“Wonderful tour with Tom”

Trail of '98 Tours - Private Skagway Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Skagway Tours and Excursions with Trail of '98 Tours. Enjoy the comfort and privacy of your own van / mini-bus on you Skagway Alaska Private Tours. You have the owner/guide and private bus on your Skagway Alaska Private Excursions sightseeing tour. Follow the historic trail of the 1898 Gold Rush over White Pass Summit into Canada's Yukon Territory. Enjoy the majestic scenery and search for goats, bears, and other wildlife while travelling the Klondike, one of North America's most scenic highways en route to the historic town of Carcross. Options include a visit to a wildlife gallery museum with Iditarod dog musher camp, dog cart rides, gold panning, a stop for lunch, and even explore the world's smallest desert. Approximately 150 miles roundtrip for your Skagway Private Tour.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful tour with Tom”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We only had 5 people on our tour but what a wonderful experience! Tom was a superb guide and could spot wildlife from the van. He would pull over and jump out and set up his tripod and Lupold spotting scope! We all piled out to see the dall sheep, swan, and a black wolf. The Yukon trail was beautiful and the day was warm and sunny. Emerald Lake is beautiful and we got a historical narrative all along the way. It was great -- I highly recommend Tom and his company TN Tours. My son got engaged at the glacier desert per Tom's suggestion, a beautiful spot. Now, a wedding to plan.... Thanks, Tom!

1 Thank Jenny O

Orlando, Florida, United States
“Awesome Experience!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Trail of the 98 Tours was the best! Tom was experienced and a WONDERFUL tour guide! The sights were breath taking! We enjoyed every minute of this tour, sad when it was over. Thank You Tom!!!!! If you're going to Alaska TAKE THIS TOUR!!!

Jeanette and Tom
Rhapsody of the Sea 9/10/12

Canton OH
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“THE Highlight of the trip!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Tom Strand met our group of 8 at 7:30 am, right on schedule. His 8-passenger vehicle provided easy access on and off at the many stops he made at our request or his suggestion for photo ops or just to view the jaw-dropping scenery. His commentary on the weather, the history of the area we traversed and the people who pioneered that wilderness in search of gold was fascinating and enlightening. Tom knows his stuff. At each stop, he checked the area first with high-powered binoculars, then set up an even more high-powered telescope on a tripod and invited us to view sheep, goats and a bald eagle. No bears that day. I would highly recommend, as he did, Chilkoot Trail Authentic Sourdough Bakery for lunch. We were never rushed. The entire day with Tom was relaxed and informative and the BEST day of our trip to Alaska and the Yukon.

Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Nothing but excellence”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We recently visited Skagway via a cruise with a group of 12 people, and I coordinated this excursion as an alternative to the cruise ship offerings. Michele was patient and friendly while I worked through "herding the cats" of our group into a decision, providing me with prompt answers to my questions during the process of booking. Ultimately, all 12 decided to go, and we chose the Emerald Lake excursion.

Tom picked my wife and I up right off the boat early in the morning, accomodating the two of us as we chose to ride the WPYR train to Fraser. He took us to the depot, made sure we got our tickets, and saw us to our train car. He even provided us with a short tour of town on the way there. Once we were settled, he went back and got the rest of our group and escorted them to Fraser, stopping to show them waterfalls and wildlife along the way. From there we joined up and headed to Caribou Crossing and Carcross. Tom was friendly, patient, very informative, and an excellent host. He spent much more time than he needed to with us, and it was greatly appreciated by eveyone.

The members of our group were still thanking me for organizing the trip days later, but Tom and Michele deserve all the credit. They run a first class operation, and I can't recommend them highly enough.

3 Thank Vincent H
Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best Excursion of Our Trip”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

After a lot of research, we chose T N Tours for our Skagway excursion. We are all so glad we did! My husband and I, my parents, his parents, and his grandpa took an Alaskan cruise to celebrate my parents' 35th wedding anniversary. We range in age from 33 to 89 and have a lot of different interests when taking a tour. (Grandpa also has limited mobility.) I'd say we are a complicated group. =) Since this was the only day our whole family would spend together doing the same excursion, I wanted to make sure we got it just right.

T N Tours was perfect! Michele made booking the tour and all of the arrangements a breeze. I could already tell we were in good hands. Tom picked us up the day of our tour and took us to the train station. We rode the train to Fraser, BC where Tom picked us up. I am SO glad we had more of a tour than the train. Though the train was a cool concept, the fog was as think as jam. After 20 minutes, we couldn't see ANYTHING out the window. What a disappointment!

Fortunately, once Tom drove us into the Yukon, the clouds lifted, and we got beautiful views. We had so much fun exploring the Yukon and the different sites as a family. Tom was incredibly knowledgeable about the history of the gold rush. We had a few people who are huge history buffs and a few who just wanted to take pictures. Tom was able to please both groups, which is pretty tough. On our trip, we saw six bears (4 of were right by the van!) and 21 dahl sheep. Our bakery visit was delicious.

After returning home, we all agreed this was our favorite day. This is one of those "once in a lifetime" trips, especially with so much family together. I wanted the day to be one that we could treasure as a family. T N Tours combined great logistics, professionalism, an engaging and fun tour guide, and an understanding of the must see sights. I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you for such a wonderful day!

Visited August 2012