LA PAIX Restaurant Hotel
Le Terminus(Tournus)
Village Motel(Tournus)
Hotel Le Kolibri(Tournus)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2013

great place to stay. We had a wonderful and reasonably priced meal both nights- very interesting menu and excellent selection of wines. Very kind and helpful staff. The decoration in the rooms is dated, but no big deal..the bed was very comfortable. Convenient central location, private parking across the street and easy to find.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel is situated by the side of the Saone and in the middle of the charming village/town of Tournus. The room was a good size and comfortable. The restaurant was excellent. Private parking available, although there was a very good car park to the side of the hotel (free overnight)

Room Tip: Try and get a room near the ground. If your wife is light on luggage the top floor is fine! (mine is not light on luggage)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Russell M
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

While we were disappointed with our room. Tiny, noisy and tired looking. We have got used to this during our pre booked cycling holiday. I think hotel owners think you can be fobbed off with the worst rooms available. However staff were exceptionally friendly and efficient and our evening meal was exceptional. Really imaginative cooking using fresh produce. Highly recommended. Eating in courtyard was delightful.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank bjb123
Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

I paid €53 for a 1 night stay. My room was in a separate building or "Annexe" to the main hotel in a much quieter side street about 100 yards from the main building. The room was very big and had a double bed (2 single beds pushed together, but still very comfortable), a small sofa which could double-up as a single bed, a table & chair & a flat-screen TV. A small window overlooks a small enclosed yard at the back, so the room was rather dark (Room 39 on 2nd floor).
The only problem I had was noise from a party in the neighbouring house which lasted till 1am. The Management was apologetic & explained that they were forewarned but that the party was only an annual event . . . but I did hear the DJ say "see you tomorrow night". You have been warned!
The Management are a couple who work extremely hard and are very friendly & welcoming. I didn't partake of any meals in the restaurant, preferring to use the cheaper neaby riverside cafés instead.
I would stay here again. If you are a family or hate traffic noise, then the riverside "Annexe" is for you.
I was sorry to read one review stating that they would never call in at Tournus again . . . my family are originally from there and it's a beautiful place with so much to offer & bubbling with history & character. If you hate this hotel so much, stay in a different one & definitely come back! :-).

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Frango6
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way to Languedoc. It was a holiday time and the hotel was completely full, but we were warmly welcomed, and as we had asked for an easy access room, as my wife has new knees, our request had been noted, and we had a ground floor bedroom. While moving cases about, my wallet fell out of my pocket, and disaster was avoided by Madame finding it in the street and immediately called us. We were very grateful!
Dinner was excellent and great fun-for us anyway! The restaurant was packed and Madame was assisted by a young waiter who was at a bit of a loss. Madame handled everything,including difficult customers demanding immediate tables efficiently and in a charming way. Her partner is the chef and did a superb job.
When we saw Madame the next morning, I asked what time she had finished the night before-she replied she had no idea as she is asleep at the end of her day and asleep when she starts work on bills and breakfast the next day! If so she sleeps in a very efficient and charming way also.A great young couple working very hard indeed-great stay

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family