“September in Paris”

Hotel Residence Europe
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Clichy
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and found it welcoming, clean, comfortable and quiet. Room was big enough, bed comfortable and the shower room modern and efficient. Daily cleaner service and a good continental breakfast. A 10 minute pleasant walk to Mairie de Clichy metro and another 10-15 mins to centre of Paris. Or bus stop right opposite. Staff were attentive and helpful. Breakfast room airy and bright and the bar area relaxing. For a budget break in Paris I would recommend this hotel. A good place to come back to after sightseeing with some pleasant local restaurants and shops..

Room Tip: Rooms facing the side street are quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen C
manageurope, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Europe, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Sir,

Thank you very much for your visit to the Hotel Residence Europe, and for your positive comments, which have delighted our team.

It is with great pleasure that we receive your compliments, your note is an extra motivation to give the best of ourselves, the next time you come.

Thank you again for your support, and please accept, Sir, my best regards.

Pascal Gasnier
Manager

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Firstly, do not be swayed by the pictures online of the rooms, the double bedroom was far from spacious and the air conditioning did not work.
The staff were at times helpful but at other times very very rude. When I politely questioned the room size and offered to pay more for an upgrade, the receptionist got very angry and made me feel uncomfortable and out of place.
Clichy is a quiet area in Paris, but it is not anywhere central to the sights.The hotel itself is roughly 10km from the Eiffel towers and the metro is your best way to get to city centre-with about 3 change overs.
When I was leaving, at 10.20AM a member of staff entered the room unannounced (without knocking) and gave off to my girlfriend at the messiness of the room and that we had to clean it thoroughly before leaving at 12 Noon. This was highly unprofessional and out of line in my opinion. Obviously we planned on cleaning up any minimal mess which was cluttering their very small room. What made this worse was that when we were leaving the room at around 11.00AM he was standing outside the door and brought us into the room to check that we hadn't broken anything and that it was clean enough to satisfy him. Never had I encountered such behavior from a member of staff in a hotel before. Because we are only 21, he clearly felt as though he could boss us around.
The Bar is ridiculously overpriced
There isn't any ice, and if you request some at the bar for your room they give you a few cubes-again acting offended at the request itself
The key cards for your room break if placed within a foot of a mobile phone
If you call from your room to reception they don't answer
The staff didn't make us feel welcome whatsoever
After travelling for 12 hours or so they wouldn't let us into our room when we were checking in and gave us no forewarning of this, leaving us to wander Clichy for 3 hours
Also, there isnt even a resturant in the hotel.

HOWEVER, The pool and Jacuzzi were nice additions to an otherwise terrible stay.

I would genuinely not recommend anyone to stay with Hotel Residence Europe, especially at the money they are asking.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joe B
manageurope, Manager at Hotel Residence Europe, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear customer.
I remember this because I had to personally intervene in this matter. Your assessment of the situation described is yours and this fact is very subjective. We give you a room of very good quality because it has been fully renovated in June 2013. It was a new room and when I asked storing garbage you left in this room is that you put a mess of dirt and indescribable that I could not ask the maid to clean it all for you. I understand that when you are young people, you may have a behavior that overflows a little, but for the general respect for customers and employees, it is in the nature of things that we can intervene in this situation and this has been done in a thoughtful and courteous.
The check in time is shown on our website and documents, and it is from 14h it occurs.
The prices of our bar is the correct and affordable for any budget and I remember that we also provide free wifi and free entrance to our swimming pool and fitness center which it seems to me that you have appreciate.
I'm sorry that your appreciation is also offset from the appreciation of all our customers and still hope that your stay in Paris will leave you a good memory.
P.Gasnier

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here from March 29th - April 1st. Unfortunately there was building work going on while were staying there, they they didn't tell us about on the website. it wasn't too bad, but there was black sheeting blocking off the stairwell next to our room, and planks of wood on the landing. It was also noisy on the days they were working.

That said, it's a reasonable hotel in a quiet area. The metro is about 10 minutes walk way and it's another 10-15 minutes into Paris proper. (I would recommend staying just a little further to avoid the kind of dive we stayed in on another night).

The hotel has a pool - bonus, but very cold! And a jacuzzi and sauna, all OK, but not perfect as you would expect for 3 stars. The breakfast as unlimited, and good and better than going to a local patisserie, as you could fill up will bread, cheese, ham, yoghurt, cereal and good quality fruit juice. However, it was very busy everyday and we always had to eat in a converted boardroom!

As a goodwill gesture the hotel gave us breakfasts off our bill due to the building work going on, which thankfully was during a back holiday weekend, so not very disruptive. However, bear this in mind if booking now. It's not too bad, but you might be woken if you are laying in past 9am. It explains the significant discount on Laterooms!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Carla K
manageurope, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Europe, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Carlak
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience with us. I am pleased you found the level of service you received from our front desk staff commendable.
Your feedback is very important to us; therefore, we took the time to investigate all your comments.
Nevertheless some precision, the renovations of the rooms ( between 9.00 AM to 5 PM) are just for a building of the Hotel and will soon offer you luxury rooms.
These works are listed on the site Latesroom by a pop up at the time of booking. The satisfaction index on this site is 88% of the customer.
The pool at the hotel displays a temperature of 28 ° and therefore isn’t cold.
All these changes stand for our willingness to make your stay in our hotel more and more comfortable.
Looking forward to welcoming you again.
Sincerely yours.
Pascal Gasnier
Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel is a small but yet well managed and well maintained hotel.
It is located in the Clichy area where is mostly populated by Arabs.
The hotel is 15 minutes walk in a pleasant boulevard to the Clichy metro station.
Line no 13 (light blue on the map) brings you for airport or down town to this neighborhood.
If you are in Paris for site seeing this might not be the best place to stay as it is far from the site seeing are. But If you are there for business or just looking for a quiet place to experience the residential side of Paris it is a nice place to stay.
The hotel is a typical small building hotel and has the normal issues about a small elevator which can get congested in the morning if the hotel is fully booked. You can use the stair though as it is no more than 5 floors.

Room Tip: The stairs are noisy and if you want to sleep late in the morning it is better to be far from them.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My French friend had a horrible accident, and the Hotel Residence Europe is located a few short blocks away on the same street as Hôpital Beaujon. Having just arrived after more than 25 hours of travel from the US, I wasn't picky about details; I simply needed to rush over to the hospital before visiting hours were over for the day.

The gentlemen at reception were very helpful, calling me a taxi so I wouldn't have to walk over in the rain after having had such a long international flight. While I waited, they told me about the sauna, jacuzzi, gym equipment, and pool (which I saw the following day, but did not have the time to use), and about their free WiFi, which I most definitely did have to use. They all spoke very good English, which I find impressive, considering I was in their country, and that the reverse certainly would not be true if they were in the US.

My room was small, clean, and efficient. The bathroom was larger than you might expect, and was clean and well-stocked. I felt comfortable, slept well, and ate heartily at the breakfast which was included in the price of €95 (very reasonable). The area is lively at night, with many places to stop and have a bite to eat, or a drink. I walked back from the hospital at 9 PM, and felt perfectly safe.

I wouldn't recommend this as a romantic place, and if you've got children with you, I imagine it would seem too small, but for a short trip such as mine, it had everything I needed. Thank you to the staff for making a long, stressful day a bit more pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Alexinasf
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed in this hotel from 26th - 29th October. No complaints what so ever.

Hotel staff very friendly and accommodating. When we had a problem with the safety deposit box in room, they came straight away to sort it out.They planned our sight seeing route for the day around central Paris. Would like to thank the following members of staff - Philippe, Noel and Samy.

Room was not too large or small but suitable size for us. The bathroom and sleeping area were very clean and cleaned daily.

Swimming, Sauna and jacuzzi were clean and well maintained.

Lots of good places to eat and drink in the area, very cosmopolitan. People really friendly. Felt really safe walking around, even at night.

Metro around 10 minutes walk away. Trams came around every 3 -4 mins. Lots to see and do in central Paris, Boat is a really good and relaxing way to see the sights (you can hop on and off)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pablo S
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed in different hotels in Clichy for business conventions, this was one of the two best hotels that we stayed in in the area. The hotel is very clean, the front-desk people were very professional and helpful, the breakfast is quite good, and the price was just at the right level for the hotel's standards vs. others in the area. The room is airconditioned, unlike a number of other hotels in the area. Walking in some streets in Clichy can sometimes be scary,and at night, if you room is not airconditioned, you can hear rowdy sounds from the street. This is in a good part of Clichy, and the restaurants and the Casino express mart near it make it convenient. It is not as near the Metro as other hotels, but otherwise, the hotel is really a good pkace to stay in.

• Stayed: December 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clichy
Atypik Hotel
#9 of 11 in Clichy
Passy
Hotel Felicien by Elegancia
Hotel Felicien by Elegancia
#367 of 1,803 in Paris
Grand Hotel Clichy
#4 of 11 in Clichy

Been to Hotel Residence Europe? Share your experiences!