“Comfortable”

GreenLeadersGold level
Burnaby BC
“Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel is very comfortable, clean and funky. The staff were fantastic and very friendly. The restaurant had a great vibe on Friday night and the breakfast was excellent. I don't have anything negative to say and we will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: Using AAA gives you a credit for the restaurant.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I like it when guests call the hotel funky, as an older guy it makes me feel like a hipster. Sazerac has a great vibe and the food cannot be beat, Northwest cuisine with a Southern flare, yep its a Kimpton. We do the same gig in our catering and banquet services, talk about a cool wedding idea.
Tom.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
British Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I thought this was a great hotel. The room was enormous and really well equipped. The massive windows were a great treat. The size and scale of everything felt really luxurious and fun...gave it an out of the ordinary feel. The decor is certainly eclectic, but works. For me the value was excellent because I used priceline (but was still able to use my Kimpton In Touch membership for Internet, if not to collect points). I thought the staff I dealt with were exceptionally helpful and lovely. The place had a very laid-back feel that I appreciated...unusual, i think, for a downtown/business district hotel. Didn't eat in the restaurant...tried to go in there for a drink but it was super-bright and lacked ambiance so we went to dark and moody wine bar down the block. Overall, I thought this was a great find and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Whew, for a moment I thought you found the dark and moldy wine bar down the block, dont ask but also dont go there. Thanks for the great note, this building like so many Kimptons is a rehab of an older office building (talk about recycling). so all the rooms are different shapes and sizes, I just discovered one with a small staircase to the bathroom.... Sazerac is a very cool place for dinner or a drink and the energy there is contagious. a quieter spot is up the street at our Vintage Park hotel - Tulio - you will finally be able to say you have found the best Italian in the world.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I just spent a few days at the Hotel Monaco Seattle during a mini-vacay with my 15 month old daughter. I was thoroughly impressed not just by the hotel but by the staff and the level of service. When I checked in, they anticipated my need for a crib and larger room as I was traveling with a toddler. Everyone I interacted with was smiling, happy and clearly enjoyed their work. I felt they had a genuine desire to make my stay a great one and went above and beyond to make sure my daughter and I were comfortable. I have no problem recommending this hotel to others and it will definitely be my hotel of choice on my next trip to Seattle.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much! as a parent with a couple of kids I have tried to put together fun ideas for parents and kids, while we dont have a pool, the experience for them should be more than just sitting in the room watching Sponge Bob. The monaco is a visual place and honestly pretty fun for kids. My boy dreams of the mini burger sliders served in Sazerac, and yep ole Dad here is a big fan as well. Come back soon.
Bellingham, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I had an overnight stay at the Hotel Monaco for a short getaway. The service received throughout the stay was fantastic! From the valet (Thanks Geoff!), to the front desk, wine service, room service...everyone is very friendly! The room was large, and very well decorated. The bed was very comfortable, and the pillows - oh those pillows!! Great night of sleep! We attended the free wine hour at 5pm, and were greeted and brought a glass of our chosen wine. They had a white and red option, as well as a spiced bourbon cider. The service, again, was great, friendly, and fast! Served in the main lobby of the hotel, next to the fireplace. A nice way to spend an hour. We also ordered room service at 1:30am....this was probably the only thing I found wrong with this stay. Although the 24-hour room service menu stated you could have what was there, we were informed that they "didn't have the cheese" to make a grilled cheese sandwich?? However, the turkey sandwiches we got instead had cheese...hmmm.... The turkey sandwich was supposed to come with (according to their menu) Tim's Cascade chips and a pickle. We got a deconstructed turkey sandwich, which was nice so we could dress it the way we wanted, with tortilla chips,...and no pickle. So late night room service wasn't up to par. However, it was delivered very quickly. Just not what we expected to be getting. Checkout was done with ease. They have express checkout in the room, we checked out at noon, and made our way to the valet. Tried to call ahead for the pick up of our car, however, they were so busy they couldn't answer. We went down and had a 15 minute wait for our car, however, the gentlemen working the valet were hustling! I saw them running each time they went to get a car...so it was just an unfortunate circumstance of timing. However, be prepared to pay for your parking....$39 for overnight parking. Pretty standard for Seattle, but I was surprised nonetheless. I realized as we got on I-5 that I had left some jewelry in the safe, they were very accomodating, and said they would have a tech run up and grab it and have it waiting at the front desk for me when I got back. And it was! Very quick and nice service! I would stay here again! During the day we walked around quite a bit, within walking distance to all of the major stores downtown, and Westlake Center. Great location!

2 Thank Michelle S
Come back and I will personally deliver that promised grilled cheese! not 100 percent sure what was happening there but great that you did like the turkey. Hey, your review is so great and covers so much territory and pictures! all I can do here is just say thanks and come back soon. Bellingham is 90 minutes away and we are great escape!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ecclectic, Quirky, Royal touches, comfortable. Large double room, neat bath with monogrammmed shower curtains. Decor has many ranges from colored wallpaper to tile in bath. Spa, gym, downstairs. Le Bain products for the skin all over the place-complementary. Sazerac restaurant on 1st floor open to the public. Try the brunch. OMG. Walk to Pikes Market is less than 10 great min. Starbucks just 70ft from the hotel front door. Pet friendly floors. You'll never know their there. No smell at all. Valet pkng. I think it was $25 a day? Will stay again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank TexasTX
Any hotel can slap the name boutique on the front of it but only a few deliver. The difference between our hotel and all the others is that here you arent just a room number, we work hard to treat you as a guest. Glad you tried Sazerac for brunch, they really get it right in there. I had brunch with my wife last weekend and the menu hit all the points, it was just a great time with great food.
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Best experience, as a whole, I could have ever imagined!! From the concierge, valet, reservations, room, amenities, hospitality.......didn't want to leave! The goldfish in our room was such a nice treat, we even named him......Stanley!

Sazerac has the best wait staff! Dan and Jessie are so accommodating with drinks and food, great bloody marys!!

Kelli and Dustin

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stanley misses you. He told us you had a great time and that you were raving about Sazerac, never mentioned your love of Bloody Marys though, so that secret is safe! We are a fun escape for a romantic weekend, Valentines really can be anytime. We have another hotel up the street called the Vintage Park which is notoriously romantic, put it on your to do list!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I booked the Ambassador Suite for my wife and I for Valentines Day. They had the best prices in the area. The hotel it self was amazing. The best room I've ever stayed in. We were on the 11th floor with great views. The room was huge, big wall to wall windows with nice wood shutters, full couch, two flat screen tv's, and a king size bed. The staff was great, friendly and willing to do anything to make the stay the best experience possible. Absolutely loved it.

I would reccomend to everyone. If I ever come back to Seattle I am staying at the Monaco!

• Stayed February 2013
Well if you are staying in the Ambassador Suite then I can see how you would feel that this is the best hotel ever. It is a favorite of visiting stars to the city but I am sworn to never mention it. the best thing about the Ambassador suite is that it has a TV the size of a Volvo in it, life simply doesnt get any better. Great rooms are our specialty, but this one is way cool.