“Excellent Hotel, best value for your money!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #12 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Hotel, best value for your money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Comfortable rooms, clean, good location, just two blocks from market place and four from pine street. Excellent for business and family. No noise and darkness in rooms, in very comfortable beds, make easy to sleep there. If i want to be picky i can say that the illumination of the room was not enough for working there. The staff was incredible, helpful and off course was much better as they were always smiling and in great mood.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Appreciate the great notes, I often read that guests feel we offer great value, which is true, especially if you check out our website and see what the deals are as they change from day to day. The lighting in the rooms is all undergoing a huge review and change out, we are on it!
Tom.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Helpful staff from arrival to check-out, complimentary upgrades to suites and spacious and nicely kept rooms. We stayed for three nights first, a few days later for another one. I am sure we will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
The hotel has a huge number of suites and when we can we do upgrade guests, especially those who sign up to be Kimpton in Touch members. Glad it worked for you and that you came back, that would have been 2 nights towards reaching your goals of getting free nights!
come back soon!
Tom.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here on a recent business trip. Fun hotel, with friendly staff, in the centre of Seattle - very convenient location. Bar forms part of a restaurant which is open to the public, which diminishes the atmosphere a bit - although that comes from a solo business traveller. Little touches could make the difference for people - pet friendly hotel, wine hour every day, and a complimentary goldfish if you feel like it (I didn't go for this...) are quirky touches which the hotel uses to differentiate itself. Thought the room was a little small, compared to other Seattle hotels I've stayed in. Overall, not a bad place for a business hotel - wouldn't choose this for extended and/or leisure stays though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Friendly staff, fun hotel and quirky touches, why wouldnt you want to stay here for an extended time? I actually live in the hotel and all this makes me pretty happy. Sazerac's open atmosphere gives the room lots of energy, if you are looking for something a little more intimate or quiet, try Tulio up the street at our Vintage Park hotel or the Bookstore down the street at the Alexis, another great Kimpton! Thanks for the many positive notes, hope you come back soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Excellent service, great food, well appointed room and overall wonderful experience. I strongly suggest them for business travel, conference or meeting services, and vacation travel. Even though I was there on business, when the meetings were over, I didn't feel like I had to run away from the hotel to wind down. They do a great job of supporting business travelers while also catering to vacation travelers. I kept thinking I wanted to retun with my SO for a leisure trip.

Room Tip: Did not swim, so I can't really comment on the pool. Be sure to check in on Yelp. They were gi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sequim Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I decided to take an overnight getaway into Seattle right after Christmas and chose the Hotel Monaco as our lodging. We had stayed at a Kimpton Hotel before and were delighted with it. Same goes here. The hotel is reasonably priced, in the heart of the city and within walking distance of everything in central downtown Seattle. The rooms are lovely, spacious and well appointed, the staff friendly and helpful. The best of the staff was the valet who took care of parking and moving cars around (and watching them) on this busy city street. He was cheerful in the rain, allowed us to check in and come back to our car and took care of parking it when we returned after the theater and dinner out. We will definitely return to this lovely hotel.

Susie in Sequim,, WA

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed here for one night. I usually stay at Starwood properties, but decided to try something new. I was glad that I did.

You feel welcomed the moment you step out of your taxi/car and are in front of the hotel. Check in was quick and easy. The rooms are incredibly well appointed. I was in a standard room with a queen bed. Not very big, but very well designed and laid out so I didn't feel cramped. It was comfortable both to relax in or sit at the desk and get some work done.

I had dinner at the restaurant on site. If you get a chance make sure to drop in. Its a bit of a hidden gem and not obvious if you are walking through the lobby. As soon as you enter you feel energized. Its an open kitchen so you get to see the chefs at work and the menu is pretty good. If you are a carnivore then you will be in heaven. I am a vegetarian (a recent one) and while they didn't have many choices the staff was very helpful in finding options for me and making adjusting a couple of dishes to make them veggie-friendly and still making sure I got more than enough protein.

For breakfast I usually get room service. The amount that I travel for business I had got used to cold and bland eggs in the morning. So this was a pleasant surprise. The omelet that I ordered was simply amazing. Full of flavour and still hot by the time it was up to my room.

All in all a fantastic stay. I just might be tempted to let my SPG Gold membership lapse and try more Kimpton hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

First and foremost, I think the interior of the hotel is quite nice. All the staff were very courteous and helpful.

I think the real issue with the hotel is it's location and value (especially parking). The building from the outside seems quite old, although you can hardly tell from the interior. The area is definitely not the nicest as there are quite a few 'less fortunates' wandering in the streets. I wouldn't say it was a dangerous area, but it sure wouldn't be some place I would be comfortable having my family around. It also certainly isn't an area for the younger demographic as many of the shops and stores are close before 8 pm. I believe there was one lounge in the area with few restaurants.

The parking is probably the worse part. They charge $39 plus tax, equalling $47 per night I presume as I only stayed a night. Valet is required since I believe they use an off-site parking location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business