Review Highlights
Exceptional!

Very fun even though the dry suit makes you feel like a Sumo Wrestler. At least it keeps you warm... read more

Reviewed September 24, 2018
ConcieL
Portland, Oregon
This is the most fun you will experience in Skagway.

Most of our party went on the famous White Horse train ride. They had a lovely time but we were... read more

Reviewed September 4, 2018
Joette G
Oakdale, California

Recommended experiences in and around Skagway
from $219.00
from $115.50
from $80.85
from $54.60
More Info
All reviews captain ashley harbor seals lynn canal bald eagles donuts survival suits saw seals bright orange speed boat dry suit full body type boat wildlife adventure numerous waterfalls great fun thrilling ride sea life
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Klondike Tours Ocean Rafting was absolutely amazing. My group booked with Klondike Tours instead of through our cruise line, and we all had a great time. Not only was it fun and exciting but the staff made our experience over the top. We learned a lot about Skagway, Lynn Canal as well as the land, plants and animals. I wasn't sure if we would see any wildlife but we saw several bald eagles, mountain goals and a humpback whale! I would recommend this excursion to anyone who is looking for a exciting, educational and safe adventure.

Warm and life vest suits were provided along with eye wear and gloves to ensure our safety and making it a more comfortable ride as we could go as fast as 50 miles per hour! Exciting!

Date of experience: May 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Absolutely fantastic! An adventure you will never forget! I love these guys. The crew is friendly and real. They aren't imports acting the part for the tourists. They are sincere in their love of this area and the wildlife, and their enthusiasm is catching. While the ride itself is a thrill you won't forget, they are always very respectful of the animals. We have gone twice and will go again if we take another cruise. I just can't recommend them enough. Kids will love it!!! I'm smiling again just thinking about it. If you go to Skagway, don't miss this great trip!

Date of experience: July 2012
Oceanraftalaska, Owner at Ocean Raft Alaska, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thanks so much for your great review! We love having awesome guests like you guys- it makes the trip that much more fun for us when we know we have folks aboard for a second time. If you decide to do another spur of the moment trip to AK from the northwest this year, (we're pretty sure we remember you guys!) please stop by and say hello!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked with Ocean Raft Alaska before we went on our cruise the first week of September. It turned out to be one of the best choices we’ve ever made. We were fortunate to have only four guests on the excursion - plus the three owners. Their knowledge and obvious love of the area greatly enhanced our experience, and they were quite entertaining as well. The day was cloudy, the water choppy, the speed was fast - and we loved every second of this adventure. There is something very special about the opportunity to be at the base of a huge waterfall, skim the edges of the magnificent rock cliffs, and see sea lions, eagles, and gorgeous scenery up close. I recommend this company without hesitation, and when we return to Skagway I will be calling them again. We had an exhilarating, absolutely fantastic experience!

Date of experience: September 2012
4  Thank AnotherNiteOnTheRoad
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My family of 12 recently did this excursion during the 1st week of Aug. Our group included teenagers and adults. We lucked out with the weather. Overcast with the sun peeking out every once in a while. Not sure I'd want to do this in the rain. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. We were fully suited up with clean outfits (which keep you warm). We saw lots of eagles, sea lions, waterfalls, beautiful scenery and the driver surprised us every once in awhile with 360's and sharp turns.

Date of experience: August 2012
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Having cruised the inside passage I can tell you with some authority that the service and product that this excursion offers is second to none and I would urge anyone wanting to extract the best possible use of their time in Skagway to go out on the Zodiac, with the two Coast Guard authorised Captains and experience a quite emotional, exhilarating, informative, up close and personal and overall sensational two hours that you could ever wish for.

Date of experience: August 2012