“Great weekend getaway!”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #7 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at Hotel Monaco and each experience has been wonderful! I love the room decor and the beds are so very comfortable.

We enjoyed the wine reception in the lobby and from there we just walked right next door to Sazerac. You got to love a happy hour that goes until 8pm and has a great selection of food and drinks.

This hotel is my first pick for staying in the downtown area. The staff, the location and the rooms just can't be beat.

Room Tip: Make sure and become a Kimpton rewards member. You get complimentary wifi and a free item from the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

You are taking away all my talking points, but what the heck better you the guest than me! The key mention here is Sazerac. We are a hotel and restuarant company and pretty much know what we are doing! The combo of Northwest and Southern cuisine makes just the best off beat experience and no one leaves un happy. Another great Kimpton a block away - the Vintage Park, and Tulio will make even the worst business trip a positive experience. Thanks for the great note, come back soon!
Tom .

Write a ReviewReviews (2,427)

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Monaco in February, 2013 with our Yorkie. The hotel was very nice, we stayed in one of the Mediterranean rooms with the deep tub. The room was large and very comfortable. This hotel was amazing for staying with a dog. They don't charge a fee, the staff is nice to the pets, etc. They have a wine tasting in the lobby from 5-6 every night which is nice. The hotel restaurant is great.
My wife and I had a nice three day weekend getaway, and will probably stay here on our next Seattle visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in 901, which is a Mediterranean room I think. Very little noise. Bathtub was awesome...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

The hotel has about 17 different room types and some have the deep soaker tubs. O1 rooms dont have much of a view but are huge, very quiet and then there is that tub thing. Yorkie or Pony we love them all and nope, there isnt a charge, just a couple of rules. So glad you shared your great experience with us, come back soon.,

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is not only beautiful, but it is close to everything, and reasonably priced. There is a wine hour nightly and Starbucks coffee served in the lobby in the morning.
The rooms are wonderfully decorated, and the bathrooms spacious.
The staff was great, and if you forget something (toothbrush, shaving cream, etc. they are quick to deliver it to you free of charge.
Kimpton Hotels are my favourite!

Room Tip: choose a suite if you can
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Kimpton hotels are my favorite too! we now have 60 hotels across the country and opening several more this year. You can always find the latest and greatest hotels opening by going to our website kimptonhotels.com and checking out the great deals, information and what is happening at the restaurant each month. This hotel was recently renovated and really is beautiful! Thanks for staying with us, we appreciate our neighbors to the North putting up with the border to come down and visit us anytime!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just back from enjoying BC’s first family day long weekend at the Monaco. Another great visit. Renovations are amazing, the new common area looks great and the rooms are fabulous. Bed and linens comfortable and clean. Traveled with our wiener dog who LOVES this hotel, and getting to attend the wine social with us. Staff were friendly and accommodating as usual. After I was at the gym the first morning, I asked the front desk to have the exercise balls filled up with air as they were flat, and was happy to see that was taken care of by the next morning when I returned to the guy. Valets were very accommodating as I had to ask them twice (whoops) to go to our car to retrieve something I had forgotten. Always enjoy Sezerac and they have happy hour until 8pm. I am not sure if it is new program, but our friends had a card they could put on their door, which if they didn’t need housekeeping to come in, the hotel gave a 5 dollar coupon to use for in room dining or in Sezerac. We didn’t have one to put on our door but they had an extra. Works awesome for us as with the dog often kenneled in the room in the morning when the housekeeping would come, we normally ask them to not come in anyways. So we had an extra $10 credit for breakfast in bed, on top of the fabulous room rate we got and the $10 raid the mini bar for being an in touch member. You just can’t beat it! Will be back as soon as we can manage!

Room Tip: We were in room 207 and it was great. Our friends were in 217 and it was an disabled access room, wh...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Wow, you hit on all the right notes for the hotel! I was speaking to some staff about the new holiday in British Columbia and we were all jealous! glad you could spend time with your weiner dog in the hotel, we love weiner dogs or teacup poodles, everyone is welcome. The card you mentioned should have been in your guest room, however glad you could take advantage of a breakfast in bed with the discount. The excercise room is the last update to our renovation and well will have all new shiny equipment soon.
Come back and see!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed at Hotel Monaco for 3 nights recently on a combined biz/fun weekend. It's a really great hotel. Our room was on the tenth floor and I don't think we heard a single sound from the hall or other rooms the whole time we were there, although there were others staying on our floor. The room was comfortable and very, very clean, exceptionally so, and it smelled like... nothing... just super clean! Loved that! The bed was extremely comfortable. We travel frequently and it was just about the best bed we've stayed in. Everyone we dealt with on the staff was polite, warm and helpful. They genuinely seemed glad to be doing their jobs. We did happy hour in the restaurant downstairs and the foods/drinks/service were competent. Location feels safe at night and is an easy walk to Pike's Market, Belltown & Capitol Hill. We even walked to the hotel, shlepping our baggage, from Union Station... if you're not in good shape, though, take a cab: steep hill! If you're a coffee addict as we are, the neighborhood has many coffee shops within easy reach. Only negative is that the decor is a bit over-the-top: 19th century circus wagon meets Italian designer on LSD meets mid-century retro, but the service, comfort and cleanliness totally outweigh the visual cacophony. Overall, this place gets high marks and we plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: Tenth floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

LOL! I cant wait to share your thoughts on the design with the designer! The Design of all Monaco hotels tends to be a little on the creative side, the concept here is of a world traveler who has picked up items from their travels and decorated a home. It is fun and whimsical and always wants to generate a reaction. I cant believe you walked from Union Station! you could have stayed on the train and stopped at University Street and then it is only a 1 block walk. We really do care about the guests and it shows, in the hotel and in our amazing Sazerac restuarant. Come back soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I came here recently with some girlfriends and we had a fantastic stay at the Hotel Monaco! Great room, friendly staff, and pleasant ambiance. I've stayed at many hotels in DT Seattle, none were as clean as this one, this was surprising as they allow dogs. I will definitely be back! Also, don't miss out on the food at Sazerac, I'm still craving their bacon wrapped figs, and grilled cheese!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

This must be the 10th comment I have read from someone using the hotel for a girls weekend away, what a great new market for us! We are the perfect spot for a small group, hey we hand out free wine for an hour every night then you can migrate into the best, tastiest and most fun restuarant in the city, Sazerac is hopping and would be a party anytime. Thanks for this, come back soon.Tom.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

A group of girlfriends and I stayed at Hotel Monaco this past weekend and had a fabulous experience! Not only were the rooms comfortable, but the hotel is walking distance to all of the shopping, dining and movie-going we desired. Speaking of dining, Sazerac (the restaurant off of the lobby) was fabulous and the food incredible! The complimentary wine at happy hour in the lobby, along with the legendary customer service is what earned this hotel a 5 star rating in my book. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Ok, make this number 12, for a great girls weekend. Yes as my wife and my wife's credit card will attest, we are close to shopping and a herd of great restuarants, Tulio up the street for Italian is one of the best in the city. Want a fun place for a cocktail - Bookstore Bar 2 blocks away is like visiting another city. Thanks for the great notes, make it an annual thing, come back soon!