“Standard accomodation”

Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Clichy
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have selected tthis hotel as it was quite close to the place where I supposed to have business meeting. Rooms were clean, reception quite fast during arrival but waiting in que during departure. Breakfast menu large, possibility to find something for anybody. From some windows possible to see partially Eifel tower. Close to Metro station.

Room Tip: HIgher floors are quiter
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Sebastien T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear freq_traveller199,

We are glad to have welcome you in our hotel for your business travel. We enjoy you had a good stay with us and hope having the pleasure to see you again very soon.
For a next stay, do not hesitate to use our Express Check Out. We could make a debit of a credit card after your departure and send you the invoice by email.

Thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor !

Kind regards.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We traveled as part of a tour group which seems to be this hotel's primary business. The reception, lobby and restaurant (non breakfast) was clean and bright. Our room was OK, the carpet did have stains and could do with a lick of paint to cover the scuff marks but the towels and bed linen were clean.

Breakfast was a buffet style but our tour party were given a late 08:30 slot, unfortunately there was little or no crockery left with few members of staff to re-stock the buffet, replace crockery or clean the tables. We did go down on an earlier sitting with plenty of staff, regular re-stocking and tables cleared, c08:20 the staff disappeared.

Be warned that the surrounding area offers little to recommend itself. There are few restaurants, bakeries and supermarkets although their opening hours are not necessary as advertised! If there was a Metro station nearby, we never found it nor could we find the taxi rank.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank melinakitty
Sebastien T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Melinakitty,

First of all, we wish to thank you for your comment about your stay in our hotel. You can be sure they have been communicated to all our staff to improve our service.
We are currently refurbishing some of our rooms and by the end of this year, we expect to have a fully renovated hotel.
As for the location, the hotel is situated in the area of Clichy, adjacent to many offices and headquarters. We welcome groups on week end otherwise, we mainly have a business activity. Our bar and restaurant “DOOR’s” are open throughout the week to welcome you for lunch or dinner.
Using the metro line 13 at Porte de Clichy, you can reach the Saint Lazare area within 10 to 15 minutes and the Champs Elysées within 15 to 20 minutes.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon

Regards
Sébastien

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've stayed at Holiday Inn hotels with much better experiences. The room when I arrived was dirty (used tissue on the floor) and smelling cigarette all over. I will not stay in this hotel again. It was recommended to my by colleagues at work but I'll share with them my experience so that they don't recommend it further. No gym, no fitness center, also a surprise for a Holiday Inn chain hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Aurelie_Conton, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your constructive comment. Our hotel features seven non smoking floors and our reception staff would have been happy to offer you a non smoking room if you mentionned it during your stay. Please be informed that we just started some works to improve our guest comfort and a fitness center will be available before the end of the year 2013. Our guest satisfaction is our main goal so your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Spacious and clean hotel.
10 minutes walk from Clichy Metro/Bus station.
At present there are a lot of road works between the hotel and Clichy Metro station.
The ring road runs outside the hotel.
If you are a light sleeper request a room overlooking the courtyard.
Effective aircondition in rooms.Windows can also be opened.
Free WiFi in rooms and also a couple of computer terminals available for guests opposite reception.
Limited restaurant menu, for a HI of this size.
Very friendly staff, reception and bar staff.

Room Tip: Facing the courtyard if you need to let fresh air in!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Sebastien T, Duty Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Norsemanuk,

First of all I wish to thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. It is really important for us to know your feedback!
We are glad to read that our staff welcomes you with friendship! It our pleasure to give the best to anyone.
Our hotel is situated closed to the limits of Paris, easy to drive by car. The proximity of the ring engage us to give the best tranquillity in the rooms, all our windows, on the street and the courtyard get perfect phonic isolation.
The area of the hotel is getting great renovations. These works are making our neighbourhood closest of the center of Paris with better access to the transports.

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was here on business, and the staff were super helpful, and friendly with it. Flexible and nice. It makes a huge difference. But the whole hotel is desperately... average. From the conference facilities to the food to the décor and ambience. It says "we scrimped on money wherever we could". This is fine if you have a particularly Puritan attitude to your hotel accommodation. It didn't work for me. Where it's at its worst is in the actual rooms - they are Spartan and cheap. One of my wall-mounted bedside lights was hanging off its mounting. There was a crumpled tissue on the floor when I arrived (nice!). The bathroom ceramics were stained. The two bath towels didn't match - not a case of quirkiness, just a case of rather sad cheapness, I fear. That said, the bed was comfy and I slept very well. I guess you get what you pay for - but it isn't a bargain when it's a soulless, drab experience. Is it?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jason C
Aurelie_Conton, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for your comments following your last stay in Holiday Inn Paris Porte de Clichy.
Your mention regarding the friendly and positive attitude of the staff has been translated to the hotel team who is very thankful for this observation of yours.
For the last two years a lot of renovating work has been engaged toward the lobby, the restaurant and the meeting rooms. Improving our guests comfort is our main goal and we just started to renovate our rooms paint walls and carpet. We are taking into good consideration the housekeeping and technical problems you noticed in your room, please accept my apologies for the discontent you encountered during your stay and I really hope to welcome you again very soon in our hotel.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was, by far, the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in my life.

The hotel reception smelt of sewage for most of my stay. My room also smelt of sewage so I had to open the window every night in order to get to sleep, but then the noise of the motorway right next to the hotel made it very difficult to sleep! This was also the case with some of my colleagues' rooms.

When we complained to the front desk they told us 'there is no smell, it's from outside' and denied that there was a problem.

My room (and the corridor) had discusting stains all over the floor.

The last time I stayed here (in February 2012) some of my makeup got stolen and when I reported it to the reception they were unapologetic and did not offer any compensation.

This hotel is by far the most discusting and smelly hotel I have ever stayed in, I will never ever come back here.

Be warned

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Emma2404
Aurelie_Conton, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for your stay in Holiday Inn Paris Porte de Clichy and for your feedback. Your comments are very important to us in order to target more effectively the points that need to be improved.
You noticed an unpleasant smell during your stay which is a very punctual problem for which we are currently in contact with Clichy city hall in order to erase this distasteful smell which takes place at certain specific times. Please accept my apologies for this annoyance you experienced.
Concerning the building maintenance we are trying our best to maintain the level of our guest expectations by permanently renovating our rooms and improving the guest comfort. Unfortunately this does not stop certain rooms to be stained between two carpet shampoos and I regret you were occupying one of the few rooms with the carpet stained.

Once again thank you for your constructive comments we are taking into consideration, I sincerely hope that you will renew your stay with us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room have paint peeling off the ceiling. The Internet is so slow even an email times out before it is sent. The staff are fantastic though and do make the hotel eel like home. The food is very mediocre and the choice is very limited. Breakfast is good and there is a lot of choice. The rate jump up and down with regularity which is very difficult to understand.

Room Tip: The only rooms that are good are the corner suites.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Lionel A, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear guest ,

First of all we would like to thank you for your stay in our hotel holiday Inn Paris Porte de Clichy, and much specifically for having taken the time to share your opinion with us.
We aim at improving our quality and increase your satisfaction. Therefore, your feedback is more than welcome.
Please allow me, on behalf of all the staff, to thank you for mentioning their good qualities of service and I am glad to know they made you feel like home.
I have forwarded your comments about the quality of the food to the restaurant manager and rest assured, they have been taken in consideration.
Lots of renovations have been engaged for the last two years ,starting from the lobby and the restaurant of the hotel, banqueting rooms and now heading toward the rooms completely aware that this will definitely enhance the quality of the hotel. Please be informed that within the current month, we will be changing our whole Wifi system to resolve once and for all the internet issue.
All these changes stand for our willingness to make your stay in our hotel more and more comfortable.
Looking forward to welcoming you again.
Sincerely yours.
Lionel ADJAGBA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clichy
Hotel Residence Europe
#2 of 11 in Clichy
Grand Hotel Clichy
#4 of 11 in Clichy
Montparnasse
Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy? Share your experiences!