but fine for a solo traveller.

Location is great. Up the hill from the airport train (be aware if you are arriving with a lot of luggage and are walking up the hill from the station!). A quick cab ride to Amtrak. Walking distance to shopping, restaurants, Pike Place, Pioneer Square and major bus routes.

I asked for a wake up call very early in the morning and when I had a problem with the phone in the room and it seemed like I didn't answer, they came right upstairs and knocked on my door to make sure I was awake!

Love this place.

Green Features: They reward you for not having your room cleaned daily. If you hang a sign on the door foregoing room service, they give you a $5.00 voucher to use for room service or at the hotel restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My BF and I stayed there in a Monte Carlo Suite for 5 nights. We loved our room in addition to our fish companion they provided with their compliments. The room was very comfortable and the bedroom area had a truly relaxing ambiance. We enjoyed riding around the city on the complimentary bicycles they provided us(too many hills to climb however). Complimentary Starbucks and tea in the a.m. were an absolute bonus(BF has major caffeine addiction). The concierge, Dan, was very knowledgeable and patient when I called him numerous times prior to
arriving at the hotel trying to figure what activites we'd partake in. Also, Shanie at the front desk was an absolute delight. Very helpful and always was effervescent when we interacted with her. Sheer delight she was!!!

• Stayed August 2013
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, based on your comments everything was great except for the hills of Seattle so I was out trying to smooth them down! Thanks for the great notes, you certainly connected with two of our greatest! Shanie and Dan are quite a pair and much fun for guests and other employees alike. Hope you had time during your 5 day stay to wander into Sazerac for a cocktail or great lunch? if not there is another reason to come back!
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My fiance and i and stay here every time we need a city getaway. Everything from checkin to check out is always top notch. Staff is beyond personable and accommodations are always above par! Concierge is great too...very knowledgable of local attractions and restaurants, even though we prefer to dine at Sazerac in the hotel lobby. We have stayed (at least once) at practically every hotel in the downtown area and seem too always be drawn the Monaco and, we'll definitely be back soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelli - me too ! I always prefer Sazerac! the catfish alone will change anyone's outlook on the day! the food has an easy way which seems to make any meal a delight. There is a celary Apple salad on the lunch menu I dream of from time to time. So glad to read that you have ventured out to other hotels (we call this the dark side) and you keep coming back to us! That makes my day.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I recently had tickets to a Seahawks pre-season game and decided to go all out and stay in a hotel downtown. I've stayed at this hotel for work before, had a great experience and thought I would give it a go again.

I'm so very glad that I did! The staff was amazing (and so was the sweet golden retriever I met!)and indulged me in all of my football excitement pre and post game. Even though I have lived in this city for years - they had some great suggestions for pre and post game hangouts that were new to me and it made my experience even better.

I love this place and the staff - it is my new favorite in-town getaway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ingrid L
Ingrid, you have no idea how often I hear from guests who say that they forgot about ths or that portion of our beautiful city. Great to read that the concierge is re introcing you to some of those spots. my favorites (thanks for asking) - Tulio up the street for Italian and the Bookstore Bar down on 1st for a good Scotch and some snacks. The staff are hand picked to make the hotel even more special, glad you connected with them, come back soon.