All reviews large balcony sandy beach swimming pool jacuzzi receptionist euros sea
Reviewed September 7, 2018

We had ten nights here before we set off for 4 nights at Disney. And i have to say it was an absolute cracker of an hotel. spotless clean, awesome decor, the terrace overlooking the beach was stunning, nice rooms, nice staff. plenty of free car parking. (Ahhh! hold on! I booked through another well know BOOKING site, and it stated "Free Parking" yet when I got there the receptionist said "Oh no it changed in January this year and is five euros a night" I nearly, just as us Brits would do, gave in and polity paid. then I though "Hold on a minute! that's one of the reasons I picked this hotel" And I told her "Erm sorry i wont be paying that as on my website it absolutely said free parking, and if you have a minute i will rustle up my Ipad and show you on there". "No problem we can waive that charge!!" So make sure you don't pay. As usual Junior loved all the pampering in the Spa and massage and Jacuzzi, swimming pool, blah blah. I prefer to dip my toes in the sea which was right in front of the building. The internet for such a nice hotel was awful. well it was good when it worked. but it would log you out every hour and you kept having to sign in again, which I though was dreadful. but that's the only one bad point i can find, as the rest of the stay there was absolutely brilliant.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

To be avoided!!! They cancel your booking without notice!!! One of the worst customer service ever.
Golden Tulip Hotels should take immediate action and compensate damaged customers.
Will update post upon Golden Tulip Hotels feedback

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank alinapalos
Reviewed August 6, 2018

I am so angry!
We made a reservation on booking.com for two rooms on 5 July 2018 for 7-12 august 2018. They sent a message on 6th of August, just the day before that due to a technical issue (no explanation given) they can not honor the reservation. No reaosn why they did not cancel reservations made after 5th of July. They offered an alternative at a 2-star hotel nearby, rooms without air conditioning and really bad reviews. So here we are, with our two children on a tour in France, no accommodation on high season. The manager told me that he is sorry, but there is nothing he can do, but THEY WILL BE FLEXIBLE ON THE CANCELLATION POLICY!!!
Conclusion - there is no guarantee that Golden Tulip Douarnenez will honor the reservations, no matter how long in advance made.
Thank you Golden Tulip for leaving us with two children in the street!

Room tip: double confirm your reservation!!!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Romulanix
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

We arrived after a long car journey and were given a lovely large room on the front of the hotel with a large balcony where we were able to sit and enjoy the evening sun. The staff were all friendly and helpful and the food in the restaurant was very good. Car parking was about a 150 meters way. The hotel had obviously recently bee refurbished and was very smart and comfortable. Highly recommended - although following satnav directions to and from the hotel resulted in a somewhat complicated routing.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on business. Hotel seems to be a great spot for a weekend getaway, with both spa and great gym facilities. I only had the chance to check out the latter, which the staff pleasantly made available for me at 6 in the morning. Hope to be back someday.

Date of stay: November 2017