“Helicopter/Glacier Tour In Skagway”
Review of M & M Tours

M & M Tours
Ranked #41 of 50 Tours in Skagway
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We booked a helicopter tour through M & M tours. They are a third party tour operator in Skagway who facilitated our tour with TEMSCO. After doing research on tour companys, I called M & M a few months ago & booked the tour over the phone. I got a confirmation email & when we got off our cruise ship, I found the M & M office as instructed in the email. The tour operator, TEMSCO, picked us up a short while later & the tour was great. Would definetly recommend this company and this tour.

1  Thank Streator
in 9 reviews
in 13 reviews
in 8 reviews

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My family and I took M&M Tour in Skagway Alaska. It was a helicopter tour where you land on a glacier and walk around and tour it with a guide that is the helicpoter pilot. It was a great experience and Scott our pilot/guide was super, knowledgeable and very nice. We would highly recommend this tour and this company.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was a fun trip to the Klondike Summit. We were on a cruise that we enjoyed very much, but the cruise excursions were ridiculously expensive. So, my wife, our sons and I decided to take a chance. M&M tours is located right by the cruise ship docks and they also have a booth in the tourist center of Skagway.
We booked a tour of the Klondike summit and enjoyed a ride up through the mountain roads and saw some of the great photo spots too such as the "Welcome To Alaska" sign that makes a good photo op and the border between the US and Canada. There was a lot of interesting nature to see, including going above the tree line and taking it all in. Traveling in a minibus with a small group, our tour guide Remi (Sorry if I misspelled) was real sweetheart. She was knowledgeable, funny and great company. If we didn't live 4,700 miles away we'd invite her to dinner! The tour included historic sights and even some funny things such as Sarah Palin's childhood home. (Insert your own joke here.)
We stood on the side of the cliff and watched the White Pass & Yukon Railroad going by below and saw the same cool views that we would have seen from the train at a price far less than the nearly $500 it would have cost for our family of four. Don't get me wrong, the train looked nice and I've heard good things about it, but a bunch of people booked the train tour to see clouds and fog that morning and we preferred to get out on foot and see things, rather than being on a train that didn't stop for more than three hours.
M&M offers a variety of activities and we wanted something to let us see some of the sights. It was money well spent and a better deal than the cruise ship. Skagway's downtown area is shop after shop and, while that can be fun for a while, we wanted to really see some of Alaska instead of just buzzing around in the tight little circle of shops that have a business relationship with all of the cruise lines. Going local and supporting a local business is a good thing too. We were very pleased.

4  Thank TomOH
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We so enjoyed the #33 streetcar tour of Skagway with driver/guide Nikki. She not only made the area history come alive with well-told stories, but also gave us great insight into present-day life in Skagway, especially in the winter.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We went on the Alaska cruise this past month of June2013 and when we reached the Skagway we had not booked any tours. We walked to find out about tours and MM had an office with a list of tours available. The agent there recommended us to do something adventures And nature oriented instead of going on the train which was just scenic and he recommend the bald eagle preserve which included a ferry ride to Haines a bus ride to the river and a rafting down the river. My husband was sold on it I was bait worried as I had a 5yrs old child and thought that a 6 hour tour would be too much.
Well we decided to go and was worth every penny and time. The agent refered us to Renee who was super helpful and informative and placed us on the ferry for a 40min boat ride across to Hanies which was super scenic and beautiful and we were able to see glaciers and waterfalls which was amazing. Once we arrived at Haines we were met by Steve who was AMAZING. He guided us and informed us about the town and the rivers and bald eagles and was also with us in the raft down the river where we spotted bald eagles everywhere and were even lucky to see two eagles do their mating ritual by coming together and clasping to each other and fall while still locked together a couple of feet and then release and fly away which was awesome. At the end of the rafting the team had prepared a snack with hot coffee or tea or hot coco which my 5yrs old loved and headed back to Skagway. The tour was unforgettable and Steve and his team were great and Highly recommend this adventure tour to any one. Young or old you do not have to do a thing and this group takes you to a scenic natural fun filled tour which included a boat ferry,a bus and a raft. Thank you guys you made our Alaskan cruise unforgettable. One Love from Jamaica

Been to M & M Tours? Share your experiences!