“INCREDIBLE!”

TEMSCO Helicopters - Skagway
Ranked #8 of 50 Tours in Skagway
More attraction details
Owner description: Timber. Exploration. Mining. Survey. Cargo. Operations. - We are TEMSCO Helicopters in Skagway, Alaska. TEMSCO was founded in Ketchikan, Alaska in 1958. Years of experience has consistently made us one of the safest and most reliable helicopter companies in Alaska. The TEMSCO Skagway Base offers various Helicopter and Glacier Flightseeing Tours. Please let us know about the experiences you have shared with us!
Reviewed September 15, 2013

By far one of the best things I've done in my life. It's worth every cent. I had never been on a helicopter before this adventure and I was a bit terrified, but with the combination of the sweet workers and funny pilots, all my nerves were eased. Once in the helicopter, it was the smoothest and most beautiful ride I've ever been on. Our group went on one of the glacier tours and we even got to drink a little bit of the fresh water! The tour guides were very knowledgable and made sure everyone had a good time. I would do it again in a heart beat.

Do:
- Bring your camera.
- Have a good coat.
- Wink at Temsco guides.
- Listen to the workers and guides, they are there to keep you safe.

Do not:
- Bring extra bags or big bulky items.
- Ask about penguins.

5  Thank Darcy D

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My fiance and I took this tour even though pricey is worth every penny, we did the combo helicopter tour with dogsled ride at the top of the mountain needles to say the views where spectacular and the dogsled ride amazing we did various tours in Alaska all of them good but this one is the one you can't miss.

2  Thank NaturalWondersPR1
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We booked this helicopter to glacier tour for our family of four through M & M Tours. The TEMSCO representative picked us up from the M & M tours office which was a short walk off of our cruise ship. The helicopter pad was 5 minutes away & prior to getting on we were geared up with special boots to walk on the ice & a life vest. The 20 minute helicopter ride (our first) was amazing with spectacular views of mountains & water. Three helicopters landed on the glacier together & our pilot took us on a 45 min tour of the glacier. It was amazing see the blue crevices. This was the best part of my children's (age 11) Alaskan trip. Definitely an excursion I will always remember.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was our first helicopter flightseeing tour. Initially I was a bit uneasy, thinking that the flight could be bumpy. I was wrong. The flight was very smooth and offered a breathtaking view of snow-capped mountains and glaciers. After a 20-minute flight we landed on a glacier. Passengers from six helicopters were divided into three groups, each of which was led by a guide to take us walking around. The sight of blue crevasse was truly amazing. We were on the glacier for 40 minutes before we took the returning flight back to Skagway. This is one of the highlights of our Alaska cruise.

3  Thank suathong
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was my favorite excursion on my 2 week trip to Alaska! The flight in the helicopter up to the glacier we landed on was very smooth, the pilot answered all our questions and related information about the glacier and the surrounding area. They outfitted us with special boots to walk on the ice, dropped us on the glacier allowing us to walk around and take photos for 30 minutes. There was a crew on the glacier that also told us information about the glacier and answered our questions. All of the workers, from beginning to end, took great care of us, were very knowledgeable about there duties, and were very friendly to everyone. I will definitely refer anyone going to Skagway to take this tour! It was an experience of a lifetime, 5 star tour, for sure!!!

2  Thank Charlie W

Been to TEMSCO Helicopters - Skagway? Share your experiences!