Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
$489
$423
  • Pool
2,473 results
All reviewswine hourgold fishmonte carlo suitesazerac restaurantfront deskwine receptionhappy hourcomplimentary winepike place marketmini barfew blockshousekeeping staffwonderful hotelking roomvalet parkingheart of downtownupon check
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is right in the middle of downtown Seattle, which makes it very convenient; however, the sound proofing leaves something to be desired (I could hear the gentleman coughing in the room next door. I also called for room service breakfast in the morning but got the front desk with a promise of a return call from room service. 20 minutes later that call came, and it was too late. The front desk was very apologetic and offered me a free breakfast in the restaurant, but I was off to meetings. Overall, the staff is nice and the hotel is very clean. I would stay there again, but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Wow you must have been in a hurry! passing up a free breakfast in Sazerac is only done when you have something serious to get to! Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner Sazerac is the place, the eggs in hell will start your day off perfectly! Listen in every hotel there are a million chances to get it right and sometimes we get it wrong, but we were sincere in making it up to you I dont really know why you didnt get that call back but its not the norm.. I can't apologize for a noisy neighbor in your hotel room, but a call to us downstairs will also get that fixed. The location, yep - pretty good set up, the hotel overall makes guests smile. Come back and give us another chance!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Once again, an amazing weekend in Seattle at The Hotel Monaco. Took my girls this time and the three of us had a blast! Room was stylish and impeccably clean, all staff was incredible friendly and ready to help with any needs we had. Easter morning brunch at Sazerac was incredible…the best ever! Will definitely do this again soon and wouldn't stay at any other hotel in Seattle!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I keep reading about these girls weekends at the hotel, what a brilliant idea, whether it be family or a group of friends, the connecting rooms and brilliant atmosphere in Sazerac would make any spot a party! The Vintage Park up the street also seems like a terrific setting for this program. I am setting my wife, her mother and sister up here to go and see a show at the 5th Avenue, then dinner in Tulio. - doesnt get much better. Think about it!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

What a great hotel. I had a hell of a deal through Priceline, but even without the great value I received, I would stay here all over again on a normal rate.
Let me start with what a difference well trained staff make, they were engaging and very helpful right from the start. I went with my toddler son, so they insisted on bringing a goldfish into the room, which my son was really excited about. They also gave us free wifi, which was fast and great to have.
The room was comfy, spacious, and clean.
Location was great.
Parking was a bit pricey, but I stayed on a Sunday so took advantage of free street parking.

Loved this Kimpton hotel, would recommend to anyone going to Seattle.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Sometimes you just get lucky on Priceline, sometimes you dont, so next time just go to our website and check out not only the great rates but also the great specials and packages! There are so many advantages to going to Kimpton hotels.com and checking it out vs. one of those other web channels. We love kids, and the kids love the goldfish - let us know and we will get you one. Heck I have even sold them to guests who couldnt stand to leave their new best friend here with us. We have a giant tank in the basement which allows them to hang with their friends, they have a pretty good gig. Thanks for the note, come back soon!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I ended up staying at the Hotel Monaco from a Priceline deal and we couldn't have been more happy. Right from the valet, to checking in, to the complimentary wine service from 5-6 everyone was helpful and friendly.

The hotel gives you the option to forego housekeeping services in exchange for a $5 coupon at the restaurant for dine-in or in room service. We used it to have room service one of the nights and it arrived quickly and the food was excellent. We had one of the wood fired oven pizzas. One thing to note was that with room service there is an auto 18% gratuity and a $3 delivery charge added, which is fine. However, when the bill arrives there is a line for adding a further gratuity. This isn't a big deal but can make people feel uncomfortable in not wanting to add an additional gratuity on top of the 18% already added.

The concierge was great in helping us and when a taxi was taking too long we were able to take the hotel town car which was very reasonable priced and the driver was great as well.

The rooms are excellently decorated and the beds are quite comfortable. We had a nice view of the Seattle Library. There did seem to be some noise from adjacent rooms but I believe that was just due to some loud neighbors. It didn't affect our sleep.

Overall the Hotel Monaco was an excellent place to stay and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Wow, thanks for all the great notes about your stay here! the staff really focus on trying to create a positive moment with each staff member and making a memory. From Wine hour to your notes about our Choose to Conserve program where you get a pass on housekeeping for a little bump in Sazerac, you covered all the great points here at the Monaco Hotel Seattle!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have stayed at this property twice since going to Seattle for business. I am familiar with Kimpton properties and really do enjoy staying at their hotels when the opportunity comes about.
The service at the hotel is pretty top notch and always available without any hassle. Plus they are friends of animal owners which goes a long way with me.
So here goes the review. Overall I do really like this hotel. I like the location of it. It's not in the most busy part of downtown Seattle but yet there are still restaurants and bars in walking distance, which for me is a big deal for me. Since the only time I get to enjoy a city is at night, I have to rely on nightlife to entertain me. When I'm not working or out and about, it's nice returning to this hotel and their rooms. I find them inviting and comfortable.
I like the fact that if you ask, they will provide a goldfish for your room which being on the road can be a nice little life to come back to after working a 12 hour day.
I also like the restaurant and feel that the food is pretty good. BUT my only real gripe is more with the restaurant than with the hotel. Being that I was staying at the hotel for business over the weekend, I wish the restaurant opened earlier or there was a way to get breakfast since I think it doesn't open until 8am and I usually have to leave to go on location at 8. I like to have a full breakfast when I can before the day begins since I never know when lunch will happen. Having the restaurant open this late on the weekends is no good for me. At least if they could start room service earlier and than open the restaurant for guests, I would be totally for that.
Besides that, I would stay here again when I return to Seattle. As much as I would like to try others in Seattle, I feel like this one fits my needs (sans breakfast issue) best.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business