“It was average...”

Westmark Inn Skagway
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Skagway
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Acually our whole trip was great with nice accomadations. If I had to rate, Skagway hotel would be in the bottom three. It was a typical room and could have been a little cleaner but it was okay. Restaruant was okay. We just had breakfast there. Wouldnt go out of the way to recommend but wouldn't say not to stay there either. Location is great. Walk to everything.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Though rooms are good and clean there is lag in service by the service staff. What annoyed me most is since the check in time is 2 PM the gave me the room only @ 2 and not even @ 1.59 though the rooms were available and I was made to wait until 2 from 11 when I did arrived at the Hotel ( my booking is pre booked)

Room Tip: Ask for first floor rooms since ground floor rooms windows open up in the street
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here while I was with my husband during our visit to Alaska. Rooms were good, bed was comfortable, decor nice, staff was friendly. Price was standard for area. Overall would recommend again to other travellers

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We booked through Booking.com and were seduced by the pictures into thinking that this was a really nice place to stay - handy for the ferry and WP&YR. The reality was two small, dark rooms in an annexe across the street from the main building - our friends' room resembled the black hole of Calcutta as it was dark and the heating was on 'full' all night - in a block where rooms were clearly out of commission as mattresses were propped against windows and looking beyond the neglect was clear. It was early season and the staff, though friendly, were utterly clueless - blame the management for poor training. The hotel's raison d'etre seems to be to serve the Holland America Cruise Liners and as there wasn't one in during our, blessedly, short stay there was no breakfast either. At $129 per night we were ripped off. The hotel is a disgrace - how can anywhere that refuses to serve breakfast call itself an hotel?
My advice would be to sleep a park bench - better value and more honest than this place! In nearly 7 weeks of travel in W. Canada and Alaska this was the worst place we stayed by a country mile! Avoid if possible.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Deb at front desk was awesome. The hotel had opened for the season just a few days before, so there were a few issues still being worked out, but Deb made it all go smooth and easy. She was genuinely friendly and helpful. She made our stay very pleasant.
Another plus was this hotel allowed dogs, so that was great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I visited Alaska in August 2012 and this was the worst Westmark Inn I stayed at. The room was so small we barely had room to put our suitcases. My boyfriend had to sit on the bed so I could walk by him and I'm only 130 lbs. This hotel is extremely dated and is in dire need of a facelift! The view was looking at the mountains which was the nicest part of this hotel. I think Head office Corporate needs to visit this hotel because they would be disgusted as I was. We booked based on the Westmark name but I can't trust that.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank FortuneSeeker
Reviewed September 5, 2012

After getting off the Holland ship (and waiting a few hours to ck in/walked the town) this was a great big change,didn't expect a Hilton or even Comfort but not a Motel 6. Very small,did I say small, how about tiny, room. Knowing it was for tour people coming off a ship w/luggage, some w/6 pcs, we had 4,2 large ,2 carry-on's. The bath was a s-s-s type. There was no place even to set luggage and be able to turn around. Had to walk to lobby for internet and about a block for ice -just inconvenience.Close to main st. but so is everything else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wataugaman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skagway
Halsingland Hotel
Aspen Suites Hotel Haines
Historic Skagway Inn
Historic Skagway Inn
#3 of 5 in Skagway

Been to Westmark Inn Skagway? Share your experiences!