“Attractive hotel, comfortable rooms, free wine tasting, great location.”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
Ranked #8 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Pacific Northwest, USA
“Attractive hotel, comfortable rooms, free wine tasting, great location.”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Great service began as we pulled up for valet parking, and were immediately greeted. Front desk gave our large party rooms on the same floor, and assured us they had a wheelchair we could use for an elderly family member. After resting for an hour we came down for a festive wine tasting in the lobby area where a fire was burning and a large Christmas tree stood. In the morning fresh coffee, tea and hot cocoa was available early, then two mornings we had excellent breakfasts at Sazerac, the hotel's restaurant. No complaints at all.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Oh, ho hum, this is getting really boring. Perfect stay, perfect staff, perfect 5-6 p.m. hosted wine hour, perfect place for our lovely pooch, perfect pillows, etc., etc. The location of the Monaco is just great and, although our puppy wanted some hot toddies at 5:00 p.m., I was the only one permitted to enjoy them. And of course, they are (my favorite word) free, during the hotel's nightly cocktail hour. The next morning, in addition to fresh-brewed Starbucks coffee (yes, there's that word again, free), there was a seasonally-inspired supply of hot-chocolate, which I mixed with marshmallows and a heap of other goodies. Yes, folks, just another perfect two-day stay in a fabulously-run hotel management company, Kimpton Hotels. Would I ever stay somewhere else? Well, maybe if it was FREE!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed December 15, 2011

This hotel was very nice - the lobby, the rooms, and the location. The location was fabulous - my husband and I were able to walk everywhere we went - to the shops, market, restaurants, bars, docks. (There are a lot of hils though - down towards the shopping district was a bit flatter!) We never ate there, so I can't comment on that; but there were plenty of great places around, and the lady at the front desk gave us a breakfast recommendation that was one of the best breakfast I've had ... Lola, right on 4th St.!

It was a great weekend, everyone was super nice, and the accomadations were excellent. I would love to go back!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We had a great stay at Hotel Monaco. It was with trepidation that I traveled half way around the world with my nine year old daughter, however when we arrived, having emailed the hotel requesting early check-in, our room was thankfully ready. The check-in was fast and organised. Movie, voucher for my daughter and a mini-bar voucher for me. It is worth joining the Kimpton in-touch program.

Best bits:The hotel is perfectly located, we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go and there are plenty of places to eat nearby. The beds are comfy, it has nice decor, the cleanliness was fantastic and the pet fish was a nice touch. Finally you can't beat the service, from the door staff, desk staff or restaurant staff, all great.

My only word of warning is not to let your kids get to the TV remote first The on- demand is much easier for them to access than the regular programming. I'll end up with a smallish tv bill for on-demand Disney, but I'll put that down to exhaustion and not worry about it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2011

This hotel offers the finest service and attention to their customers needs. The staff is totally awesome in their efforts to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. The room was beautiful and clean and there was plenty of hot water, no matter what time you took your shower or bath. The lobby was splendidly decorated for the Christmas holidays and the daily Managers Reception was great fun. We made friends with other guests and enjoyed the magicians' tricks when he was there. In addition, the restaurant had excellent food and half price appetizers for happy hour. We were there for 10 nights and were sad to leave. If you are looking for a great place to stay in Seattle, do check this one out. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We had a corner room away from the elevators - perfect!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Monrovia, California
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Stayed at the Hotel Monaco on 11/27 and wanted to share my experience. First off, I stayed at the Monaco in Salt Lake CIty some time ago and really enjoyed it as I was traveling with my dog and it was quite accomodating. For the Seattle location I was celebrating an anniversaru with my girlfriend of one year.
We went with an upgraded room with a soaking tub which was awesome. Room was immaculate and comfortable. Plus, the staff left a bottle of chilled champagne on ice for us in honor of our celebration. Only stayed one night but would have loved to stay more. Definitely check out wine hour in the lobby 5-6 as its a lot of fun.

1 Thank DGKirkland
GMatthehotel, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thanks so much, I havent heard the word staycation in a while, but it really does work especially this time of year. wait until you see our new design happening in January! its gonna be a jaw dropper!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We usually prefer a more modern aesthetic, but the somewhat 'quirky' decor was fun and a welcome change. Booked an excellent rate on their site and then was upgraded on our arrival and given multiple perks. (Well worth joining the Kimpton loyalty program.) Thoughtful in room touches such as use of yoga kit. Complimentary lovely local wines poured at the wine hour. Helpful staff. (Looking forward to my upcoming stay this weekend at their sister hotel, the Alexis.)

1 Thank a42N81