“Just what we wanted!”

Beyond Skagway Tours - Private Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer private, customized sightseeing tours for friends and families. 2-14 seat in each of our vehicles. Your local and personal guide shares stories of the 1898 Klondike Gold Rush and their present day lives. Our guides are local Skagwegians. Join us for sightseeing and adventurous fun! You may choose from a visit at Michelle Phillip's dog mushing camp, panning for gold from a lake or creek, Scavenger Hunting for the kids, taking a hike and/or enjoying a wilderness picnic.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Our half-day with Becky turned out to be a customized private tour, well worth the expense. I particularly wanted to collect inspiration for paintings, and Becky seemed instinctively to find just the right sites. We could stop whenever we wanted, and she was endlessly patient with my constant, "Oh, wow! Stop the car!" One of the best days of our trip.

8  Thank Pam G
in 6 reviews
"yukon territory"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We enjoyed our time with Becky as we drove up the Klondike Highway. My interests were of photographic scenes and locations. She stopped whenever we asked and showed us many locations she knew. My wife enjoyed the visiting time with Becky while they waited on me to return. Whatever your interests are near Skagway, I'd recommend Becky ANY time EVERY time!

5  Thank Richard_S39042
Reviewed September 28, 2012

If you are going to Alaska and you are visiting Skagway then I can confidently recommend you call Becky and book one of her tours. Four of us landed at Skagway by ship, we previously booked her seven hour tour some months prior, it was well worth it. Becky takes you to sites that the cruise ships cannot possibly offer. We left dreary Skagway and climbed up through the valley making our way to the Canadian border (don’t forget your passports) stopping off at numerous places of interest along the way for photos. Becky said she would stop at any time at our request and she did. As the tour progressed she told us about various tales and local history. The scenery is absolutely fantastic, indescribable and we had taken some brilliant photos. We were very lucky with the weather, the sun was shining for us and you could see for miles. Distance was incomprehensible. We stopped at Carcross for lunch, just coffee and a sandwich but what a sandwich, the locals was friendly and history everywhere. Then onto more sites and on our return journey Becky took us off road along a track and we walked amongst the forest where she explained aspects of wildlife and the forest to a spot where we saw white water rushing down. We decided sometime ago to book the return journey back to Skagway via the railroad of White Pass & Yukon Route something I would seriously recommend and sure enough Becky got us to the station on time and found out what carriage we would be in so we said our goodbyes and it was back to Skagway. The train back was an amazing a feat of human engineering along with the views you would never normally see. So I would highly recommend to take the one of the various tours of Beyond Skagway and give Becky a call.

7  Thank Ken V
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Planning a trip for other people including my husband's elderly mother is a challenge. Arrange through Becky our day out was wonderful.
Kathy met us at the dock and drove us to the train making sure we had everything we needed she stayed with us until we were boarded and on our way. This was just the beginning. She met us in Fraser where the sun was shining and Grandma was doing okay so we set off to see what she had up her sleeve. This is Kathy's first season in Alaska and the enthusiasm and excitement over what she was showing us was infectious.
Tutshi Lake was amazingly clear, the quiet surroundings are breathtaking. We played on the suspension bridge while Kathy kept Grandma company and she made sure we knew where to get some great shots of the scenery. We loved the Inukshuk Village as well as the happy chatter in the SUV as we moved from spot to spot. At the end of the trip Kathy gave us the history of the town before dropping Grandma and two others at the ship before taking us up to the Cemetery so we could walk back and see the places she pointed out close up.
What a wonderful day. Thank you all for making it work for our family.

2  Thank Mari Anne H
See more reviews
Reviewed September 21, 2012

At the time of this posting there are 58 excellent reviews and one very good. So you can make the 59 to 1. We spent the day with Becky McGill and had a great time -- plus my wife ended the day getting a massage! We saw great scenery, a bear, a moose (in the distance), and one-on-one time with a master totem carver. This would be a value at twice the price!

1  Thank Ron W
Alaskawaters, Owner at Beyond Skagway Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you, Ron, for your nice review! I had a great time with the two of you! It's more like we were friends out for a drive, than on a tour. This is why I love small groups the best! 2-4 are my favorite size of group! I know it costs more for such a small group size, but you truely get to ask for just what you'd like to do for the day.

Glad your wife enjoyed her massage!
Becky

Been to Beyond Skagway Tours - Private Tours? Share your experiences!