New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“Solid Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

The decor of the hotel is very nice from the lobby to the guest rooms. My queen room was a tad on the small side but very well configured.

The shower curtain with the hotel logo was a nice touch as were towels with the Monaco name it on. It felt very customized.

The bed was very nice and the linen was of nice quality, and the pillows seemed new.

The dispensers for the soap, shampoo and conditioner are very "green", you know you are in Seattle.

The Gym could use a little work as the equipment is old and the treadmill shut off after 1 mile.

I ate a few meals in the restaurant, the food was very good and the service was strong. It just seemed to take a long time to get our food. 30 minutes for cereal and yogurt seems like a long time to me.

This is a very nice hotel and would recommend for any occasion.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
This building was a 're use' (after all we are in Seattle) and every floor has a variety of room styles and types and yes there are a few smaller size but alot are on the larger size! The recent renovation did provide us with a huge amount of upgrades, from beds to lamps, everything is new, and soon the health club will be as well! Sazerac is one of the great finds in the city, and I am sorry that you had a little delay on the breakfast side, definately not the norm!
Tom.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
anacortes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Access was easy, valet was convenient, personnel quick to assist, front desk and other staff very pleasant and accomodating. Centrally located. Very clean. Rooms were effecient, quiet and cozy. Service from all was individualized and made to feel like a special part of the family. Restaurant was more than expected and quick. In room spa was perfect. We really enjoyed our stay!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GMatthehotel, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Very few people comment on the inroom Spa service, thanks for noting it in your comments. The services provided are fantastic, from massages to facials all in your guest room at great prices. The location of the hotel is always a positive, and we are right in the middle of everything, Seattle is such a great walking city, you can go up the street to another great Kimpton the Vintage Park, or down the street to another great Kimpton the Alexis!
Mount Vernon wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Once again, the perfect weekend at Hotel Monaco in Seattle...everyone is just amazing there! I cannot say enough good things about this hotel…it’s now the only place we stay when we go to Seattle. Rooms are impeccably clean, hotel is beautiful, location is perfect, restaurant is so yummy from the drinks to the brunch (can you say Bloody Mary bar??). Staff are all helpful and friendly and just to top it off...they put a personalized gold fish in my room, what a fun touch! Thank you everyone at Hotel Monaco for, as always, being simply THE BEST!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the hotel!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brunch in Sazerac on Sunday morning is a Seattle staple, if you can dont miss it. Yes you too can have a pet fish, just let us know when you are making your reservation. With a herd of friendly staff, how could you go wrong? Thanks for staying with us!
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Located in the heart of downtown Seattle, right across the street from the stunning Seattle Public Library designed by Rem Koolhaas, the Hotel Monaco is a friendly and extremely attractive urban refuge for the busy visitor. I found the reception staff friendly and highly responsive, and my room was a joy - modern, well-designed, immaculate, and country-quiet. Some hotels I tolerate; others I delight in. This one definitely falls in the latter category. I highly recommend it.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
well some hotels I loath, but this one I agree is a delight. I actually lived here for 2 years in a room and while I have done this hotel live in thing a few times, here the staff to the decor made if feel like home. Appreciate your support, it means a great deal to the staff as well as everyone thinking about booking a room.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just stayed here for 2 nights and I really enjoyed it. Hotel Monaco is a solid 4 star boutique hotel and I really liked the extra touches such as the unique decor, boarding pass printing service, yoga/exercise kit delivered to your room and TV channel with yoga and other exercise classes, extensive list of complimentary items if you forgot something (not just toothpaste, but items such as curling irons and straighteners which I've never seen other hotels offer!), and goldfish in your room (too bad they don't have cats!).

The room was spotlessly clean, comfortable and functional. The beds and sheets were ridiculously comfortable, wifi (free for Kimpton members) was simple, no password needed, just had to enter your email registered with Kimpton, and it was fast and never dropped once. Lots of outlets in the room including ones by the bed.

The hotel location was excellent and right across from the W and around the block from the Fairmont. Lots of restuarants and shopping within walking distance. I wasn't familiar with where this hotel was located on a map but when I did see a map it was right where I would have wanted to be. Very central.

The only negatives were that a lot of the rooms probably have no views and there is no pool or hot tub in the hotel. I know nobody comes to Seattle for a pool but it would have been really nice to have a hot tub to unwind in after a long day.

Also I set up a wakeup call with the front desk one night and there was never any call the next morning. Good thing I'm paranoid about this happening and had set a double alarm on my phone, but this is inexcusable. Had I not done this and woken up late, my review would not have been as good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Seattle at Christmas is a magical wonderland. The decorations and lights are amazing. Just as amazing was our stay at the Monaco. The rooms were lovely, the staff was courteous and helpful and everything was clean and fresh. We had a delightful time and are looking forward to doing it again, making it an annual event.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JoAnneBelle
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
You know you are right, I was wandering around downtown the other day and downtown Seattle is spectacular at Christmas. What a great idea to get all the family together, maybe take in a play at the 5th Avenue theatre (1/2 block away) or a group dinner at Sazerac (Southern with a Northwest flair, how very Christmassy). Many of the rooms have QQ beds here or the wonderful Monte Carlo Suites allow you to have a little meeting space. If you really dont like your family that much, then note we have 3 Kimpton hotels in Seattle - The Vintage Park, the Alexis and the Monaco, break the group up, they are all within 3 blocks of each other!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

My spouse and I were in Seattle overnight for an important business meeting. We needed a quiet, convenient hotel centrally located so we could work with our business partner, who was flying in from NYC. I have never been disappointed by a Kimpton Hotel in all our travels, so I chose the Hotel Monaco over the other options nearby This was our first stay here and we were thoroughly impressed!

We needed an early check in and this was granted to us graciously. All the staff members were accommodating, friendly, and warm. Our car was attended to quickly and efficiently by the valet and, when we needed it for check out, it was returned to us under five minutes.

We rented two rooms on the 11th floor, one a suite. There was very little street noise and the rooms provided us with ample space to consult and prepare for our meeting the following morning. Our guest, a Wall Street businessman, was impressed by the animal-print robes, the room amenities and mini-bar options. The linens were immaculate and the room very clean and comfortable.

Sazerac provided a convenient place for comfortable dining with equally excellent service and menu choices. Our breakfast and dinner was delicious.

The ONLY negative: The Business Center located in the basement charges for internet access and printing. Just be aware of this if, like us, you need to prepare extensive documents. Next time, I will locate the nearest FedEx Kinkos. There was no stapler or paper clips available, but I was able to borrow one from the front desk. When the printer ran out of paper, I was relieved to find an extra ream in a cabinet above.

Bottom line: the Hotel Monaco is my best hotel choice recommendation in Seattle by far. It is conveniently-located, the facility is beautiful and impeccable, the cost is reasonable, and the service and staff attentive and warm. I recommend this hotel enthusiastically! We will be returning, no doubt about that!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are quieter, farther away from street noise.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I bet there is a stapler and paper clips in there now! Thanks for the great note, as I have mentioned before the hotel is in the middle of the 11th largest city in America and you are going to hear noise that you don't likely hear when you are at home out in the Suburbs, I stay here frequently and have learned a pair of earplugs likely your best friend when traveling. The experience in Sazerac is only matched by the experience at Tulio up the street, at another great Kimpton the Vintage Park. The roast chicken on the menu in both places will change your opinion of how good chicken can actually be (sorry Mom).