“Fetid and shabby but kind staff”

Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Clichy
Reviewed December 15, 2012

It is hard to overcome first impressions. The first thing one notices in the lobby is the stale mixture of sweat, smoke and grease. The room is cleaner but plain. Drab and shabbiness dominate. The sole good item was the desk staff spoke English and were helpful.

I stayed here only for convenience to the office and other than avoiding traffic I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear SuTengKai,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience with us. I am pleased you found the level of service you received from our front desk staff commendable. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 7, 2012

it probably wasn't their fault. I probably shouldn't blame them. Perhaps it is an aroma synonymous with the French capital. But a Parisian sewer smell pervading the whole ground floor, including the restaurant, didn't really work for me.

Rooms were utilitarian and perfectly fine - but at 180 euros a night, perhaps you hope for a bit more.

They could also do with a little more help on reception as it took 15 minutes to order a taxi and there was only one person in front of me!

Room Tip: try exec rooms for a view of the big meccano thing in Paris, oh, that's it, the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel a couple of times on business & it's fairly consistent. The staff are great, always very warm & welcoming. I always feel comfortable, even when I'm alone in the bar. The rooms are ok, but nothing special- bath tubs are tiny, fittings are cheap, beds are hard, pillows even harder. There are no facilities other than the bar & restaurant. Given the choice I wouldn't stay here, which is a shame as the staff are so great- but not enough money has been spent to make the rest of the experience a comfortable one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

When first arrive hotel, the check in services was very bad, and the reception was not friendly at all.
They are not services oriented at all till we check out.
When we chec out they were very nice and very helpful.
I think they have no standard of service and most of time you will base in luck who would service you when you at the front desk.

For restaurant, the food is all the same everyday, of you are not the food lover, it's acceptable

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

No issues with the hotel. Clean, staff were courteous and all spoke good English. Reasonably priced for Paris, but still expensive! Metro about 5 mins walk away, not the sort of area you would go for a midnight walk after a glass of wine/few beers. By the way no alcohol in the hotel even when your a staying, or in that area after midnight, something about a local law according to one of the bar staff! Wifi card available at reception for 24 hours. No leisure facilities. Could see the "Tower" in the distance, however you would need to be on the 5th floor or higher to see it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Had made an online reservation for what wwas meant to be 3 days and 3 nights. we arrived totally exhausted by 6.30am only to be told in the most sarcastic manner that our reservation had been cancelled for some reason with the card - note that no email had been sent out of courtesy to inform us that the reservation was cancelled. Anyway here we are and we assert that the card had no issues and was infact then used to make a payment at the counter for a fresh booking, we waited till 11am for our rooms with the front desk staff making excuses but yet serving other guests before we got our rooms. Absolutely no apology for the lapses on their part.

The internet was not free too.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank fcn14
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear fcn14,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apology for issues you had with your reservation. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details regarding your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Good points: -
very helpful and polite staff on reception - was put in a smoking room and they changed me to non-smoking as soon as requested, also our corporate rate includes free wifi which was good news. It also included breakfast which was fine - although could have done without the very efficient server who was in the process of taking away my full juice glasses when I came back to my seat after having gone to get cereal! Also liked the view of a teeny Eiffel Tower off in the distance.

Bad points: -
for some reason the wifi vouchers are only for one device so I had to go back downstairs to get additional vouchers for my laptop and ipad. Most business travellers now have more than one wifi device so it seems a strange setup when all other hotels just provide 1 code for access.
The Peripherique is right outside the hotel so not hugely picturesque views - but luckily the double glazing is up to the job of keeping noise out.

And finally - arrived when it was dark so didn't notice until the next morning that there was a BULLET HOLE in my window, Yup, you read right, an actual bullet hole - admittedly probably from a bb gun but still!! Luckily had only come through the outer pane of the double glazing and just scratched the inner pane but was certainly disconcerting. A colleague of mine had advised me not to venture outside after dark as it's not the most salubrious of areas and now I know why...

I mentioned it when checking out and the receptionist said he'd been shown it a few months back and that I was ok so no problem for me. Gulp!

Room Tip: go high up
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clichy
Hotel Residence Europe
#2 of 11 in Clichy
Grand Hotel Clichy
#4 of 11 in Clichy
Montparnasse
Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center
Hotel Median Paris Congres
#1,325 of 1,803 in Paris

Been to Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy? Share your experiences!