“Hike up to the Glacier”

Packer Expeditions - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Packer Expeditions offers day hikes on wilderness trails not accessible by road, a sea kayak trip on a lake in British Columbia combined with a scenic ride on the White Pass and Yukon Route Railway, and guided and catered backpacking on the world famous Chilkoot Trail.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Great trip with Packer Expeditions. Rode the White Rail pass part of the way up the mountain and the went on hike up to the Glacier. Beautiful hike from start to finish. Time to stop and enjoy the scenery but nice brisk hike. Excellent scenery. John and Santi were our guides and did a fabulous job managing the trip. Well work the expense and a great way to spend the day in Skagway.

1  Thank Catherine T

Reviewed July 9, 2014

My brother & I did this trip while on a Princess Cruise! We saw a brown bear while on the train. The kayaking portion was the best ever. Our tour guides were knowledgable and fun to be with. A must do!!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I were in Skagway on a Holland America cruise. We met Shane (is awesome) at the cruise ship terminal and took a coach up to the lake. There we met Kurt, Michael and another guide. Water was smooth as glass, temperature was great and the guides were fantastic. My wife is afraid of the water and seldom uses the kayak I bought her a few years ago. After this, I've convinced her we should buy a double-kayak. The guides were informative, entertaining and relaxed. We highly recommend this and will sign up for it again if we are up that way. Also got a great recommendation from Shane (is awesome) for the Skagway Brewing Company.

2  Thank Wendy R
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We recently had a wonderful experience hiking in Skagway with the people from Packer Expeditions. We booked our excursion through Carnival , the White Pass Rail and Glacier Station Exploration hike. Although listed as a moderate hike my wife and I had some concerns as we are not experienced hikers , especially in the mountains. In short , the guides from Pacler , especially Kellen and Nita , were fantastic. They helped hikers of all types throughout the day. Nita led our group and she was fantastic working with all of us to set a comfortable pace and making sure everyone in our little group of eight was comfortable with what were doing. All the guides were very informative about the area and made it very enjoyable. They made sure everyone had a great time. One thing everyone enjoyed was how much the guides love their jobs and that translated to everyone having a good time. Have a great time using Packer !!!!!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We took a Disney Cruise and booked the Kayaking and White Pass tour through Disney. We were extremely pleased to have taken this excursion. It surpassed our expectations. Kellen, Shane, Michael and Dylan were extremely helpful and very informative about the area. We had a spectacularly beautiful clear day which enhanced the experience. We are in our sixties but had no problem paddling the kayak. We paddled for a little over an hour and were tired but exhilarated by the scenery and trip. We then boarded the White Pass train back to Skagway. We were in the end car and were able to stand on the back of the car to take pictures and enjoy the view. We saw bear and eagle on the trip. I was able to get some of the best pictures of our trip on this excursion. We want to go back and do more kayaking and some hiking around Skagway and would definitely contact Packer Expeditions to schedule another excursion.

Been to Packer Expeditions - Day Tours? Share your experiences!