“Wow”

GreenLeadersGold level
Shropshire, United Kingdom
“Wow”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Now this hotel knows what its doing.
We were on the executive floor (Floor 11 room 11143)
We were greeted in the room by cheeses and crackers. I have never seen a hotel so clean. The room was amazing from the decor to the toiletries, dressing gown, slipper socks, tv, safe, hairdryer, mini bar, bath and shower. Perfect air con.
The breakfast is amazing. The staff are a dream and helpful, Sadly we were only there for 2 night, I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: I dont think there are ant bad ones
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Actually I bet the General Manager (me) must know what he is doing! actually we have just been fortunate to have hired a large number of happy, service minded people who really like working here. We try and make it fun and keep everyone smiling and it shows from the door guys to the ladies up on the floor who keep those rooms darn clean.
The breakfast in Sazerac is about as good as it gets, there is a dish called Eggs in Hell, which can only set your day off in the right direction. Come back soon!
Tom.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend trip, and were not dissapointed. The hotel is warm and welcoming, the rooms have comfortable beds, and the on site restaurant is great!

The hotel is in a perfect location, just up the street from the pike place market! Central to everything really!

My only suggestion is to request a room on the street side, otherwise you will be looking across an alley into an office building.

All in all, it's a great hotel!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Your title says it all! great location and great people! the hotel sits just out of the craziness of the market area, we are much quieter up the hill. The on site restauarant is Sazerac, perfect for a cocktail before heading out to the theatre (5th Ave theatre about a block) or stay put and enjoy pacific Northwest cuisine with a Southern flare - the catfish alone will change your life! Come back soon!
Camas, Washington
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We only stayed for one Saturday night but left feeling like we were valued regulars. I've read up on many of the reviews here and feel that travelers must READ the hotel details in order to have a satisfying stay. The hotel is priced very well for the central location, excellent decor, extremely gracious staff and the ease of having a hardworking valet securely park your car. Many other high-end hotels in the area appear worn out - but the Hotel Monaco is fresh, clean and has a youthful vibe. Every guest that I saw was smiling and relaxed, which made me feel the same. There is obviously great attention to details - including wonderful dog beds and bowls. Note to dog owners - the Freeway Park is about two blocks away but is a very nice grassy, well landscaped park. Since this is a business district, so there are very few spots for pets otherwise. But it was a pleasant and easy walk. So our trip was excellent!!!

Room Tip: Note - room windows do not open but air flow in the room was great. Windows are large for lots of li...
Thanks for the nice note about the smiles and the staff! they are a pretty happy bunch and it shows with every guest who stays with us. - and dogs! we love 'em our founder Bill Kimpton would always travel with his and struggle finding a place where he could stay with Fido, soooo he made it a policy to always welcome them, and we do. (the occasional cat makes it in here too). Come back soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Hotel Monaco is a conveniently located, well-maintained hotel in Seattle with a friendly staff. When I checked in, I was given a complimentary upgrade to a a very spacious, clean, and nicely appointed suite with a very comfortable bed.

Within minutes of settling in, the front desk called to ensure everything was in order in the room and asked if I needed anything. The following morning, I needed a late check-out time, and they obliged without penalty. The staff was helpful in finding taxis, making local recommendations, and storing my things after check-out. I would highly recommend the Hotel Monaco.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2013

4 of us travelled to Seattle for Black Friday shopping...what a awesome stay. The service was excellent from the time we entered until the time we left. The staff were great and also gave us some great suggestions for dinner.Loved the rooms and very clean too. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here for 6 days for a family vacation, all adults. This hotel is conveniently located within walking distance from the LINK light rail station (5 min walk), in between Pioneer Square and Pike Place Market (10-15 min walk) thus both tourist locations are within short walking distances, and near car rental locations (Alamo, National). It does get a little quieter at night compared to a few blocks down at the PIke Place Market, but that didn't bother us at all.

Our room was on the 7th floor near the elevator faces another building at the back (south). Thus we didn't have any view from our windows at all. This didn't really bother us since we were out for most of the day. The room was booked via Hotwire. There was no noise concerns whatsoever and we all managed to sleep through the nights. We got 2 comfortable queen size beds in our room. I wouldn't say the room is spacious compared to 2 other hotels that I've seen/stayed in downtown Seattle since there wasn't much space between the end of the bed and the desk in the room. If you pull the chair out, it leaves pretty much no space to walk. The room was generally clean except the bathroom when we first checked into the room. Housekeeping should pay more attention to the walls inside the shower and the bathtub since I found multiple strands of hair on the wall and in the bathtub. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it and didn't complain to the front desk. But it was kinda gross and I did question about the cleanliness at other parts of the room not visible to the eyes. Other than that, other parts of the room in general look relatively clean.

Staffs at the front desks were extremely friendly. Complimentary coffee/tea were served in the lobby in the morning which was convenient for those on the go. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others for its location and convenience. I'd give this a 5* if they pay closer attention to the cleanliness of the room.

The walls are nicely decorated. The next few lines are just random observation: Why would anyone put a piece of art/photo right behind a TV? I'm not an artsy person, but the 1 large + 2 small pieces of art pieces placed next to each other on the wall with one small one right behind the tv did not please the eyes since they could have been placed at better locations in the room :)

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor near the elevator and facing another building in the back (south side). I...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

So I stayed at this hotel for May long weekend and it was very nice, the location was good if you want to go downtown lots and not bother driving. Valet was 40$ which to me seemed a bit outrageous, but I guess it kinda matched the cost of the room.

The room was very clean, tidy, lots of space but for the amount of money you spend the bathroom wasn't anything to be excited about. The tub was tiny and it was just meh. The resteraunt downstairs was good, and the staff were great. However, I don't think I would come back, unless the price per night dropped

• Stayed May 2013