“Great Hotel”

Atlanta, GA
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I love Kimpton hotels.

This one was very well located. Easy walk to everything I wanted to see and do. The staff was very nice, very helpful. From the valets to the desk staff, everyone was friendly and helpful at every opportunity. We received some excellent dining recommendations from them. The first night, we arrived late and went to a place the front desk staff suggested many places and even marked them all on a map so we could easily find them.

A few tips though. The standard rooms are small, but this is normal in city hotels. I was not bothered by it but for an extended stay, I would book a larger room in the same hotel. The architecture is lovely. The lobby is decorated with cute artwork all the way to the ceiling. The hotel has the standard Kimpton wine reception but this one also offered sangria (very good) and Xbox games in the lobby. Very fun.

I also very much enjoyed the restaurant. We received some free glass of wine vouchers because we arrived after the daily wine reception and the staff is just nice. So when we went to cash them in, the menu tempted us and we really enjoyed it. We sat at a large, comfy booth and relaxed over dinner and many glasses of wine.

It's a busy hotel but it doesn't feel like it. I was never bothered by noise, never had to wait for desk service, valet, anything for more than a minute or two.

I did fill out a survey and noted that the only flaw I found was a spot in the room where someone had been a little mean to the carpet. The manager took the time to write me and thank me for my review and also to let me know that the carpet would be repaired soon as a renovation was coming. I'll definitely check this hotel out again after the renovation. I like Kimpton's style so I'm curious to see how it turns out. Great to have someone actually respond to my review though.

Great hotel. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Join Kimpton In Touch for awesome deals
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MissJennb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My colleague and I stayed in two separate rooms at the Monaco, and even though we both reserved Monaco Queen rooms, hers--on the 3rd floor--was cramped and got a fair amount of street noise, while mine--on the 10th floor, a VIP floor--was very spacious and peaceful, with a nice view. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, with excellent amenities. Front desk, bell, and housekeeping staff were all courteous and helpful, although the person checking me in forgot to tell me about hotel amenities like the evening wine reception and Kimpton InTouch amenities like free wi-fi. We had breakfast each morning at the hotel restaurant, Sazerac, because our room rates included continental breakfast. The food was quite good but service was slow most mornings.
The hotel is reasonably close to both the Convention Center, where our conference was held, and Pike Place Market, where we liked to go in our spare time. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay. The rooms were not remarkable, but the gracious service was definitely above the norm.

Room Tip: Rooms on VIP floors more spacious, better views
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank travelbug61
Ridgeway, VA
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed here the night before our Alaska cruise. It is a great hotel and very family friendly. The location is a few blocks from Pike's Market and about a 20 min walk or so from the Space Needle. The staff was very friendly. They allowed us to store our luggage while we did some sightseeing and even called when our room was ready.

PS - only negative is that the restaurant was pricey for breakfast

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Auburn, CA
Reviewed June 19, 2011

My family stayed here mid-June. I cannot think of a better place to stay- location is ideal. Several blocks to the waterfront, several blocks to the monorail, Pikes, shopping. A short cab to Safeco. Very attentive to my entire family. Also looked like a good place to stay for the business traveler too.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank RMTCA
Washington State
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We celebrated our anniversary last month and had a great time at the Hotel Monaco. The rooms were pleasantly decorated and of quite decent size. The bathrooms were tastefully designed and the towels were nice. The bed was comfortable. Really a very nice hotel-but if you really want a workout facility and pool onsite, you'll need to look elsewhere. All of the staff were believably sincere and pleasant-from the valet attendant to the front desk. The complimentary Prosecco was of considerable quality, as were the Seattle chocolates. This was my first time at this property, and we found it to very likable. We didn't make it to the wine tasting, which is too bad.

Room Tip: Just ask the inhouse reservation people to guide .
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Neil S
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed June 10, 2011

In the heart of downtown Seattle is a gem of a hotel! The Hotel Monaco surpassed our expectations. Their genuinely kind and gracious staff, the beautifully appointed rooms at an affordable price coupled with the evening cocktail party made for a wonderful stay. It was even better than that, though, when they gave us our own goldfish for the weekend and sent it up to our room. Our 7 year old was thrilled! I would definitely recommend this hotel and personally, we won't stay anywhere else in Seattle!

Room Tip: Join their Kimpton Hotel club for free benefits!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Excellent decor, very welcoming,friendly and helpful staff. Sazarac restaurant was great for lunch and happy hour! Decor and ambience very appealing. Location great for walking to all the downtown attractions.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family