Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Hotel Seattle(Seattle)
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
2,461 results
All reviewswine hourgold fishmonte carlo suitesazerac restaurantfront deskwine receptionhappy hourcomplimentary winepike place marketmini barfew blockshousekeeping staffwonderful hotelking roomvalet parkingheart of downtownupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just stayed one night, we're familiar with Kimpton Hotels but not this one.

Fantastic room, great helpful staff, and wonderful location close to Pike Place Market, Nordys and everything you need. EVERYBODY had a smile here! Wine hour (as all Kimptons have) and great restaurant too.

Concierge Peter helped us in many ways. Thanks, Peter!

1  Thank Howie9999
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Anytime! There are 60 great Kimpton hotels across the land and you might want to make it a hobby to stop in at all of them and compare! you will find that not only does each Kimpton have great style and standard fun items like wine hours and gold fish, but a dedication to making your stay different and better than all those beige hotels. Guys like Peter here at the Monaco are hand picked for their attitudes and willingness to 'do' thanks for the great notes, come back soon!
Tom.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I decided to get away from the family and have a little adult time. Using that popular bidding web site, we were able to secure a 4 star hotel for around $100/night. Location is good in downtown Seattle. Walking distance to plenty of major sights, shops and restaurants. Valet parking is necessary and very expensive.

Check-in was efficient. Staff if friendly. The property is clean and well lit. Free wine tasting in the lobby (although the wines on our dates were not that good).

Room was spacioius and nicely decorated. Kimpton has a bad habit of displaying far too much that is for sale in the rooms. Examples include the $20 stuffed otter on the bedspread, the mini bar and snacks that were prominently displayed, and the leopard print bathrobes.

The sofa/couch that was in our room was far too low to be comfortable. The bath tub was too shallow for a soaking/relaxing bath. Topping things off on the room complaint list was the pump soap, shampoo and conditioner. I classify this as "tacky". It may be cost efficient and perhaps environmentally friendly, but it doesn't portray elegance.

We had drinks and an appetizer in the hotel bar. Another opportuntiy to experience furniture that is way too low to the ground. My knees and back hurt after sitting at a bar table for about 1 hour. Wife had a beer (pilsner) that was recommended by server. The beer was good. I had a gin & tonic. Good gin (than you). We ordered the mussels/clams. I thought it had far too much fennel and not enough bread. Flavor was good. Wife complained that there was a strong iodine aftertaste. Later that night, she threw up. Guess she was right about the taste.

We did not eat in the restaurant as ther alder wood fire in the kitchen gave off an unplesant smell in the entire restaurant. We slept well and had no issue with comfort of the bed. Coffee was available in the morning. We passed on that as there was a Starbucks next door.

Overall, we had a good experience.Would I return? Not sure. If they could fix the low furniture issues and remedy the mussles/clams issue, I'd consider it. Wife is holind out for deeper bathtub or a jacuzzi in the rooms.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better to minimize street noise.
1  Thank Barisarius

Happy with Qurky. its a nice change for 99 percent of the guests who stay with us and recognize that often they wake up in a hotel room and ponder 'where am I and why does this room look like all the other rooms?" I hope you brought the issue with the mussels to someones attention, not a comment that i frequently read about. The pizza ovens and their smell from the burning wood is a little odd as we dont use wood in them, will have to check that one out. We have 2 other Kimptons in the city and I hope you might consider the Alexis or the Vintage Park for your next visit, seems like we are close to making you a loyal Kimptonite and that is always our goal!
Tom.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My stay in Seattle was made more memorable by staying at such a great hotel. From all the friendly staff, to the spacious rooms, to the very good restaurant on-site, and the central location in the city the Hotel Monaco Seattle made my trip even better. The hotel is only a block away from the light rail, so getting to the hotel from the airport was a breeze. Since the hotel is centrally located it was also very easy to walk to Pike Place Market, Pioneer Square, Safeco Field and the numerous ferries. Also the stay was bought to another level with a free happy hour each night which included free wine, beer, sangria and appetizers. I hope everyone else gets to enjoy an experience like mine not only in Seattle, but also at the Hotel Monaco Seattle.

I also received a free bottle of wine by checking in on Yelp which may not seem like a big deal, but the staff was so friendly when I showed them I checked in and they sent the wine right up to the room. I know sometimes when you get something for free anywhere a staff member may give you a dirty look or pretend they don't know about a special. But not at the Hotel Monaco Seattle, they instantly knew about the free bottle of wine for checking in and was very happy to send it to our room.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The entire stay was excellent. From check in to check out the staff was nice, quick and helpful. Love wine hour, coffee in the morning and fruit infused water all day. Rooms were spacious and the location was perfect, walking distance to everything!

Room Tip: King Deluxe was perfect for two people for a long weekend.
1  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip

Room was on the 11th floor.

Decor was a little different but the room was very roomy and comfortable

Staff was great and very willing to help with directions or suggestions.

Arrived late and was able to get thin crust pizza in their resturant. Was very good

Overall great stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business