Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Motif Seattle(Seattle)
$199
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $276/night.

$216
$189
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $269/night.

$179
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $252/night.

$281
$271
  • Pool
$269
$206
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $246/night.

$281
$251
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $292/night.

Mediterranean Inn(Seattle)
$250
$179
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

$426
$375
  • Pool
$223
$189
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $228/night.

2,486 results
All reviewswine hourgold fishmonte carlo suitesazerac restaurantfront deskwine receptionhappy hourcomplimentary winepike place marketmini barfew blockshousekeeping staffwonderful hotelking roomheart of downtownvalet parkingupon check
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Like most boutique Kimpton hotels, this is a very nice physical property and is situated in a convenient downtown location. It has the usual Kimpton features like the free wine hour, urns of iced citrus water in the lobby (love that), friendly staff, modern/retro chic decor, etc. We immediately consulted the concierge for recommendations for dining and fun places to visit, and he gave us terrific advice -- I think we tried almost every place he mentioned. Our Monte Carlo Suite was spacious, clean, and the bed was comfy. We had breakfast at their Sazerac restaurant one morning and it was delicious -- we particularly liked the interesting non-alcoholic drink concoctions offered on the menu.

The thing is, you need a good dose of patience to stay here. Most of the time you have to make requests at least twice to get them happening -- this means asking more than one person. Here are some examples:
1) Five days before our arrival, I received an email from the concierge staff asking if there were any special requests for our arrival. I emailed back that same day, requesting an early arrival as we were on a cruise ship and I knew we'd be disembarking fairly early in the morning in Seattle the day of our hotel arrival. I also said I knew this couldn't be guaranteed, but if it was possible, we'd appreciate it. I never got any response at all, so the day before our scheduled arrival, I once again emailed from the cruise ship to double-check they got my request. Still no response. The last night of our cruise, I actually ended up calling the hotel just to follow-up and finally got someone (Rachel, who was great) who confirmed the request had been made but they couldn't guarantee the early check-in. I pointed out that it would have been nice just to get a quick email back saying just what she said. It took two emails and a phone call from a cruise ship just to find out my request was made. Rachel did make good on this by giving us a free upgrade to a suite, understanding that I should not have to follow up so many times on a request, which was greatly appreciated.

2) While our concierge gave us great advice, that process required asking twice, too. He recommended a restaurant and said he'd call to make a dinner reservation for the following evening. We saw him call the restaurant and leave a message. We never heard anything after that. The next day the concierge wasn't there so we told the front desk that we were still wondering if we had a reservation for dinner or not, and then got a call back from another staff member who did make us a reservation, but there was none made the day before. When we brought this to the attention of the original concierge, he apologized but flipped through his notebook and said "oh, I guess the restaurant never called back." If that was the case, we'd have appreciated him leaving us a message so that we could have followed up with the restaurant ourselves, or perhaps he could have called the restaurant back before he left for the day.

3) On our first night we were watching TV and the back housing just fell off the TV. The next morning we told the front desk about this and they noted it, but when we returned that evening still it hadn't been fixed. It did get fixed after, you guessed it, we told someone again.

4) Sazerac had a great breakfast. It took two requests for my hubby to get some toast, though.

Everyone was really friendly, which was great, but I must say I also prize accuracy and efficiency in hospitality staff. If this place could get that aspect of a guest's stay attended to, it could be a really excellent place instead of a very good one!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

thanks Anne, appreciate knowing all the good times you had with the concierge and staff, the city is crazy busy this time of year - from restaurants to traffic there is so much going on that we find it hard to keep up. Great to read of all the positive and the follow up needed with those details. hope your travels were all you dreamed they would be, you are a long way from New Jersey!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I spent a few nights at Hotel Monaco with my Mum in May 2013. We have stayed at a number of Kimpton hotels previously and the Hotel Monaco definitely lived up to the standard of other properties. Check in was seamless and we were on one of the club floors. Nice touch having an elevator that is direct to the upper floors. The room was well decorated and quirky. The beds were very comfortable...a good nights sleep was had.
On the 2nd day, we noticed a strong smell of cigarette smoke. After coming back later in the morning the smell was still around. We advised the front desk and found the way the front desk dealt with our concerns was very professional. They were already aware of the situation and did what they could to make our stay a great one.
Its nice while travelling to seeing all the other hotel guests dogs...makes it feel more homely.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Petesyd2204
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thanks so much for the great comments! We were delighted to read that you felt right at home with the staff, the decor and the dogs (guessing you are a dog person!) You are so correct, if you have an issue at a hotel, just get down to the front desk and let them know, we aim to please and will get it done!
Come back soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The people make this property - though the property is wonderful too. I stay exclusively at Kimptons and this one did not disappoint. Ethan, Kevin and Peter at the front desk were terrific. As a female business traveler they could not have been more helpful. One gets an old world hospitality feel at the Monaco Seattle. For so many hotels these days it is just "next." Not here. I was so pleased by my experience that I rebooked it for an upcoming family holiday. Yesterday I called with some questions - which reminded me that I had not written a review. Karen, the front desk manager could not have been more helpful and was genuinely excited that I was returning with my family. As with many city Kimptons, this is a renovation of an earlier property so the outside is nondescript. The inside is an oasis - high ceilings. fun ocean themed decor and typically great Kimpton room. However, the reason I will return is the people. Bravo on customer service that exceeded my expectations, even for a Kimpton.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Wow, that is great that you would trust us enough with your upcoming plans! What a team, you picked several of those top players - Ethan, Kevin and Peter all exemplify the very best of the staff that we enlist to care for your time with us. I tell the staff frequently we arent just checking guests in and out we are making memories! Delighted that Karen at the desk is setting up your next stay - dinner in Sazerac would top off the experience!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I were here July 8-10 and couldn't have been happier. Walked to Pike Place and Safeco Field. Pet accomodations were excellent. Room was beautiful. Staff was amazing! Will definitely make this our Seattle hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank BigMako

Dear Big Mako!
Thanks for the nice notes, and hope that you will come back and see us soon - lets raise a glass or two at wine hour!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

At check-in my fiancee and I were commenting on the goldfish program and how you could get one sent to your room. Unfortunately none were available and didn't really want one anyways but the front desk called us later just to double check if we wanted a goldfish and if we did, they could make it happen. We declined but the offer showed that Kimpton and it's employees at Hotel Monaco Seattle actually care about their guests and pay attention to their needs. (Even if you mention something in passing!)

Lastly, I love the fact that they allow pets, it's make the hotel less sterile and more like home. And you couldn't even guess they allow pets because it is SO clean and new smelling! Such a great property and hotel group in general. We can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlaskaGrownGal

Thanks for this, I believe that is a specialty of Kimpton hotels, you are not just another room number you actually the a chance to connect with the staff and the hotel. I am sorry that we were out of goldfish - we have about 100 of them, but they are very popular with families and travelers however they do tell stories of their adventures when we put them back in the big tank.
Come back from Alaska soon and make it a perfect stay with dinner in Sazerac, - the roast chicken will change your life!