“Southeast tours and Christian "Big Coutry"”
Review of Southeast Tours

Skagway City and Mountain Summit Tour
$72.45*
Half-Day Guided Yukon Sightseeing Tour from Skagway
More attraction details
Owner description: Southeast Tours is one of Skagway, Alaska's oldest independently owned tour companies servicing our clients for over 25 years. Our company specializes in tours up the White Pass Summit and the famed Yukon Territory. We offer 24 Passenger Bus tours, Self Guided Jeep tours, and exciting Glacier ATV Tours. We accommodate small private tours as well as large group tours.
Hingham, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Southeast tours and Christian "Big Coutry"”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had the pleasure of spending some time on a tour with Christian AKA "Big Country". His enthusiasm was refreshing. Any one can take you to a cemetary but when your guide cares enough to get up on a bench and explain what happened to the people burried there and what effect they had on the town and its history shows that he cares about what he is doing and making sure that we got the most from the experience. He was informative, entertaining, knowledgeable and at one point when a tourist on another bus was holding his child over one of the falls he cared enough to caution the visitor that he souldn't be doing that and possible saved the child from possible injury. Lastly he sang to us on the trip back, again he didn't have to he was simple having a good time at what he was doing and wanted to entertain us as we headed back to Skagway. He certianly made our day and i know that i speak for the other 11 people in our party when i say that Souteast tours has a jewel in Christian "Bug Country" and more tours should have giuides tike him. Thanks again

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Charles LoBue C

Kennewick, Washington
“Skagway in the wet!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Tuesday 31st July 2012 our visit.
Our first trip to Alaska, we prebooked our tours and of course worried about the quality as the tours were modestly priced.... we worried needlessly.
MJ was our favourite tour host and she had some stiff competition.
Skagway was wet and cloudy when we arrived and visibility was zero, MJ was very adaptable; she managed to judge the weather in advance and as we drove through cloud to the Inukshuk Village promised us time to admire and photograph views that would clear on our way back down.
She was spot on.
We loved her info, loved her story telling, loved her sense of humour.
My personal opinion was hugely affected when in stupidity I left the cruise ships umbrella on her bus..... my husband was totting up possible ship expulsion or at least a huge fine!
I went to the recommended great coffee shop and spoke to the tour operators in the back... a test of true customer service; after all I was done with the tour and they had my money and MJ had another tour about to start.
It took just 15 minutes to get me my umbrella back! It is the small things that make all the difference; it gives you a hint of the integrity of the company. Well be back; and well use Southeast tours again... You should use them too!
Dawn Thomas

Visited July 2012
Fort Erie, Canada
“Deluxe Yukon Sightseeing Tour”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Spent a fantastic day with our guide Christian "Big Country" driving from Skagway to Carcross and Emerald Lake. Christian gave us plenty of opportunities to take photos of the incredible scenery and wildlife along the route. He also kept the whole group entertained with information and anecdotes on the history of the area as well as insights on what it is like to live and work in Skagway. Overall, a first-rate tour.

Visited August 2012
Dallas,Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Yukon Adventure!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Little did I know that Skagway had so much to offer until I met the tour guide for the Yukon and dog mushing tour! His name was Christian and he was an absolute joy to spend the day with. The beauty alone was enough, but Christian certainly added to the tour. He certainly personalized the tour with passing by places and telling us information about them. And then we stopped at water falls, lakes, built our own inukshok , signs to take our pictures when entering the Yukon and Canada. Christian told us tales of the Yukon, interesting facts and stories. The Yukon adventures is best seen by using Southeast Tours.
Our tour was small and we had all checked in early so we were able to leave early and get back to town to do more sightseeing and shopping. I would highly recommend using Southeast Tours for booking your adventures in Skagway!!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank a73golfer
Riverside, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful sights and sounds of Skagway!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Booking blindly on a cruise website, I wasn't sure what to expect on my last Alaska tour of my cruise. At first I thought it would be a train ride, but to my surprise, it was bus ride to Summit Pass, with an entertaining tour guide, calling himself, "BIG COUNTRY" aka Christian! What I liked about it were the various stops along the way that you couldn't stop if on the train ride! And learning the history of Skagway & Canada. Christian was knowledgeable and kept it lively along the tour. My favorite stop was the Nookshook (sp?) tundra area & the longstanding man made rock structures. I appreciate when tour guides know the history of the region & Christian was just that! He took us to places and told animated stories @ the cemetery & the other stops along the way! That darn Soapy Smith! And the Dancing Lady, that was cool he pointed her out! And the lovely falls along the way. When you do this tour ask for Big Country! You won't go wrong! We even sang songs!!

1 Thank luvmms

Been to Southeast Tours? Share your experiences!