“Just Fabulous!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Bellingham
“Just Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hotel Monaco is the best! My husband and I always make this our destination for travels to Seattle. The check in is always prompt and friendly. The rooms are charmingly appointed, quiet and restful -- even in the midst of the busy city. It's a great location to walk to all the Seattle sights from the Pike Market to Pioneer Square. Shopping and dining are right at your fingertips. We adore the restaurant whether for a delicious breakfast, in-room dining or a romantic dinner. Everything is fresh and delicious. The best part of all is that everyone makes our little dog feel right at home. We are always comfortable and happy at the Monaco. We even spent Christmas there not long ago. It was very festive! Based on this hotel, I'd trust any Kimpton property to be equally lovely.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room here and I've stayed in several. They all are excellent.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
You and your furry friend are welcome anytime! thanks for noting the amazing experience in Sazerac, the food whether breakfast lunch or dinner, can pretty much make anyone's day better! I was in there this morning and treated myself to 'eggs in hell' which pretty much is the best way to start a day. Our location is the best for exploring Seattle. If you have been around you know that the hills here are only second to the Alps for a good climb and we are at the top!
Tom W.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
NWT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed her in December for 4 nights with family, for business.
Our check in was delayed by hours (even after the regular check in time), and there was a mix up with the bill upon check out.
The room was a good size, and the bed was comfortable.
We had obnoxious neighbours for our last night as there was some sort of domestic-ish dispute happening next door....for a couple of hours...Called the front desk 3 times, and finally they came.
The hotel is in a fantastic location, and the restaurant has a good happy hour with delicious food. The evening wine tasting at Monaco is a nice touch as well.
I was kind of disappointed when comparing this property to Portland, as we had a fantastic stay there.
There just seems to be something missing here...It's a little cookie cutter, and not quite the well oiled machine/ excellent service that I was hoping for. People just didn't seem to like working here...I think "meh" describes the vibe.

On the upside, the secret word is a cool idea, and we got a nice little goodie bag when we mentioned it at check in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cubabound2008
thanks for the note, a couple of updates for you and the reading public. The domestic dispute was just that - and we were on this one as we would be with any issue late at night on the first call. One of the things you can't control when you stay in a hotel is what your neighbors are going to be like, its not like home. We were on the floor 2 minutes after this lovely couple started their battle and while you called 3 times we were there before you hung up from your first call. I did a poll with some of the staff and they all report that they love working here, as do I ! hope you will come back and give us another try, a zillion people have great reaction to what we do everyday, and just bet you will too!
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

It is a great location and is very easy to walk anywhere downotwn. The staff were very helpful and great with recommedations. The only downside was the walls were a little thin and we could hear alot from the room next to us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the great note on the location and how easy it is to connect to the city! We are very lucky to be in the center of it all and the easy walk to the market, shopping and monorail. If you are a interested in one of the top 10 architectural building marvels in the country (honest, would i make that up/) its there outside our door - the library is pretty impressive inside and out.
Unlike home you cant always pick your neighbors when you travel, some guests just forget that through 4 inches of concrete some one might be sleeping. but appreciate your comments.
calgary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Good location, easy walking to downtown and attractions. Check in was painfully slow and although the staff was very pleasant, it should not take as long as it did to check in. They did accommodate our connecting room request which was greatly appreciated. In one of our rooms the washroom sink had hair in it and on one of our beds was more hair. Quite disgusting! The fitness room was closed down which we never told when we booked our rooms. The restaurant was also closed for the evening that we were there for, again we were not told about this until we checked in. We did try the restaurant for breakfast and the food was excellent and the service was really good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Great to read that you liked the location of the hotel, we are in the heart of the City and so close to all the best bits of Seattle. I am guessing that your arrival delay was associated with trying to accomodate your connecting room request, we only have a few rooms that do and sometimes its like moving around a chessboard to get guests the rooms they want and need. I am hoping you made a straight line to call down about those unusual items in your room, our housekeeping department would have been frantic about something like that happening. Yes! we have just renovated our in house fitness center, but while it was closed we did offer free access to that amazing club just down the street which even most Olympians would be excited about. Glad you liked the visit, come back soon!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I travel a lot and decided to try the Monaco. This hotel is gorgeous the rooms are good size with a nice big bathroom. The beds are very comfortable. I do think this hotel has an AMAZING staff everyone was a pleasure to come in contact with. However $39.00 a night is ridiculous for parking. If your a light sleeper this is NOT the hotel for you. I had the pleasure of listening to some young ladies talk about their night at 5 am for an hour, then the next night was some up again and heard the ladies make their plans the sight see and shop all day. I really do mean I heard every word.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Actually this hotel is great for all types of sleepers! I pretty much live here and its a rare day when there is a problem with guests talking too loudly, but if you have some inconsiderate neighbors, pick up the phone! we are here for you 24/7 to make certain that you dont have a bad night! Many guests come from the nice quiet suburbs and forget that life in the big city can be a little noisy, cars to seagulls you get a true city experience at the Monaco or any city center hotel. The parking charge is the same parking charge you will find for a secure, underground parking with in and out opportunities at no charge, its a small price to pay for safe, secure and the chance to meet our oh so friendly Bellguys!
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I don't know where to begin. Being an Inner Circle member, was upgraded to the Ambassador Suite at registration. After I was in the room for about half an hour, Rachel, the front desk agent called to make sure everything was okay. Dan, with room service, brought me up some welcome amenities. Dan made me see that nobody at Hotel Monaco limits their self by their job function. Dan was very friendly, and offered suggestions on what to do that night.

Back to the Ambassador Suite... it was immaculately clean. The room had style (many things I would like to copy at home). Who ever did the interior design is a genius. Both the closet and the bathroom were huge. The view from the room was...eh, but I i didn't care because the room was so amazing.

The first night I was there, there was live music at wine hour. The music was amazing. There was a magician at the second wine night. I was looking for something to do. Daniel, the concierge, was very helpful. He offered some verbal suggestions, and then printed me an entire list of everything happening. I finally decided on one of his first suggestions that ended up being amazing.

I read in these reviews of many people complaining about the high parking rates. Do yourself a favor and leave your car at home. You don't need it. The light rail station is just over a block away. Also near are a couple of bus stops that will take you anywhere in Seattle.

My only complaint is that Rachel doesn't work every day. Everybody else is great, but she has been the most pleasant desk agent I've every dealt with.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
if you go to our web site you can apply for a job here, and like I do, pretty much live here! thanks so much for your shout out to Rachel, she is a great asset to the hotel and makes everyone smile. Dan the Man our Concierge knows everyone and everything about the city, good work making both of them work for you! I hope Dan directed you into Sazerac for the meal worth making a trip for, or up the street to Tulio which will change the way you feel about Italian, Northern, Southern or anytime! Thanks for all your kind notes, you made my day!
Maple Ridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We chanced our stay in Seattle by booking through Priceline. The Monaco.....never heard of it. Lets give it a go! Boutique hotel is correct. Parking out front was hell but the valets take the pain out, even though it is pricey. We checked in quickly and they were handing out wine in the front gathering room. My kind of hotel. Thought I was at a friends home. The staff were engaging and extremely friendly and helpfull. The room was perfect for us. I agree the acoustics are bad but no issues overnight. 'Serving the young and affluent'. Well they missed us on both counts but I would go back for location, service and quality. I should mention they are VERY dog friendly if you are in need. Great job! God bless America for your attitude in the service industry.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple